STD Tuning Drivetrain maybe ill get lucky

maybe ill get lucky

maybe ill get lucky

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

beltsander2110
Naturally-aspirated

12-15-2011, 10:04 PM #1

Hello everyone.,
the picture is a likeness of the exact trans im using. if it didnt show up it is the first trans pictured in the sticky on manual transmissions, the iron body flat back 4 speed. does this trans have a proper name? the only tag or id on the unit is on the passenger side and casted in the body 115 261 0801. does that mean anything to anyone? Im specifically looking for a place to order internal hard parts for it. the trans is in very good shape, minus two chipped gears on the reverse side, the idler and and the countershaft gears i believe. i cant warrent buying a replacement because the trans is still in fine shape, and the 500 to 800 price tag without shipping is pretty steep. so i was hoping maybe someone could point me in a direction, or possibly maybe somone has a blown up one sitting on their shelf and wouldnt mind selling the gears. and if its possible i give you the measurements maybe someone could verify if they are the same gears used in the newer "slope back" iron transmissions. the deal is i have this trans mated to a 617 using a 615 flywheel and a homemade adaptor to mate the trans to a np231 t case in a jeep. space is a premium, and if i can find repair parts and not have to reengineer the whole thing it would be a super savings in both time and money. thanks to anyone in advance who can point me in the right direction here.
beltsander2110
12-15-2011, 10:04 PM #1

Hello everyone.,
the picture is a likeness of the exact trans im using. if it didnt show up it is the first trans pictured in the sticky on manual transmissions, the iron body flat back 4 speed. does this trans have a proper name? the only tag or id on the unit is on the passenger side and casted in the body 115 261 0801. does that mean anything to anyone? Im specifically looking for a place to order internal hard parts for it. the trans is in very good shape, minus two chipped gears on the reverse side, the idler and and the countershaft gears i believe. i cant warrent buying a replacement because the trans is still in fine shape, and the 500 to 800 price tag without shipping is pretty steep. so i was hoping maybe someone could point me in a direction, or possibly maybe somone has a blown up one sitting on their shelf and wouldnt mind selling the gears. and if its possible i give you the measurements maybe someone could verify if they are the same gears used in the newer "slope back" iron transmissions. the deal is i have this trans mated to a 617 using a 615 flywheel and a homemade adaptor to mate the trans to a np231 t case in a jeep. space is a premium, and if i can find repair parts and not have to reengineer the whole thing it would be a super savings in both time and money. thanks to anyone in advance who can point me in the right direction here.

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

12-15-2011, 11:01 PM #2
With the casting number 115 261 0801 Rusty at buymbparts.biz or a Mercedes dealer or there classic center should be able to order internal parts

I would call Rusty first 1(800)741-5252 and explain you need transmission parts for an old 200d/220d/240d transmission I bet he can narrow down which model with that part number.

He can usually get all the same dealer part for less!

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
12-15-2011, 11:01 PM #2

With the casting number 115 261 0801 Rusty at buymbparts.biz or a Mercedes dealer or there classic center should be able to order internal parts

I would call Rusty first 1(800)741-5252 and explain you need transmission parts for an old 200d/220d/240d transmission I bet he can narrow down which model with that part number.

He can usually get all the same dealer part for less!

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average