STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides Wanted - GT2256V compressor Back Plate

Wanted - GT2256V compressor Back Plate

Wanted - GT2256V compressor Back Plate

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

04-24-2009, 03:28 PM #1
A while ago I picked up a GT2256v that stated it had bearing failure for cheap. I thought it would be a good mock up turbo so I wouldn’t accidentally “F” up my unused GT2256v.

Fast forward to today, I finally sat down and examine this puppy. Turns out the compressor housing backplate had cracked off the center axis and was the cause of the rough spinning. Spins real good without it now.

Does anybody have a spare backplate they want to sell for cheap. Or do you know what other turbo backplates might work with this application.

This is not dire need. But it would be nice to use this turbo on the 123 when I get my act together and keep the other one for a rainy day or adapt it to my TDI someday.

Thanks in advance.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
04-24-2009, 03:28 PM #1

A while ago I picked up a GT2256v that stated it had bearing failure for cheap. I thought it would be a good mock up turbo so I wouldn’t accidentally “F” up my unused GT2256v.

Fast forward to today, I finally sat down and examine this puppy. Turns out the compressor housing backplate had cracked off the center axis and was the cause of the rough spinning. Spins real good without it now.

Does anybody have a spare backplate they want to sell for cheap. Or do you know what other turbo backplates might work with this application.

This is not dire need. But it would be nice to use this turbo on the 123 when I get my act together and keep the other one for a rainy day or adapt it to my TDI someday.

Thanks in advance.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average