STD Tuning Engine BMW help

BMW help

BMW help

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Palmer
GTA2056V

09-18-2011, 10:42 AM #1
As some of you know im currently looking for a om605 powered merc to use as a daily / little project. However finding a nice one with a manual trans is a tad on the hard side.

So it got me thinking what about the BMW 525TDS?

Has anyone had any experience with these? Would it be the same route as the merc?

i.e

Large FMIC
Bigger Turbo
Clutch Upgrade
Pump mods

Im presuming they are also a pretty strong block?

Cant seem to find any info on the web! But i know its possible because of the Vid of a 325TD in the non MBZ diesel section Big Grin

Cheers peeps.
Palmer
09-18-2011, 10:42 AM #1

As some of you know im currently looking for a om605 powered merc to use as a daily / little project. However finding a nice one with a manual trans is a tad on the hard side.

So it got me thinking what about the BMW 525TDS?

Has anyone had any experience with these? Would it be the same route as the merc?

i.e

Large FMIC
Bigger Turbo
Clutch Upgrade
Pump mods

Im presuming they are also a pretty strong block?

Cant seem to find any info on the web! But i know its possible because of the Vid of a 325TD in the non MBZ diesel section Big Grin

Cheers peeps.

dcm
TA 0301

09-18-2011, 10:56 AM #2
Have a look at on the tdoc forum, there's a few on there with a modified M51 engine. Don't think they can take as much as the om60x's engines. There was a black c250td manual on eBay a few weeks back, not sure if it sold.
dcm
09-18-2011, 10:56 AM #2

Have a look at on the tdoc forum, there's a few on there with a modified M51 engine. Don't think they can take as much as the om60x's engines. There was a black c250td manual on eBay a few weeks back, not sure if it sold.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average