STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides Parting out '77 W123 240d manual everything

Parting out '77 W123 240d manual everything

Parting out '77 W123 240d manual everything

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

09-22-2011, 12:40 AM #1
I got this car as a non runner for an engine swap project. There is rust through under the car and I found a better donor car. I've never driven this car, so I don't know how the trans feels or shifts, or how well anything else on the car works.

The engine is not so good. The intake manifold is now missing and it ran rough a year and a half or two ago when it ran last. I have an intake from a 82 that would fit if you need one.

Paint is faded, but the body panels are in decent shape. Most of the trim is in good shape also. Headlight surrounds and grill insert not available.

Black MB Tex interior in good shape. Slight sag in drivers seat, outer edge. Not nearly as bad as my SD sags though. Drivers seat up and down adjustment is currently stuck, working on getting it loose though. Other wise, front and rear seats are in good condition. White headliner, no sunroof type, has a couple small tears. Dash has some cracks, has a dash cover too! All 4 door panels in good shape, also black. Roll up windows work, left rear is pretty stiff though. Center console bits in good shape. Manual heater controls move ok. Has manual AC controls, no ac though. Good glove box insert.

Brake and clutch pedal assy is available, transmission is avail. There is no output
flange on the trans!! I had to rob it to get the pumpkin running a while back. I think I have shift linkage somewhere, I've moved twice with this car, they may be lost. I'll update if I can find them! Has stock 240d rear diff. No axles, no driveshaft.

Let me know what you want or need. I want this car gone soon and am parting it out a quick as I can so I can get going on the 300d engine swap. Make me a reasonable offer on what you need and its yours. 10% of sale goes to this website for support. Big Grin
This post was last modified: 09-22-2011, 12:55 AM by Biohazard.

82 300SD aka The Flyin Pumpkin (Gone): 7.5mm super M-pump, T3 60 trim turbo, Coldish air intake, A/W intercooler, propane injection, SW Boost and EGT gauges, Monark 265 nozzles, ported/polished cylinder head.

84 Euro 300D 4 sp: White with black trunk and hood. Blue cloth interior. Manual everything. 300DT front swaybar. C320 17" wheels. Now with the Flyin Pumpkins engine! 
Biohazard
09-22-2011, 12:40 AM #1

I got this car as a non runner for an engine swap project. There is rust through under the car and I found a better donor car. I've never driven this car, so I don't know how the trans feels or shifts, or how well anything else on the car works.

The engine is not so good. The intake manifold is now missing and it ran rough a year and a half or two ago when it ran last. I have an intake from a 82 that would fit if you need one.

Paint is faded, but the body panels are in decent shape. Most of the trim is in good shape also. Headlight surrounds and grill insert not available.

Black MB Tex interior in good shape. Slight sag in drivers seat, outer edge. Not nearly as bad as my SD sags though. Drivers seat up and down adjustment is currently stuck, working on getting it loose though. Other wise, front and rear seats are in good condition. White headliner, no sunroof type, has a couple small tears. Dash has some cracks, has a dash cover too! All 4 door panels in good shape, also black. Roll up windows work, left rear is pretty stiff though. Center console bits in good shape. Manual heater controls move ok. Has manual AC controls, no ac though. Good glove box insert.

Brake and clutch pedal assy is available, transmission is avail. There is no output
flange on the trans!! I had to rob it to get the pumpkin running a while back. I think I have shift linkage somewhere, I've moved twice with this car, they may be lost. I'll update if I can find them! Has stock 240d rear diff. No axles, no driveshaft.

Let me know what you want or need. I want this car gone soon and am parting it out a quick as I can so I can get going on the 300d engine swap. Make me a reasonable offer on what you need and its yours. 10% of sale goes to this website for support. Big Grin

82 300SD aka The Flyin Pumpkin (Gone): 7.5mm super M-pump, T3 60 trim turbo, Coldish air intake, A/W intercooler, propane injection, SW Boost and EGT gauges, Monark 265 nozzles, ported/polished cylinder head.

84 Euro 300D 4 sp: White with black trunk and hood. Blue cloth interior. Manual everything. 300DT front swaybar. C320 17" wheels. Now with the Flyin Pumpkins engine! 

Greazzer
Superturbo

09-22-2011, 06:38 AM #2
Hey,

I may be interested in changing the interior color of my car. Any pic's of the seat covers ? That is, front and back (all). Not sure if they will fit. My car is a 1985 MB 300D Turbo, W123. That is, 77" to 85" ??. And, will your break and clutch assembly ultimately work on a 5 speed? I have not given up my search for the Getrag 717.400. Please PM me with prices. thanks,

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
09-22-2011, 06:38 AM #2

Hey,

I may be interested in changing the interior color of my car. Any pic's of the seat covers ? That is, front and back (all). Not sure if they will fit. My car is a 1985 MB 300D Turbo, W123. That is, 77" to 85" ??. And, will your break and clutch assembly ultimately work on a 5 speed? I have not given up my search for the Getrag 717.400. Please PM me with prices. thanks,

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

09-22-2011, 09:12 AM #3
I will try to post pics of the seats tonight. Are you wanting just the covers or would this involve shipping the whole seat assemblies to the east coast ($$$$$)? I don't know if the 4 & 5 speed pedal assy is different, but the pedal assy and seats should be bolt in deals.

Biohazard
09-22-2011, 09:12 AM #3

I will try to post pics of the seats tonight. Are you wanting just the covers or would this involve shipping the whole seat assemblies to the east coast ($$$$$)? I don't know if the 4 & 5 speed pedal assy is different, but the pedal assy and seats should be bolt in deals.

Greazzer
Superturbo

09-22-2011, 12:24 PM #4
Hey,

Just the seat covers. I want to "re-skin" my seats. The wegiht should not be that bad for just the MB Tex covers.

If the pedal assembly is the same for the 5 speed as the 4 speed, then I am interested.

Thanks,

Greazzer
09-22-2011, 12:24 PM #4

Hey,

Just the seat covers. I want to "re-skin" my seats. The wegiht should not be that bad for just the MB Tex covers.

If the pedal assembly is the same for the 5 speed as the 4 speed, then I am interested.

Thanks,

Oil Burner
Turbo Everyting!!!

09-22-2011, 02:05 PM #5
Interested in the Manaul HVAC controls can you take picture of that and what you think would be a good price. These are completely Manual as in NO Vacume lines going to them at all?
Thanks

08 Ram Cummins 6.7 Mega Cab 4wd Beauty & Towing Mods, 97 Ram Cummins 5.9 Extended Cab 4wd. Engine, Tansmission, and Funtional Mods, 90 Suburban 4wd Stock, 83 300D Pats Car, 80 300CD in Restoration and Fabrication Process( was non turbo...now TurboBig Grin) 75 Ramcharger 4wd Someday Cummins Power ProjectTongue
Oil Burner
09-22-2011, 02:05 PM #5

Interested in the Manaul HVAC controls can you take picture of that and what you think would be a good price. These are completely Manual as in NO Vacume lines going to them at all?
Thanks

08 Ram Cummins 6.7 Mega Cab 4wd Beauty & Towing Mods, 97 Ram Cummins 5.9 Extended Cab 4wd. Engine, Tansmission, and Funtional Mods, 90 Suburban 4wd Stock, 83 300D Pats Car, 80 300CD in Restoration and Fabrication Process( was non turbo...now TurboBig Grin) 75 Ramcharger 4wd Someday Cummins Power ProjectTongue

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

09-22-2011, 11:07 PM #6
So I feel a bit dumb. The front seats have had covers on since I bought the car. I pulled off the covers when I bought it and all was good. I didn't take the seat covers off again till today. Somewhere between moving and storage, the drivers bottom got a tear. Angry There is a very small tear near the passenger headrest and on the corner of the rear seat armrest. Pictures show the spots. Here is the drivers seat bottom.

Close up, bic for size reference.

Passenger seat...

rear seats...

How does $125 plus shipping sound for the skins; headrests and armrest will ship complete. There is no armrest on the drivers seat.

And I didn't forget about the hvac either. I pulled the dash out and inspected all the controls. The ac has a bunch of vacuum lines, but the heater controls and fresh air vent are all mechanical and electric (fan switch).

I can take more pics with the dash out tomorrow or this weekend when its light out again. I don't know what to ask for this, simply because I need to know how much you do or don't need. Do you want the ac switch with vacuum lines? Do you want the vacuum actuators if you want the ac stuff? If all you want is the manual heater control panel with cables, then I would say $60 plus shipping. This includes the center air vent adjuster also.

I've been informed by someone who has pulled several of these hvac units appart that the controls can't be swapped over. Aparently, the whole duct work and box is different. Either way, let me know. Smile

This post was last modified: 09-23-2011, 12:35 AM by Biohazard.

Biohazard
09-22-2011, 11:07 PM #6

So I feel a bit dumb. The front seats have had covers on since I bought the car. I pulled off the covers when I bought it and all was good. I didn't take the seat covers off again till today. Somewhere between moving and storage, the drivers bottom got a tear. Angry There is a very small tear near the passenger headrest and on the corner of the rear seat armrest. Pictures show the spots. Here is the drivers seat bottom.

Close up, bic for size reference.

Passenger seat...

rear seats...

How does $125 plus shipping sound for the skins; headrests and armrest will ship complete. There is no armrest on the drivers seat.

And I didn't forget about the hvac either. I pulled the dash out and inspected all the controls. The ac has a bunch of vacuum lines, but the heater controls and fresh air vent are all mechanical and electric (fan switch).

I can take more pics with the dash out tomorrow or this weekend when its light out again. I don't know what to ask for this, simply because I need to know how much you do or don't need. Do you want the ac switch with vacuum lines? Do you want the vacuum actuators if you want the ac stuff? If all you want is the manual heater control panel with cables, then I would say $60 plus shipping. This includes the center air vent adjuster also.

I've been informed by someone who has pulled several of these hvac units appart that the controls can't be swapped over. Aparently, the whole duct work and box is different. Either way, let me know. Smile

Greazzer
Superturbo

09-23-2011, 06:20 AM #7
Hey,

THANKS for the pictures. Those slight rips want to make me cry right now. ... LOL. I will keep searching, however. PLUS, mine is 6 pleats and yours is 5 pleats. They changed style in the 80's or so. It never ends.

Greazzer
09-23-2011, 06:20 AM #7

Hey,

THANKS for the pictures. Those slight rips want to make me cry right now. ... LOL. I will keep searching, however. PLUS, mine is 6 pleats and yours is 5 pleats. They changed style in the 80's or so. It never ends.

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

09-23-2011, 10:58 AM #8
Yeah, I went about three different shades of red I was so pissed off when I pulled off the seat covers again. Hope you find a good set!

Biohazard
09-23-2011, 10:58 AM #8

Yeah, I went about three different shades of red I was so pissed off when I pulled off the seat covers again. Hope you find a good set!

Raptelan
K26-2

10-20-2011, 04:00 PM #9
The climate controls can be swapped over assuming you're willing to change out a lot more than just the controls. I'd like to take such a project on but do not know the details of what all is needed. If you could find out and remove them all for me, I'd be interested in the full kit.

If all the seat belts are rust-free, I'd like all of those (including the latches, because my year has a different style which I don't like as much as this kind, plus the back ones are rusted).

I need a steering wheel if there's no loose rubber and no cracks. I need a dome light if it's the smaller design one with 3 connectors rather than the larger one with 4. I'd like any exterior window wipes if they're not cracked or otherwise damaged. Likewise for door and windshield seals. I'd like a passenger-side corner light. I'd like any dash wood that doesn't have any cracks except for the center piece.

Let me know what you've got available and how much you're asking...
This post was last modified: 10-20-2011, 04:00 PM by Raptelan.
Raptelan
10-20-2011, 04:00 PM #9

The climate controls can be swapped over assuming you're willing to change out a lot more than just the controls. I'd like to take such a project on but do not know the details of what all is needed. If you could find out and remove them all for me, I'd be interested in the full kit.

If all the seat belts are rust-free, I'd like all of those (including the latches, because my year has a different style which I don't like as much as this kind, plus the back ones are rusted).

I need a steering wheel if there's no loose rubber and no cracks. I need a dome light if it's the smaller design one with 3 connectors rather than the larger one with 4. I'd like any exterior window wipes if they're not cracked or otherwise damaged. Likewise for door and windshield seals. I'd like a passenger-side corner light. I'd like any dash wood that doesn't have any cracks except for the center piece.

Let me know what you've got available and how much you're asking...

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

10-26-2011, 01:32 AM #10
(10-20-2011, 04:00 PM)Raptelan The climate controls can be swapped over assuming you're willing to change out a lot more than just the controls. I'd like to take such a project on but do not know the details of what all is needed. If you could find out and remove them all for me, I'd be interested in the full kit.

see my post (#36) over on PeachParts about this...
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/dies...123-3.html

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
10-26-2011, 01:32 AM #10

(10-20-2011, 04:00 PM)Raptelan The climate controls can be swapped over assuming you're willing to change out a lot more than just the controls. I'd like to take such a project on but do not know the details of what all is needed. If you could find out and remove them all for me, I'd be interested in the full kit.

see my post (#36) over on PeachParts about this...
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/dies...123-3.html

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

10-26-2011, 03:14 PM #11
Hey Reptalen, sorry for the delay. I've been out of town again. I'll check those when I get home and see what I have and in what condition.

Biohazard
10-26-2011, 03:14 PM #11

Hey Reptalen, sorry for the delay. I've been out of town again. I'll check those when I get home and see what I have and in what condition.

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

11-01-2011, 08:21 PM #12
Sent you an email, Reptelan. I forgot about the dome light and corner light though. The dome light is in good shape, its the three pin type. The right front corner light has light cracking in it, but no holes. I'll through in the dome light and corner light, same price as in the email. Smile

Biohazard
11-01-2011, 08:21 PM #12

Sent you an email, Reptelan. I forgot about the dome light and corner light though. The dome light is in good shape, its the three pin type. The right front corner light has light cracking in it, but no holes. I'll through in the dome light and corner light, same price as in the email. Smile

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average