STD Tuning Drivetrain 722.6 W5A580 NAG1 modification thread....

722.6 W5A580 NAG1 modification thread....

722.6 W5A580 NAG1 modification thread....

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

majesty78
GT2559V

01-27-2012, 02:14 AM #1
Hy folks,

as I came in the situation now, that my A/T begins to slip under the high torque, I am searching for an upgrade.

What I have experienced so far, there is a company in USA which delivers modified valve body kits, torque converters and complete transmissions. (www.importperfomancetrans.com)

Downside: The own transmission or parts of it have to be shipped to US, and then shipped back to EU, which will cost quite some downtime of the vehicle and probalbly some customs and additional shipping costs.

At the moment I think, it ist "just" the lockup clutch in my A/T which is slipping, so I came to the idea, that I might just need raised system pressure to cure this.

Therefore the modified valve body kit may do the trick, but I am not sure, as I am no A/T technician ;-)

IPT (above mentioned US company) also offer reinforced torque converters, but, and that is the point which makes me NOT want one, is the fact that they state, these are HIGH stall converters.

High stall is something I dont want in a diesel engine with loads of low end torque, I´d rather have an even lower stall speed than stock instead of higher stall speed, because even with stock stall speed, I miss quite some of the benefits of high low end torque, getting lost in converter.

If somehow possible, I would like to avoid taking the whole transmission apart and upgrade internal friction discs and so on, because, well, like mentioned above, I am no A/T technician and as a second, I dont really have or have access to the tools needed, to rebuilt and setup an complete A/T properly.

So there are three big questions coming up:

Will modifying system pressure do the trick, at least for a while?

Is there any LOWER stall speed converters available?

Is there any company in EU which offer parts/service for those transmission?

Any hints, help, links .... are highly appreciated.

Oh, and by the way, I dont have a 5000$ for a complete performance transmission ;-)

Regards, Alex

Mercedes Benz W210 E-Class 320CDI, lowered 2.5", 18" AMG wheels, Decat, EGR removed, Tumble flaps removed, C30 AMG injectors, 400kpa MAP, Custom GT2566XTV turbo, SW tweaked to 300+hp/750NmBig Grin
majesty78
01-27-2012, 02:14 AM #1

Hy folks,

as I came in the situation now, that my A/T begins to slip under the high torque, I am searching for an upgrade.

What I have experienced so far, there is a company in USA which delivers modified valve body kits, torque converters and complete transmissions. (www.importperfomancetrans.com)

Downside: The own transmission or parts of it have to be shipped to US, and then shipped back to EU, which will cost quite some downtime of the vehicle and probalbly some customs and additional shipping costs.

At the moment I think, it ist "just" the lockup clutch in my A/T which is slipping, so I came to the idea, that I might just need raised system pressure to cure this.

Therefore the modified valve body kit may do the trick, but I am not sure, as I am no A/T technician ;-)

IPT (above mentioned US company) also offer reinforced torque converters, but, and that is the point which makes me NOT want one, is the fact that they state, these are HIGH stall converters.

High stall is something I dont want in a diesel engine with loads of low end torque, I´d rather have an even lower stall speed than stock instead of higher stall speed, because even with stock stall speed, I miss quite some of the benefits of high low end torque, getting lost in converter.

If somehow possible, I would like to avoid taking the whole transmission apart and upgrade internal friction discs and so on, because, well, like mentioned above, I am no A/T technician and as a second, I dont really have or have access to the tools needed, to rebuilt and setup an complete A/T properly.

So there are three big questions coming up:

Will modifying system pressure do the trick, at least for a while?

Is there any LOWER stall speed converters available?

Is there any company in EU which offer parts/service for those transmission?

Any hints, help, links .... are highly appreciated.

Oh, and by the way, I dont have a 5000$ for a complete performance transmission ;-)

Regards, Alex

Mercedes Benz W210 E-Class 320CDI, lowered 2.5", 18" AMG wheels, Decat, EGR removed, Tumble flaps removed, C30 AMG injectors, 400kpa MAP, Custom GT2566XTV turbo, SW tweaked to 300+hp/750NmBig Grin

diesel2fast4u
GT2256V

01-27-2012, 08:38 AM #2
http://southernhotrod.com/

These guys make them for big power hemi

Grand cherokee WK (OM642)
diesel2fast4u
01-27-2012, 08:38 AM #2

http://southernhotrod.com/

These guys make them for big power hemi

Grand cherokee WK (OM642)

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

01-27-2012, 10:04 AM #3
Test your modulator's pressure-it might not be in spec. There is a guide somewhere on how to make a gauge adapter. Simply a banjo bolt and a pressure gauge

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
01-27-2012, 10:04 AM #3

Test your modulator's pressure-it might not be in spec. There is a guide somewhere on how to make a gauge adapter. Simply a banjo bolt and a pressure gauge

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

INC
GTA2056V

01-27-2012, 02:40 PM #4
I rebuild and reinforce my 722.6 for G300TD in www.recro.eu till now ~ 30 000 km with 7.5mm elements and some software mod it works very well.

Now they making my next 722.6 for trophy-raid car.

G300TD(OM606.964) & 250GD(OM605.960)Trophy raid
INC
01-27-2012, 02:40 PM #4

I rebuild and reinforce my 722.6 for G300TD in www.recro.eu till now ~ 30 000 km with 7.5mm elements and some software mod it works very well.

Now they making my next 722.6 for trophy-raid car.

G300TD(OM606.964) & 250GD(OM605.960)Trophy raid

whipplem104
Holset

01-29-2012, 11:09 PM #5
http://www.power-transmissie.nl/index.ph...pageid=101

Give Henri a call. I do business with him. He has some good stuff for the 722.6.
whipplem104
01-29-2012, 11:09 PM #5

http://www.power-transmissie.nl/index.ph...pageid=101

Give Henri a call. I do business with him. He has some good stuff for the 722.6.

Allu D.
Naturally-aspirated

04-21-2012, 04:22 AM #6
Both the 722.6 and the 7speed722.9 are quite easy to inforce for serious power, and both are fitable on most merc engines.
Allu D.
04-21-2012, 04:22 AM #6

Both the 722.6 and the 7speed722.9 are quite easy to inforce for serious power, and both are fitable on most merc engines.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average