STD Tuning Engine My 1987 300TDT

My 1987 300TDT

My 1987 300TDT

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-02-2011, 10:29 AM #1
Last-night I installed the professionally rebuild Injectors with Monark Nozzles.

I discovered this was not the first time the injectors were removed; you might ask how can you tell? 7 heat-shields from a 6cyl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ZOfF3s3Fk
The car seems to pull better on the top end.

As far as the VNT turbo project it is on a small hold while I am having the C32's heads (spare set) port and polished. NeedsWings is also "tweaking" the intake's.

I promised to post what I had cut on the waterjet thusfar a while ago so enjoy:

Don
racerxoffl
09-02-2011, 10:29 AM #1

Last-night I installed the professionally rebuild Injectors with Monark Nozzles.

I discovered this was not the first time the injectors were removed; you might ask how can you tell? 7 heat-shields from a 6cyl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ZOfF3s3Fk
The car seems to pull better on the top end.

As far as the VNT turbo project it is on a small hold while I am having the C32's heads (spare set) port and polished. NeedsWings is also "tweaking" the intake's.

I promised to post what I had cut on the waterjet thusfar a while ago so enjoy:

Don

winmutt
bitbanger

09-02-2011, 10:44 AM #2
Which VNT are you going to use? 2359V?

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
09-02-2011, 10:44 AM #2

Which VNT are you going to use? 2359V?

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-02-2011, 10:49 AM #3
Yes, sorry I wasn't clear on that...

Either from Nerings who has never responded to any US request:
[Image: f121.jpg]

Or another seller who actually responds to messages and will ship to the US with no core.
[Image: titel_neu.jpg]
http://cgi.ebay.com/150453123745

Has anyone here bought from one of them?

Oh, and I cut two of the GT23 flanges in case I screw up the merge. I also purchased 7 mandrel U 's in 1.75" from my local supplier who also outsourced the water-jetting: http://racepartssolutions.com/proddetail.asp?prod=180MS

Thanks
This post was last modified: 09-02-2011, 10:56 AM by racerxoffl.
racerxoffl
09-02-2011, 10:49 AM #3

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear on that...

Either from Nerings who has never responded to any US request:
[Image: f121.jpg]

Or another seller who actually responds to messages and will ship to the US with no core.
[Image: titel_neu.jpg]
http://cgi.ebay.com/150453123745

Has anyone here bought from one of them?

Oh, and I cut two of the GT23 flanges in case I screw up the merge. I also purchased 7 mandrel U 's in 1.75" from my local supplier who also outsourced the water-jetting: http://racepartssolutions.com/proddetail.asp?prod=180MS

Thanks

tomnik
Holset

09-02-2011, 11:45 PM #4
Oh,

this guy (EPS) is in my town!
I contacted him some weeks ago asking if he can do some non stock combination of turbo parts on the occasion of a rebuilt.
No way, he only sells the same turbo rebuilt as you give to him.
He is on the mainstream of spare turbos, no tuning.

Tom
tomnik
09-02-2011, 11:45 PM #4

Oh,

this guy (EPS) is in my town!
I contacted him some weeks ago asking if he can do some non stock combination of turbo parts on the occasion of a rebuilt.
No way, he only sells the same turbo rebuilt as you give to him.
He is on the mainstream of spare turbos, no tuning.

Tom

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-02-2011, 11:55 PM #5
Well I am looking for mainstream, but I have no turbo to send in :p

For hybrids I use http://www.miketurboinc.com/ If anyone needs their work I am about an hours drive, work takes me that way often.
racerxoffl
09-02-2011, 11:55 PM #5

Well I am looking for mainstream, but I have no turbo to send in :p

For hybrids I use http://www.miketurboinc.com/ If anyone needs their work I am about an hours drive, work takes me that way often.

jonbobshinigin
Holset

09-03-2011, 11:41 PM #6
Where are you at in Florida? I'm in Ocala and also have a 300TDT with lots of plans :-)

1987 300TDT - 260,000 Miles
>>275HP OM603 Project Profile here<<

jonbobshinigin
09-03-2011, 11:41 PM #6

Where are you at in Florida? I'm in Ocala and also have a 300TDT with lots of plans :-)

1987 300TDT - 260,000 Miles
>>275HP OM603 Project Profile here<<

racerxoffl
K26-2

09-04-2011, 06:45 AM #7
(09-03-2011, 11:41 PM)jonbobshinigin Where are you at in Florida? I'm in Ocala

I just tell people West Palm, but I am in a smaller town just south of there.
I used to goto Ocala for weeks at a time, we had a selection of off road toys we would drag up there from Davie. Once we moved to suburbia I kept getting in trouble for riding my dirt bike out of the neighborhood so my parents sold it leaving me the quads that were useless here. My last dirt toy, my street legal "1962" bug turned sand-rail with title and all was an eyesore to some asshole neighbor in my home I purchased back in 2002 so after a spat with code enforcement I sold it.
(09-03-2011, 11:41 PM)jonbobshinigin I also have a 300TDT with lots of plans :-)

See I have no plans, I just DO. I already picked a spare motor form the local pull and pay. That motor is my core donor so far its injector bodies were used for the monarks, the intake is in my back seat ready to have an aluminum inlet welded on for use with a FMIC, the IP is getting rebuilt locally with 6mm elements from a om606 pump I also purchased.

As you can see I am having this manifold fabbed up, I would like a blown servo/stepper turbo I can take apart and reclock for my fabrication process and also use it as a core towards the EPS one cited above.

tomnik: do you think he would let me do that? they are the "same" turbo just no electric actuator, yes I could convert it like he who shall not be named had for sale (banned) but as those cars are so old, and if the vnt controller is shot how long till it needs a rebuild. I just dont want any problems with the turbo.

Back to mods, I have installed 94 E420 rears, the fronts too are floating around in the back waiting on me to cough up LCA money. Being I have to change the LCA's I am going to install the H&R drop springs, and Bilstein HD struts. I will also be replacing my wheel bearings while I have it all apart.

Oh, I think I should edit the first post. I never explained WHY I took on this "project" or how I sourced it. I'll do that later, its a good story.
This post was last modified: 09-04-2011, 06:58 AM by racerxoffl.
racerxoffl
09-04-2011, 06:45 AM #7

(09-03-2011, 11:41 PM)jonbobshinigin Where are you at in Florida? I'm in Ocala

I just tell people West Palm, but I am in a smaller town just south of there.
I used to goto Ocala for weeks at a time, we had a selection of off road toys we would drag up there from Davie. Once we moved to suburbia I kept getting in trouble for riding my dirt bike out of the neighborhood so my parents sold it leaving me the quads that were useless here. My last dirt toy, my street legal "1962" bug turned sand-rail with title and all was an eyesore to some asshole neighbor in my home I purchased back in 2002 so after a spat with code enforcement I sold it.
(09-03-2011, 11:41 PM)jonbobshinigin I also have a 300TDT with lots of plans :-)

See I have no plans, I just DO. I already picked a spare motor form the local pull and pay. That motor is my core donor so far its injector bodies were used for the monarks, the intake is in my back seat ready to have an aluminum inlet welded on for use with a FMIC, the IP is getting rebuilt locally with 6mm elements from a om606 pump I also purchased.

As you can see I am having this manifold fabbed up, I would like a blown servo/stepper turbo I can take apart and reclock for my fabrication process and also use it as a core towards the EPS one cited above.

tomnik: do you think he would let me do that? they are the "same" turbo just no electric actuator, yes I could convert it like he who shall not be named had for sale (banned) but as those cars are so old, and if the vnt controller is shot how long till it needs a rebuild. I just dont want any problems with the turbo.

Back to mods, I have installed 94 E420 rears, the fronts too are floating around in the back waiting on me to cough up LCA money. Being I have to change the LCA's I am going to install the H&R drop springs, and Bilstein HD struts. I will also be replacing my wheel bearings while I have it all apart.

Oh, I think I should edit the first post. I never explained WHY I took on this "project" or how I sourced it. I'll do that later, its a good story.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average