STD Other Open What to do in Sacramento?

What to do in Sacramento?

What to do in Sacramento?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

09-30-2011, 09:57 AM #1
Hey, I'm going to be in Sac, CA from Tuesday to Friday. Anbody from the area? Anybody know anything fun to do in the area?
Thanks!

82 300SD aka The Flyin Pumpkin (Gone): 7.5mm super M-pump, T3 60 trim turbo, Coldish air intake, A/W intercooler, propane injection, SW Boost and EGT gauges, Monark 265 nozzles, ported/polished cylinder head.

84 Euro 300D 4 sp: White with black trunk and hood. Blue cloth interior. Manual everything. 300DT front swaybar. C320 17" wheels. Now with the Flyin Pumpkins engine! 
Biohazard
09-30-2011, 09:57 AM #1

Hey, I'm going to be in Sac, CA from Tuesday to Friday. Anbody from the area? Anybody know anything fun to do in the area?
Thanks!

82 300SD aka The Flyin Pumpkin (Gone): 7.5mm super M-pump, T3 60 trim turbo, Coldish air intake, A/W intercooler, propane injection, SW Boost and EGT gauges, Monark 265 nozzles, ported/polished cylinder head.

84 Euro 300D 4 sp: White with black trunk and hood. Blue cloth interior. Manual everything. 300DT front swaybar. C320 17" wheels. Now with the Flyin Pumpkins engine! 

iheartboost
Holset

09-30-2011, 07:33 PM #2
My grand parents are there lol. Nice area I love ca roads. Theres nice coast roads to drive. Mountain roads. With in 30 or so. Im a fan of the red wood trees. They are incredible. I have never felt so small...all 6ft 220lbs of me lol.

1998 E300TD 7.5mm pump and hx35 to come!
00 Mustang gt drift car

iheartboost
09-30-2011, 07:33 PM #2

My grand parents are there lol. Nice area I love ca roads. Theres nice coast roads to drive. Mountain roads. With in 30 or so. Im a fan of the red wood trees. They are incredible. I have never felt so small...all 6ft 220lbs of me lol.

00 Mustang gt drift car

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

09-30-2011, 08:55 PM #3
Oh, redwoods! Good idea! I'll see if I have time. I'm there for a four day class.

Biohazard
09-30-2011, 08:55 PM #3

Oh, redwoods! Good idea! I'll see if I have time. I'm there for a four day class.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

10-01-2011, 12:19 AM #4
And if you have time drive up to Reno, NV and do some gambling.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
10-01-2011, 12:19 AM #4

And if you have time drive up to Reno, NV and do some gambling.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

iheartboost
Holset

10-01-2011, 02:09 PM #5
now that im looking for it im not sure where the redwoods are in relation. but if its possible those are awesome.

00 Mustang gt drift car

iheartboost
10-01-2011, 02:09 PM #5

now that im looking for it im not sure where the redwoods are in relation. but if its possible those are awesome.

00 Mustang gt drift car

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

10-08-2011, 10:36 AM #6
Everything in West Sacramento closed at five, right when training was over. So, drove over to Reno and checked out Circus Circus. They made $22 off me at the roulette table. LOL All in all a fun trip. Oh, rented a new E350 for the duration of the trip. That is a smooooooth ride!

Biohazard
10-08-2011, 10:36 AM #6

Everything in West Sacramento closed at five, right when training was over. So, drove over to Reno and checked out Circus Circus. They made $22 off me at the roulette table. LOL All in all a fun trip. Oh, rented a new E350 for the duration of the trip. That is a smooooooth ride!

JustPassinThru
W123 and W124

10-08-2011, 11:22 AM #7
(10-01-2011, 02:09 PM)iheartboost now that im looking for it im not sure where the redwoods are in relation. but if its possible those are awesome.

Biggest of the redwoods are on Highway 101, quite a ways north of San Francisco, vicinity of Garberville or roughly thereabouts --perhaps a bit south of Garberville, if dim memory serves (I mean, the trees right beside the road. Biggest of all are in Humboldt State Park, which I think is a bit north of Garberville). There are redwoods right beside 101 here and there all the way north to Brookings, Oregon. I happen to know this because ten years ago my job was picking up live sea urchins all up and down the coast between Bodega Bay and Anacortes. Got a ticket for overlegal length, just south of Garberville, on May 1st, 2002. I'd gone to pick up the usual 45-foot trailer on the Tacoma tideflats but all the leasing yard had were 48's. They gave me a 48' for the same price as a 45'. Unfortunately, this put me 2'9" over the 65-foot length limit through the redwoods. A CHIPS motorcycle cop pulled me over and put the tape measure to my rig. I had to park the trailer with the sheriff in Garberville and deadhead to Sacramento --about 4 hours, if memory serves-- to exchange the sleeper cab for a day cab, then deadhead the trailer all the way back to Tacoma without a load (sea urchins are highly perishable, so someone else had to go get them).

Some of those trees are right on the fog line, going around curves, hence the length limit. I wish the b******s had put up *signs announcing the length limit*, though. California expects truckers to know length limits by ESP.

If you're ever around that area with time to spare, and want to see something besides giant redwoods, I recommend the drive west out California Highway 20 from Willits to Fort Bragg. Winding SOB of a road, but the scenery on the coast, and south from Fort Bragg along the coast on Highway 1 to Mendocino, is worth the drive. Much different from the Washington and Oregon coasts. Ten years ago, Fort Bragg had pretty good nightlife in the bars. Dunno about today. I imagine the drive north on 1 from Fort Bragg is probably spectacular too, but I never made it.
This post was last modified: 10-08-2011, 02:22 PM by JustPassinThru.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).
JustPassinThru
10-08-2011, 11:22 AM #7

(10-01-2011, 02:09 PM)iheartboost now that im looking for it im not sure where the redwoods are in relation. but if its possible those are awesome.

Biggest of the redwoods are on Highway 101, quite a ways north of San Francisco, vicinity of Garberville or roughly thereabouts --perhaps a bit south of Garberville, if dim memory serves (I mean, the trees right beside the road. Biggest of all are in Humboldt State Park, which I think is a bit north of Garberville). There are redwoods right beside 101 here and there all the way north to Brookings, Oregon. I happen to know this because ten years ago my job was picking up live sea urchins all up and down the coast between Bodega Bay and Anacortes. Got a ticket for overlegal length, just south of Garberville, on May 1st, 2002. I'd gone to pick up the usual 45-foot trailer on the Tacoma tideflats but all the leasing yard had were 48's. They gave me a 48' for the same price as a 45'. Unfortunately, this put me 2'9" over the 65-foot length limit through the redwoods. A CHIPS motorcycle cop pulled me over and put the tape measure to my rig. I had to park the trailer with the sheriff in Garberville and deadhead to Sacramento --about 4 hours, if memory serves-- to exchange the sleeper cab for a day cab, then deadhead the trailer all the way back to Tacoma without a load (sea urchins are highly perishable, so someone else had to go get them).

Some of those trees are right on the fog line, going around curves, hence the length limit. I wish the b******s had put up *signs announcing the length limit*, though. California expects truckers to know length limits by ESP.

If you're ever around that area with time to spare, and want to see something besides giant redwoods, I recommend the drive west out California Highway 20 from Willits to Fort Bragg. Winding SOB of a road, but the scenery on the coast, and south from Fort Bragg along the coast on Highway 1 to Mendocino, is worth the drive. Much different from the Washington and Oregon coasts. Ten years ago, Fort Bragg had pretty good nightlife in the bars. Dunno about today. I imagine the drive north on 1 from Fort Bragg is probably spectacular too, but I never made it.

Gone but not forgotten: two W123 sedans and two W124 wagons.
W124 1987 300TD wagon, for sale, $1000 (some assembly required).

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average