STD Tuning Engine Mercedes G OM617 STT with AAZ Inj. and much more

Mercedes G OM617 STT with AAZ Inj. and much more

Mercedes G OM617 STT with AAZ Inj. and much more

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nico
Unregistered

03-16-2009, 04:20 AM #1
Hey Folks!

as you can see my name is Nico, i live in Germany, and i´m reading in this board for a long time , and now i think its time to say Hello.
I am Master of Mechanic and work on Trucks and Cars, also i write for some Tuning and Offroad Magazines here in Germany and in the near Future also for the first international G-Wagen Magazine.
I drive 1986 Mercedes 300 GD with OM617, that was equiped with a STT Turbo Kit by Brabus in 1987. The Complete Kit including Pump, Exhaust, Air-Air Intercooler, Turbo, Intake, and Brabus build Piston Cooling. It runs very fine, but the last owner was not so much into Engine Technics and the Services where not as they supossed to be. After the first half year that i owned the Car the Power was back, i repaired almost everything thats got to do with the Turbo an injection, and the results on the Dyno where 147 Hp. The Problem was that i only got Power above 3000, and Turbo Presure starts over 2000. Peak is 1,4 Bar (20,3 Psi) @3300. Now i instaled a set of AAZ Injectors with DN0SD265 Nozzels set to 135 Bar, and you know the Results. It runs much smoother, but i miss the torque between 1000 and 2500 rpm. It goes much higher than before, 4400 is no Problem, and it sounds half as bad as with the Stock injectors. But i only use the Lower Rpms, so thats nothing for me.
Now i am thinking about a Om603a, it delivers more Torque and HP, and fits perfect in my G-Wagon. And i will install a Water to Air Intercooler, because it is better at the low speeds that i drive, off the road. So if somebody is intrested in 5 AAZ Injectos, complete and in perfect Condition, i´m flying to Houston this Thursday and can bring them with me and send them to the new owner.
So thats all from me for the first time, please excuse my englsh, and i hope i can help somebody sometimes here.
Greetings from Germany
Nico
Nico
03-16-2009, 04:20 AM #1

Hey Folks!

as you can see my name is Nico, i live in Germany, and i´m reading in this board for a long time , and now i think its time to say Hello.
I am Master of Mechanic and work on Trucks and Cars, also i write for some Tuning and Offroad Magazines here in Germany and in the near Future also for the first international G-Wagen Magazine.
I drive 1986 Mercedes 300 GD with OM617, that was equiped with a STT Turbo Kit by Brabus in 1987. The Complete Kit including Pump, Exhaust, Air-Air Intercooler, Turbo, Intake, and Brabus build Piston Cooling. It runs very fine, but the last owner was not so much into Engine Technics and the Services where not as they supossed to be. After the first half year that i owned the Car the Power was back, i repaired almost everything thats got to do with the Turbo an injection, and the results on the Dyno where 147 Hp. The Problem was that i only got Power above 3000, and Turbo Presure starts over 2000. Peak is 1,4 Bar (20,3 Psi) @3300. Now i instaled a set of AAZ Injectors with DN0SD265 Nozzels set to 135 Bar, and you know the Results. It runs much smoother, but i miss the torque between 1000 and 2500 rpm. It goes much higher than before, 4400 is no Problem, and it sounds half as bad as with the Stock injectors. But i only use the Lower Rpms, so thats nothing for me.
Now i am thinking about a Om603a, it delivers more Torque and HP, and fits perfect in my G-Wagon. And i will install a Water to Air Intercooler, because it is better at the low speeds that i drive, off the road. So if somebody is intrested in 5 AAZ Injectos, complete and in perfect Condition, i´m flying to Houston this Thursday and can bring them with me and send them to the new owner.
So thats all from me for the first time, please excuse my englsh, and i hope i can help somebody sometimes here.
Greetings from Germany
Nico

ForcedInduction
Banned

03-16-2009, 04:30 AM #2
Welcome to the forum!

You run 1.4bar boost for only 147hp? You shouldn't need more than 1 bar for that.

Since you run at low RPM you should really consider a VNT turbo. Living in Germany you have a far better turbo selection than we do in the states. Look at the "Dyno results" thread; I can make 7psi of boost and twice the torque at 2000rpm compared to the normal turbo.

A GT2056V or GT2256V would meet your low RPM torque needs very well. Big Grin
This post was last modified: 03-16-2009, 04:33 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
03-16-2009, 04:30 AM #2

Welcome to the forum!

You run 1.4bar boost for only 147hp? You shouldn't need more than 1 bar for that.

Since you run at low RPM you should really consider a VNT turbo. Living in Germany you have a far better turbo selection than we do in the states. Look at the "Dyno results" thread; I can make 7psi of boost and twice the torque at 2000rpm compared to the normal turbo.

A GT2056V or GT2256V would meet your low RPM torque needs very well. Big Grin

tomnik
Holset

03-16-2009, 10:03 AM #3
Welcome also from my side.

the IP is a turbo one?
Originally the STT kit just reset the n/a IP, added a fuel limiter depending on boost separately.
135 bar is a bit low for pop pressure. I currently run 175 bar on AAZ injectors, but in a 617a.
Did you do a dyno run?
Which part of Germany are you from?

Greets

Tom (aus Karlsruhe)
tomnik
03-16-2009, 10:03 AM #3

Welcome also from my side.

the IP is a turbo one?
Originally the STT kit just reset the n/a IP, added a fuel limiter depending on boost separately.
135 bar is a bit low for pop pressure. I currently run 175 bar on AAZ injectors, but in a 617a.
Did you do a dyno run?
Which part of Germany are you from?

Greets

Tom (aus Karlsruhe)

Nico
Unregistered

03-16-2009, 10:53 AM #4
Hello and Thanks!

I Know that this is not that what it should be. On my last Car, a C220 CDI Sportcoupe (Short Version of the C-Class, not sold in US, sorry..) i had 1,7 bar @ 2200 and 211 Hp.
I have the Problem of big Tires, so my milage is not better than max 15mpg. 33x12,5R15 Toyo M/T´s, lots of stuff in the Car (Complete Expedition-Ready), Winch, and so on, so i got 2,7 Tons of weight to move.
A VNT Turbo is on my Wischlist, but even in Germany its hard to find. Every old CDI engine that comes out of a Crash car or something like that goes straight to Africa, no Chance to find a good cheap one. And even in my own Truck Repair shop i don´t have them very often. The Exhaust is not the Problem, there is no Exhaust.. Everything i got is a 70mm Pipe all the way back, ending in front of the left rear tire.
I think for me the AAZ injektors are not the way to go, a Mynä pump would be better i think. But the next thing is if the engine is worth the invest, almost 400k Kiometers (248k miles) is very much.
I´ll change the AAZ injectors definitly today, just tested the Stock ones and they are still in perfekt Condition.
If someones is intrested, make a offer.
Later this Day i´m gonna post a Pic of my Car, or if you want go to youtube and search for "Hella Rallye 3003 Offroad Test" , the green one is mine. Just having a bit fun with some Friends.

Edit:
Tom: No the IP is a non Turbo one, just with the Fuel Limiter sitting a side. But i deleted this, so it gets as much fuel as it needs. With the Stock injectors it smoke a bit, with the AAZ not very much. The thing is the low Pop Presure on stage 1 is good for much fuel, and it runs very cool. Oil Temp dont go over 90°, Exhaust Temp behind Turbo maximum 450°. To cool.. 175 Bar is not so much fuel, do you set it to stage 1 or 2? for the short first pop 135 is ok i think. I come from Dortmund!
This post was last modified: 03-16-2009, 11:00 AM by Nico.
Nico
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM #4

Hello and Thanks!

I Know that this is not that what it should be. On my last Car, a C220 CDI Sportcoupe (Short Version of the C-Class, not sold in US, sorry..) i had 1,7 bar @ 2200 and 211 Hp.
I have the Problem of big Tires, so my milage is not better than max 15mpg. 33x12,5R15 Toyo M/T´s, lots of stuff in the Car (Complete Expedition-Ready), Winch, and so on, so i got 2,7 Tons of weight to move.
A VNT Turbo is on my Wischlist, but even in Germany its hard to find. Every old CDI engine that comes out of a Crash car or something like that goes straight to Africa, no Chance to find a good cheap one. And even in my own Truck Repair shop i don´t have them very often. The Exhaust is not the Problem, there is no Exhaust.. Everything i got is a 70mm Pipe all the way back, ending in front of the left rear tire.
I think for me the AAZ injektors are not the way to go, a Mynä pump would be better i think. But the next thing is if the engine is worth the invest, almost 400k Kiometers (248k miles) is very much.
I´ll change the AAZ injectors definitly today, just tested the Stock ones and they are still in perfekt Condition.
If someones is intrested, make a offer.
Later this Day i´m gonna post a Pic of my Car, or if you want go to youtube and search for "Hella Rallye 3003 Offroad Test" , the green one is mine. Just having a bit fun with some Friends.

Edit:
Tom: No the IP is a non Turbo one, just with the Fuel Limiter sitting a side. But i deleted this, so it gets as much fuel as it needs. With the Stock injectors it smoke a bit, with the AAZ not very much. The thing is the low Pop Presure on stage 1 is good for much fuel, and it runs very cool. Oil Temp dont go over 90°, Exhaust Temp behind Turbo maximum 450°. To cool.. 175 Bar is not so much fuel, do you set it to stage 1 or 2? for the short first pop 135 is ok i think. I come from Dortmund!

tomnik
Holset

03-16-2009, 11:51 AM #5
Nico,

you should try a turbo IP to see what output you get without too much smoke.
Light gains could be achieved using different delivery valves on your current M-pump.
I am wondering what will be the output when you try my 6mm MW-Turbo IP.
147 HP with your current set-up?
What mods did BRABUS do to the engine for performance besides the STT kit?
AAZ injectors: No idea how the shop set the stages, I just told them to raise stage 2 to 175 bar and follow with the first stage accordingly.
How did you adjust your timing?
Did you ever verify your IP settings for the STT kit?

Tom
tomnik
03-16-2009, 11:51 AM #5

Nico,

you should try a turbo IP to see what output you get without too much smoke.
Light gains could be achieved using different delivery valves on your current M-pump.
I am wondering what will be the output when you try my 6mm MW-Turbo IP.
147 HP with your current set-up?
What mods did BRABUS do to the engine for performance besides the STT kit?
AAZ injectors: No idea how the shop set the stages, I just told them to raise stage 2 to 175 bar and follow with the first stage accordingly.
How did you adjust your timing?
Did you ever verify your IP settings for the STT kit?

Tom

ForcedInduction
Banned

03-16-2009, 11:58 PM #6
You two need to meet in person and post some pictures of your work. Big Grin
Tom's 6mm pump should make some nice power.
ForcedInduction
03-16-2009, 11:58 PM #6

You two need to meet in person and post some pictures of your work. Big Grin
Tom's 6mm pump should make some nice power.

winmutt
bitbanger

03-17-2009, 10:14 AM #7
Can you take pictures of the STT setup/engine bay? LOTS of pictures?

Fielen Danke.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
03-17-2009, 10:14 AM #7

Can you take pictures of the STT setup/engine bay? LOTS of pictures?

Fielen Danke.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average