STD Maintenance General only defrost?

only defrost?

only defrost?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

larsalan
Superturbo

10-22-2011, 07:22 PM #1
I can only get air to blow out of my defrost setting. A little trickles out the dash vents but, no matter what buttons I push the bulk of flow is from the defrost vents.
Tried another climate control unit and still the same behavior.
Any hints as to what's going on with this w123?

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
10-22-2011, 07:22 PM #1

I can only get air to blow out of my defrost setting. A little trickles out the dash vents but, no matter what buttons I push the bulk of flow is from the defrost vents.
Tried another climate control unit and still the same behavior.
Any hints as to what's going on with this w123?

aaa
GT2256V

10-22-2011, 07:26 PM #2
Vacuum leak and/or malfunctioning climate vacuum pods. I assume the climate control line in the engine bay is hooked to vacuum right?
aaa
10-22-2011, 07:26 PM #2

Vacuum leak and/or malfunctioning climate vacuum pods. I assume the climate control line in the engine bay is hooked to vacuum right?

larsalan
Superturbo

10-22-2011, 07:27 PM #3
Ah jeez, maybe. Do you know what color it should be?

larsalan
10-22-2011, 07:27 PM #3

Ah jeez, maybe. Do you know what color it should be?

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

10-22-2011, 08:04 PM #4
It would be more issues, like the vacuum pods leaking. This would require the dash out to test them.

The defrost vacuum pod is near the fuel pedal. You remove the dash kick panel and look for the pod. Move the arms and it will close the defrost section and force air through the vents. Then you can zip tie it down until you can fix it properly. Of course you will not have a working defrost, which is very important in your climate. Maybe you can rig a manual lever for it.
You might also have an issue with the center vents. That's a little more tricky with the dash still in, but I've stuffed a peace of radiator hose in that flap to keep it open through the glove box.

In the end, fixing the vacuum system maybe a better route when you get the time to pull the dash.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
10-22-2011, 08:04 PM #4

It would be more issues, like the vacuum pods leaking. This would require the dash out to test them.

The defrost vacuum pod is near the fuel pedal. You remove the dash kick panel and look for the pod. Move the arms and it will close the defrost section and force air through the vents. Then you can zip tie it down until you can fix it properly. Of course you will not have a working defrost, which is very important in your climate. Maybe you can rig a manual lever for it.
You might also have an issue with the center vents. That's a little more tricky with the dash still in, but I've stuffed a peace of radiator hose in that flap to keep it open through the glove box.

In the end, fixing the vacuum system maybe a better route when you get the time to pull the dash.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average