STD Maintenance General OM603 Cylinder head

OM603 Cylinder head

OM603 Cylinder head

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jambo
GTA2056V

09-15-2011, 02:52 AM #1
Hi All,
I had a weird experience the other day. After I got out I noticed a lot of water coming out of the overflow pipe of the water resevoir.
The vehicle did not overheat and temerature was constantly at about 85deg C.
I have topped up the water again and will monitor the level. I have also ordered a new cap which I still need to get and install.

Any idea of what could be wrong? I have a suspicion that there could be a cracked head, which only becomes obvious if driving at higher rpm.

Any thoughts?
Tx.
Jambo
09-15-2011, 02:52 AM #1

Hi All,
I had a weird experience the other day. After I got out I noticed a lot of water coming out of the overflow pipe of the water resevoir.
The vehicle did not overheat and temerature was constantly at about 85deg C.
I have topped up the water again and will monitor the level. I have also ordered a new cap which I still need to get and install.

Any idea of what could be wrong? I have a suspicion that there could be a cracked head, which only becomes obvious if driving at higher rpm.

Any thoughts?
Tx.

Jambo
GTA2056V

09-16-2011, 05:35 AM #2
OK, drove it about 120km keeping rpm below 4000 as much as possible and so far no water lost.
Replaced radiator cap and will drive at higher rpm today to see if water boils out again.
Will keep you posted.
Jambo
09-16-2011, 05:35 AM #2

OK, drove it about 120km keeping rpm below 4000 as much as possible and so far no water lost.
Replaced radiator cap and will drive at higher rpm today to see if water boils out again.
Will keep you posted.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average