STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides Euro Bumpers, 3-piece

Euro Bumpers, 3-piece

Euro Bumpers, 3-piece

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

01-17-2012, 11:38 AM #1
I'm not sure whether I want to sell these or not.

But I would like to know how much they are actually worth, as examples on eBay and CL which include the rear bumper's mounting subframe are non-existent, and I have been offered a trade for them. I have been reluctant to install them on my own car, because I routinely drive and park in the big city.

What would you pay for them, if I agreed to sell them to you? Be honest because I might hold you to it. Or, if you have an informed opinion but don't actually want to "bid" on them, please PM me.

Pulled last July from a 1979 280CE. They are straight. No rust outside. The insides have rust but not too bad. No rubber endcaps. As you can see, I had to cut the rear end of the car off to take the rear bumper. I have a spanking-new rubber strip for the rear bumper. The rubber pieces on the front bumper are almost pristine, except for a very tiny, very shallow, almost unnoticeable irregular vertical crack on the side of the right piece, not visible in the photograph. The crack looks like natural damage, perhaps from ozone and time, not a slit. The front bumper has headlamp washer nozzles, which are undamaged and they do squirt.

They look like they will mount right up to the standard W123 bumper mounting studs, though the rear might need slight McGyver'ing, e.g. insert the mounting studs from-the-outside-pointing-in.

Pictures:

http://i40.tinypic.com/339ks1v.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/ff7hwg.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/wwb6mu.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/jue1ki.jpg
This post was last modified: 01-17-2012, 11:52 AM by JustPassinThru.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).
JustPassinThru
01-17-2012, 11:38 AM #1

I'm not sure whether I want to sell these or not.

But I would like to know how much they are actually worth, as examples on eBay and CL which include the rear bumper's mounting subframe are non-existent, and I have been offered a trade for them. I have been reluctant to install them on my own car, because I routinely drive and park in the big city.

What would you pay for them, if I agreed to sell them to you? Be honest because I might hold you to it. Or, if you have an informed opinion but don't actually want to "bid" on them, please PM me.

Pulled last July from a 1979 280CE. They are straight. No rust outside. The insides have rust but not too bad. No rubber endcaps. As you can see, I had to cut the rear end of the car off to take the rear bumper. I have a spanking-new rubber strip for the rear bumper. The rubber pieces on the front bumper are almost pristine, except for a very tiny, very shallow, almost unnoticeable irregular vertical crack on the side of the right piece, not visible in the photograph. The crack looks like natural damage, perhaps from ozone and time, not a slit. The front bumper has headlamp washer nozzles, which are undamaged and they do squirt.

They look like they will mount right up to the standard W123 bumper mounting studs, though the rear might need slight McGyver'ing, e.g. insert the mounting studs from-the-outside-pointing-in.

Pictures:

http://i40.tinypic.com/339ks1v.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/ff7hwg.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/wwb6mu.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/jue1ki.jpg

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

01-26-2012, 06:22 PM #2
[Image: ff7hwg.jpg]

Now looking at this picture, you have the inner crossbar for a Euro Hitch. Did you get the two underbody braces that bolted to the other side of those two in the trunk brackets? Those braces bolted up to the sway bar mount.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
01-26-2012, 06:22 PM #2

[Image: ff7hwg.jpg]

Now looking at this picture, you have the inner crossbar for a Euro Hitch. Did you get the two underbody braces that bolted to the other side of those two in the trunk brackets? Those braces bolted up to the sway bar mount.

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

01-26-2012, 06:32 PM #3
Not sure to what area you refer. There was no trailer hitch on the donor vehicle. So, no, I did not take any underbody braces. I would like to see a picture of them.

The thick black prongs which protrude "forward," those were inside the trunk, inner sides of the fender wells. Notice their position relative to the spare tire well.

The bumpers are already spoken for. I will be shipping them out, in the next week or two. Delayed, because there's a lot of storm damage which needs cleaning up here.
This post was last modified: 01-26-2012, 06:33 PM by JustPassinThru.

JustPassinThru
01-26-2012, 06:32 PM #3

Not sure to what area you refer. There was no trailer hitch on the donor vehicle. So, no, I did not take any underbody braces. I would like to see a picture of them.

The thick black prongs which protrude "forward," those were inside the trunk, inner sides of the fender wells. Notice their position relative to the spare tire well.

The bumpers are already spoken for. I will be shipping them out, in the next week or two. Delayed, because there's a lot of storm damage which needs cleaning up here.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

01-26-2012, 07:24 PM #4
Here are pictures of the braces I have. Notice the two long braces. They go on the undercarriage and bolts to the braces inside the trunk.

This shot is from MBZ300CD's car. He has the same type of inner crossbar you have. The hitch part is bolted on that bar. In your picture above, I see the bolt holes for it.

The part number for the long brace is 123 310 01 58 for the right 123 310 00 58 for the left.

Get those pieces and the hitch part, and you got yourself a working setup.

This post was last modified: 01-27-2012, 11:05 AM by DeliveryValve.

DeliveryValve
01-26-2012, 07:24 PM #4

Here are pictures of the braces I have. Notice the two long braces. They go on the undercarriage and bolts to the braces inside the trunk.

This shot is from MBZ300CD's car. He has the same type of inner crossbar you have. The hitch part is bolted on that bar. In your picture above, I see the bolt holes for it.

The part number for the long brace is 123 310 01 58 for the right 123 310 00 58 for the left.

Get those pieces and the hitch part, and you got yourself a working setup.

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

01-26-2012, 07:51 PM #5
Yes, I see what you mean. I just didn't think to look for those flat bar pieces. Didn't know they existed. The donor car is of course long gone.

I will PM you the identity of to whom I am sending them. If you have the ability to trace the outlines of those flat bar pieces, or in some other way supply dimensions, I am sure he is capable of duplicating them.

JustPassinThru
01-26-2012, 07:51 PM #5

Yes, I see what you mean. I just didn't think to look for those flat bar pieces. Didn't know they existed. The donor car is of course long gone.

I will PM you the identity of to whom I am sending them. If you have the ability to trace the outlines of those flat bar pieces, or in some other way supply dimensions, I am sure he is capable of duplicating them.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

01-26-2012, 08:05 PM #6
No problem!

DeliveryValve
01-26-2012, 08:05 PM #6

No problem!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average