STD Tuning Engine 606 eIP questions

606 eIP questions

606 eIP questions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Geezer
Naturally-aspirated

09-14-2011, 07:44 PM #1

I've been lurking and researching for quite a while, thanks for the great forum, and I think as far as my plans/needs are concerned I have a few quick questions which I haven't found direct answers to.

1) since I have a 99 with electric governed IP, do I only need larger elements installed and set to idle well? Everything else to max it out(map,rpm,and rack) will be programmed into the ECU?

2) are their any other cheaper options for elements besides the Floyds 7.5 and Holleys? $415ish +shipping is a little rich considering I'd still need them installed($500-700)and a custom program($300ish)

3)I have a 603 pump, but I'm guessing it's not an option in my very electrically controlled 99?

Thanks
Samson
Geezer
09-14-2011, 07:44 PM #1

I've been lurking and researching for quite a while, thanks for the great forum, and I think as far as my plans/needs are concerned I have a few quick questions which I haven't found direct answers to.

1) since I have a 99 with electric governed IP, do I only need larger elements installed and set to idle well? Everything else to max it out(map,rpm,and rack) will be programmed into the ECU?

2) are their any other cheaper options for elements besides the Floyds 7.5 and Holleys? $415ish +shipping is a little rich considering I'd still need them installed($500-700)and a custom program($300ish)

3)I have a 603 pump, but I'm guessing it's not an option in my very electrically controlled 99?

Thanks
Samson

tomnik
Holset

09-15-2011, 12:17 AM #2
Hi,

a cheaper option is to take Chinese crap elements and do the swap at home.
There is one set of 7mm Italian elements already in the US available.
45 EUR/piece and ground shipping.

Tom
tomnik
09-15-2011, 12:17 AM #2

Hi,

a cheaper option is to take Chinese crap elements and do the swap at home.
There is one set of 7mm Italian elements already in the US available.
45 EUR/piece and ground shipping.

Tom

Volker407
naturally aspirated

09-17-2011, 05:14 AM #3
You will always have the costs for programming and installing no matter which elements you take. (~1000$)

But you will be mad at yourself if you find out that the cheap elements have bad idle or something like that.

So I say those few dollars more for qualitiy elements are worth it. Cheap elements also don´t come for free.

Gruß
Volker
Volker407
09-17-2011, 05:14 AM #3

You will always have the costs for programming and installing no matter which elements you take. (~1000$)

But you will be mad at yourself if you find out that the cheap elements have bad idle or something like that.

So I say those few dollars more for qualitiy elements are worth it. Cheap elements also don´t come for free.

Gruß
Volker

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average