STD Tuning Engine so what is ken bergsma's big performance "secret"?

so what is ken bergsma's big performance "secret"?

so what is ken bergsma's big performance "secret"?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

randomdude
GT2256V

06-28-2011, 06:47 PM #1
when you buy his $260 diesel super tune up kit he includes instructions for, and i quote from his website, "instructions on the one key adjustment you can make that almost always increases power during acceleration from a stop. This has proven to almost be a miracle power cure for most older turbo diesels."

what can be such a "miracle" that we arent already doing?

i think im going to order the kit for the monarch nozzles, i want the injectors rebuilt anywho. any input on the kit?

http://www.mercedessource.com/node/4878

thanks in advance!

cars? what cars? WHERE???
randomdude
06-28-2011, 06:47 PM #1

when you buy his $260 diesel super tune up kit he includes instructions for, and i quote from his website, "instructions on the one key adjustment you can make that almost always increases power during acceleration from a stop. This has proven to almost be a miracle power cure for most older turbo diesels."

what can be such a "miracle" that we arent already doing?

i think im going to order the kit for the monarch nozzles, i want the injectors rebuilt anywho. any input on the kit?

http://www.mercedessource.com/node/4878

thanks in advance!

aaa
GT2256V

06-28-2011, 07:08 PM #2
Probably ALDA. It's not something we weren't already doing. You can hold back your curiosity! Save your $20!

As for rebuilding, it's a bit of a chore balancing and sealing them yourself. Although apparently that kit's guidebook probably skips on the balancing part. Hmm, no sandpaper...
aaa
06-28-2011, 07:08 PM #2

Probably ALDA. It's not something we weren't already doing. You can hold back your curiosity! Save your $20!

As for rebuilding, it's a bit of a chore balancing and sealing them yourself. Although apparently that kit's guidebook probably skips on the balancing part. Hmm, no sandpaper...

randomdude
GT2256V

06-28-2011, 10:59 PM #3
sandpaper?

is it really SUPER important to balance them if i just rebuild them and install the new nozzles?

i figured it was alda LOLOL

randomdude
06-28-2011, 10:59 PM #3

sandpaper?

is it really SUPER important to balance them if i just rebuild them and install the new nozzles?

Syncro_G
0-60 in 29 sec

06-29-2011, 01:34 AM #4
(06-28-2011, 10:59 PM)randomdude sandpaper?

Yes but maybe not SUPER. If the nozzles are not balanced, you'll end up with different amounts of fuel in each cylinder. It may not be serious but it will make it idle a bit rough and you'll have a harder time getting the engine tuned optimally.

I balanced my own and managed to get all of the nozzles set to within 25 psi of each other. Along with a carefull cam adjustment, the idle was really smooth after that.

-------------
'84 G-Wagen turbodiesel
'75 240D 4-Speed

Syncro_G
06-29-2011, 01:34 AM #4

(06-28-2011, 10:59 PM)randomdude sandpaper?

Yes but maybe not SUPER. If the nozzles are not balanced, you'll end up with different amounts of fuel in each cylinder. It may not be serious but it will make it idle a bit rough and you'll have a harder time getting the engine tuned optimally.

I balanced my own and managed to get all of the nozzles set to within 25 psi of each other. Along with a carefull cam adjustment, the idle was really smooth after that.

-------------
'84 G-Wagen turbodiesel
'75 240D 4-Speed

aaa
GT2256V

06-29-2011, 04:14 AM #5
If the injector starts leaking afterwards, you use sandpaper to lap the two halves flat so they seal better.
aaa
06-29-2011, 04:14 AM #5

If the injector starts leaking afterwards, you use sandpaper to lap the two halves flat so they seal better.

winmutt
bitbanger

07-01-2011, 04:22 PM #6
Where is Lance when you need him. Selling an ultimate performance kit but ignoring the fact that the injectors need to be balanced. Really? Almost certainly the ALDA.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
07-01-2011, 04:22 PM #6

Where is Lance when you need him. Selling an ultimate performance kit but ignoring the fact that the injectors need to be balanced. Really? Almost certainly the ALDA.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

randomdude
GT2256V

07-01-2011, 07:02 PM #7
(07-01-2011, 04:22 PM)winmutt Where is Lance when you need him. Selling an ultimate performance kit but ignoring the fact that the injectors need to be balanced. Really?

my thoughts! i emailed him asking about it, because his standard monarch rebuild kit has the balancer, but no reply yet.

randomdude
07-01-2011, 07:02 PM #7

(07-01-2011, 04:22 PM)winmutt Where is Lance when you need him. Selling an ultimate performance kit but ignoring the fact that the injectors need to be balanced. Really?

my thoughts! i emailed him asking about it, because his standard monarch rebuild kit has the balancer, but no reply yet.

JTY
GTA2056V

07-03-2011, 04:54 AM #8
Nice KIT! Tongue

- MB w126 300SD Superturbo (US) -83, Mods: OM617A with custom head work, Master Power Turbo 802332, PP-Diesel custom 7mm IP, China intercooler, KKD-Motorsport exhaust manifold, DIY intake manifold, Coolmist Waterinjection, DIY Supermeter display/datalog with PLX Wideband Lambda, Siekkinen custom 722.3 autotrans, Elbe Performance LSD, Green Filter cold air intake, straight 3" exhaust with two dual 2.5" outputs
- MB r129 500SL AMG (JDM) -94
Full AMG bodykit, full JDM features, modified ECU and exhaust
- MB w123 250E-TT (JDM) -85
Full 1JZ-GTE twinturbo conversion, full aircon, custom china cooler, custom IC-pipes, custom sport recaro interior, custom 3-piece JDM rims
JTY
07-03-2011, 04:54 AM #8

Nice KIT! Tongue

- MB w126 300SD Superturbo (US) -83, Mods: OM617A with custom head work, Master Power Turbo 802332, PP-Diesel custom 7mm IP, China intercooler, KKD-Motorsport exhaust manifold, DIY intake manifold, Coolmist Waterinjection, DIY Supermeter display/datalog with PLX Wideband Lambda, Siekkinen custom 722.3 autotrans, Elbe Performance LSD, Green Filter cold air intake, straight 3" exhaust with two dual 2.5" outputs
- MB r129 500SL AMG (JDM) -94
Full AMG bodykit, full JDM features, modified ECU and exhaust
- MB w123 250E-TT (JDM) -85
Full 1JZ-GTE twinturbo conversion, full aircon, custom china cooler, custom IC-pipes, custom sport recaro interior, custom 3-piece JDM rims

Imaginos
In disguise

07-03-2011, 05:16 PM #9
(07-01-2011, 04:22 PM)winmutt Where is Lance when you need him. Selling an ultimate performance kit but ignoring the fact that the injectors need to be balanced. Really? Almost certainly the ALDA.

Exactly. Injector nozzles are changed every 100-150k miles, why would one not balance them, or even think about not balancing, is beyond me...
Imaginos
07-03-2011, 05:16 PM #9

(07-01-2011, 04:22 PM)winmutt Where is Lance when you need him. Selling an ultimate performance kit but ignoring the fact that the injectors need to be balanced. Really? Almost certainly the ALDA.

Exactly. Injector nozzles are changed every 100-150k miles, why would one not balance them, or even think about not balancing, is beyond me...

12-02-2012, 10:58 PM #10
When I called Monark back when, they directed me back to Kent Bergsma as their "North American distributor" I have injectors rebuilt by Kent. Kaia confirmed he laps them all. I didnt find out about the balancing, tho I'm sure I can find out... They work better than what I took out of the car I imagine. On the hunt recently for Bosios I spoke with the fella who rebuilds the injectors over at www.KermaTDI.com Very knowledgeable. He said that because our nozzles are an old design alot of companies dont make them in house anymore. We all know about India made Bosch injectors...he said the same goes for Monarks. Often they're are NOT made in Germany and are often a "$7 nozzle" the Bosios are all "made in house in Italy" and he affirmed they're more performance orientated. He also stated that he has the Bosio shim kit and balances the sets to within ONE BAR. Thats pretty tight Smile He gets $20 for the nozzle and $25 to do all the work....INCLUDING...the big thing Bergsma skimped on...coating the exterior of the injector halves to prevent rust!!! not bad $ I felt, I know where my next set is coming from Smile

-1982 300SD, found out she has an '85 Engine, unknown mileage, redoing the top end and chain, head has been ported and polished, non EGR manifolds / non ARV turbo
-1982 300D, too many issues to list.
-Alt Fuel Buff
-Founder www.SWFLBenzCLub.com
SpecialDelivery
12-02-2012, 10:58 PM #10

When I called Monark back when, they directed me back to Kent Bergsma as their "North American distributor" I have injectors rebuilt by Kent. Kaia confirmed he laps them all. I didnt find out about the balancing, tho I'm sure I can find out... They work better than what I took out of the car I imagine. On the hunt recently for Bosios I spoke with the fella who rebuilds the injectors over at www.KermaTDI.com Very knowledgeable. He said that because our nozzles are an old design alot of companies dont make them in house anymore. We all know about India made Bosch injectors...he said the same goes for Monarks. Often they're are NOT made in Germany and are often a "$7 nozzle" the Bosios are all "made in house in Italy" and he affirmed they're more performance orientated. He also stated that he has the Bosio shim kit and balances the sets to within ONE BAR. Thats pretty tight Smile He gets $20 for the nozzle and $25 to do all the work....INCLUDING...the big thing Bergsma skimped on...coating the exterior of the injector halves to prevent rust!!! not bad $ I felt, I know where my next set is coming from Smile

-1982 300SD, found out she has an '85 Engine, unknown mileage, redoing the top end and chain, head has been ported and polished, non EGR manifolds / non ARV turbo
-Alt Fuel Buff

Chuckler3
K26-2

12-02-2012, 11:08 PM #11
(12-02-2012, 10:58 PM)SpecialDelivery When I called Monark back when, they directed me back to Kent Bergsma as their "North American distributor" I have injectors rebuilt by Kent. Kaia confirmed he laps them all. I didnt find out about the balancing, tho I'm sure I can find out... They work better than what I took out of the car I imagine. On the hunt recently for Bosios I spoke with the fella who rebuilds the injectors over at www.KermaTDI.com Very knowledgeable. He said that because our nozzles are an old design alot of companies dont make them in house anymore. We all know about India made Bosch injectors...he said the same goes for Monarks. Often they're are NOT made in Germany and are often a "$7 nozzle" the Bosios are all "made in house in Italy" and he affirmed they're more performance orientated. He also stated that he has the Bosio shim kit and balances the sets to within ONE BAR. Thats pretty tight Smile He gets $20 for the nozzle and $25 to do all the work....INCLUDING...the big thing Bergsma skimped on...coating the exterior of the injector halves to prevent rust!!! not bad $ I felt, I know where my next set is coming from Smile

So the bosio injectors sold at kerma are the ones to go after if I were looking to rebuild mine? I'm not sure when mine were worked on last or if at all.

What do you mean he get's $20 to do all the work? Does that mean the nozzles that they sell on their site are ready to be installed with minimal work on my part or that he takes your current injectors and does the install?

I apologize if this is obvious, but I spent too many hours under the car today with little sleep the night prior.

1982 300SD.. owner since 3 Nov 2012...
Chuckler3
12-02-2012, 11:08 PM #11

(12-02-2012, 10:58 PM)SpecialDelivery When I called Monark back when, they directed me back to Kent Bergsma as their "North American distributor" I have injectors rebuilt by Kent. Kaia confirmed he laps them all. I didnt find out about the balancing, tho I'm sure I can find out... They work better than what I took out of the car I imagine. On the hunt recently for Bosios I spoke with the fella who rebuilds the injectors over at www.KermaTDI.com Very knowledgeable. He said that because our nozzles are an old design alot of companies dont make them in house anymore. We all know about India made Bosch injectors...he said the same goes for Monarks. Often they're are NOT made in Germany and are often a "$7 nozzle" the Bosios are all "made in house in Italy" and he affirmed they're more performance orientated. He also stated that he has the Bosio shim kit and balances the sets to within ONE BAR. Thats pretty tight Smile He gets $20 for the nozzle and $25 to do all the work....INCLUDING...the big thing Bergsma skimped on...coating the exterior of the injector halves to prevent rust!!! not bad $ I felt, I know where my next set is coming from Smile

So the bosio injectors sold at kerma are the ones to go after if I were looking to rebuild mine? I'm not sure when mine were worked on last or if at all.

What do you mean he get's $20 to do all the work? Does that mean the nozzles that they sell on their site are ready to be installed with minimal work on my part or that he takes your current injectors and does the install?

I apologize if this is obvious, but I spent too many hours under the car today with little sleep the night prior.

1982 300SD.. owner since 3 Nov 2012...

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-03-2012, 10:01 AM #12
Having rebuilt a bunch of injectors for folks on this forum and others, I can say conclusively that balanced injectors are crucial. I would take a set of weak injectors which are properly balanced and pop tested and cleaned over a brand new set of injectors which are not any day. Second, Bosios are better IMO. I have been putting this out there for a while now. As for German made injectors, not sure about who makes them now based upon the above information. The best quote I got on Chinese nozzles is .79 cets a piece with a 18 month warranty. I need to buy 1,000 of them. I put out a post and got very little feedback on those who would be interested. $20.00 bucks to clean, pop test, balance injectors for an entire set ? If that is the case, then Kerma beats my price by over 50% and I thought I was by far the least expenseive. As for Monarks, Kent has a Monoply. Check out my post where I quoted the head honcho from Monark as he responded to my inquiry. Bosios will cost you slightly over $200 shipped. So, if you change your fuel filters, do a diesel purge, adjust your valves, and install brand new Bosios (heat shields and return line too), that will easily cost you $260.00 and about 2 hours. Maybe that is ultimately what MS is selling? If not, the market clearly reflects what you can procure for about $260.00. The only thing about the Bosios is that they are not always in stock. You might have to wait a while to get them so make sure they physically have them in stock. Actually, they shipped from Washington State although Kermi is supposedly located somewhere else. Hope Kent does not have a monoply on those as well. LOL. I have been jameed twice by KermaTDI so that is why I no longer buy new nozzles for the service I do. Not worth the embarrasment telling folks they are on order.

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
12-03-2012, 10:01 AM #12

Having rebuilt a bunch of injectors for folks on this forum and others, I can say conclusively that balanced injectors are crucial. I would take a set of weak injectors which are properly balanced and pop tested and cleaned over a brand new set of injectors which are not any day. Second, Bosios are better IMO. I have been putting this out there for a while now. As for German made injectors, not sure about who makes them now based upon the above information. The best quote I got on Chinese nozzles is .79 cets a piece with a 18 month warranty. I need to buy 1,000 of them. I put out a post and got very little feedback on those who would be interested. $20.00 bucks to clean, pop test, balance injectors for an entire set ? If that is the case, then Kerma beats my price by over 50% and I thought I was by far the least expenseive. As for Monarks, Kent has a Monoply. Check out my post where I quoted the head honcho from Monark as he responded to my inquiry. Bosios will cost you slightly over $200 shipped. So, if you change your fuel filters, do a diesel purge, adjust your valves, and install brand new Bosios (heat shields and return line too), that will easily cost you $260.00 and about 2 hours. Maybe that is ultimately what MS is selling? If not, the market clearly reflects what you can procure for about $260.00. The only thing about the Bosios is that they are not always in stock. You might have to wait a while to get them so make sure they physically have them in stock. Actually, they shipped from Washington State although Kermi is supposedly located somewhere else. Hope Kent does not have a monoply on those as well. LOL. I have been jameed twice by KermaTDI so that is why I no longer buy new nozzles for the service I do. Not worth the embarrasment telling folks they are on order.

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

12-04-2012, 01:27 AM #13
I will want the best (bosios) and am willing to wait!

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
12-04-2012, 01:27 AM #13

I will want the best (bosios) and am willing to wait!

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

12-05-2012, 05:01 PM #14
Kerma said you send him yours, and for $45 each he rebuild the injector with a bosio nozzle. I think it was $20 for the nozzle and $25 to rebuild and balance the injectors, each.

it was $20 for the nozzle and $25 for rebuilding and balancing, or vs versa, and thats per injector not for a set...but he does have the Bosios and can do them.

(12-02-2012, 11:08 PM)Chuckler3

(12-04-2012, 01:27 AM)Captain America I will want the best (bosios) and am willing to wait!
This post was last modified: 12-05-2012, 05:03 PM by SpecialDelivery.

-Alt Fuel Buff
SpecialDelivery
12-05-2012, 05:01 PM #14

Kerma said you send him yours, and for $45 each he rebuild the injector with a bosio nozzle. I think it was $20 for the nozzle and $25 to rebuild and balance the injectors, each.

it was $20 for the nozzle and $25 for rebuilding and balancing, or vs versa, and thats per injector not for a set...but he does have the Bosios and can do them.

(12-02-2012, 11:08 PM)Chuckler3

(12-04-2012, 01:27 AM)Captain America I will want the best (bosios) and am willing to wait!

-Alt Fuel Buff

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-06-2012, 09:44 AM #15
Wow --- what a price reduction and what a deal. Is it too good to be true -- ?

Bosios cost $43.00 per nozzle right now from Kermi and $47 from DieselGiant.

So, for anohther $2.00 per injector, Kerma is willing to do the entire injector service per injector. So, in other words, he is willing to do an entire set for $10 bucks ? Why would he reduce each nozzle by over 50%? Somethings sounds suspiecious ... say that like Blue. LOL
This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 09:45 AM by Greazzer.

Greazzer
12-06-2012, 09:44 AM #15

Wow --- what a price reduction and what a deal. Is it too good to be true -- ?

Bosios cost $43.00 per nozzle right now from Kermi and $47 from DieselGiant.

So, for anohther $2.00 per injector, Kerma is willing to do the entire injector service per injector. So, in other words, he is willing to do an entire set for $10 bucks ? Why would he reduce each nozzle by over 50%? Somethings sounds suspiecious ... say that like Blue. LOL

12-06-2012, 11:41 AM #16
alright I got it wrong I just got off the phone with Pete over at Kerma, his list price on the injector nozzle for the OM617 IS $43 and he quotes $20-$25 for the rebuilding. he coats them when done so they dont rust..AND most importantly...he's got the shim kit from the co who made them for bosch...he said he gets them to within .5 BAR when he balances a set.

the guy knows his stuff...20 min on the phone listening to him talk about these injectors and how he rebuilds them...they're highly advanced in the technology and processes. talking about diamond coating the nozzle and pin...nanometers, fuel filters...the man is a wealth of knowledge on this subject.

We discussed leakdown and the bleed hoses .. at length

I'm convinced after speaking with him that he's the guy for the job...to try to do what he can yourself with a pop tester...you just cant..not worth the time for $25 and he's got them in stock for a hotswap...so here you go.

www.kermatdi.com Pete 208-863-7496

-Alt Fuel Buff
SpecialDelivery
12-06-2012, 11:41 AM #16

alright I got it wrong I just got off the phone with Pete over at Kerma, his list price on the injector nozzle for the OM617 IS $43 and he quotes $20-$25 for the rebuilding. he coats them when done so they dont rust..AND most importantly...he's got the shim kit from the co who made them for bosch...he said he gets them to within .5 BAR when he balances a set.

the guy knows his stuff...20 min on the phone listening to him talk about these injectors and how he rebuilds them...they're highly advanced in the technology and processes. talking about diamond coating the nozzle and pin...nanometers, fuel filters...the man is a wealth of knowledge on this subject.

We discussed leakdown and the bleed hoses .. at length

I'm convinced after speaking with him that he's the guy for the job...to try to do what he can yourself with a pop tester...you just cant..not worth the time for $25 and he's got them in stock for a hotswap...so here you go.

www.kermatdi.com Pete 208-863-7496

-Alt Fuel Buff

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-06-2012, 01:17 PM #17
So $25.00 for a set of 5 ? If that is the case, then yes he beats my price by 50%. As for .5 BAR, that would be around 7 PSI. I would say that is above and beyond what I can do. The best I did was a hair over that, and that took hours. Actually, I think that is somewhat "impossible" to reach since an injector NEVER pops exactly the same everytime and a range of +/- 10 is a killer to achieve. But, as you said, $25 for a set of 5 is a steal. So, $43 x 5 + $25 = $240.00 plus shipping is a super decent price.

Greazzer
12-06-2012, 01:17 PM #17

So $25.00 for a set of 5 ? If that is the case, then yes he beats my price by 50%. As for .5 BAR, that would be around 7 PSI. I would say that is above and beyond what I can do. The best I did was a hair over that, and that took hours. Actually, I think that is somewhat "impossible" to reach since an injector NEVER pops exactly the same everytime and a range of +/- 10 is a killer to achieve. But, as you said, $25 for a set of 5 is a steal. So, $43 x 5 + $25 = $240.00 plus shipping is a super decent price.

lpumb3
617 300sd

12-06-2012, 01:32 PM #18
(12-06-2012, 01:17 PM)Greazzer So $25.00 for a set of 5 ? If that is the case, then yes he beats my price by 50%. As for .5 BAR, that would be around 7 PSI. I would say that is above and beyond what I can do. The best I did was a hair over that, and that took hours. Actually, I think that is somewhat "impossible" to reach since an injector NEVER pops exactly the same everytime and a range of +/- 10 is a killer to achieve. But, as you said, $25 for a set of 5 is a steal. So, $43 x 5 + $25 = $240.00 plus shipping is a super decent price.

hey there greazzer , im pretty sure its 25, each 43x5+100 .
i was speaking with the gents at kerma as well , although i was going to upgrade the size of the nozzles, and a hot swap .
forget my quotes but it was at or under 400 w/shipping . i knew of kerma for VW tdi stuff . very very good reputation.
lpumb3
12-06-2012, 01:32 PM #18

(12-06-2012, 01:17 PM)Greazzer So $25.00 for a set of 5 ? If that is the case, then yes he beats my price by 50%. As for .5 BAR, that would be around 7 PSI. I would say that is above and beyond what I can do. The best I did was a hair over that, and that took hours. Actually, I think that is somewhat "impossible" to reach since an injector NEVER pops exactly the same everytime and a range of +/- 10 is a killer to achieve. But, as you said, $25 for a set of 5 is a steal. So, $43 x 5 + $25 = $240.00 plus shipping is a super decent price.

hey there greazzer , im pretty sure its 25, each 43x5+100 .
i was speaking with the gents at kerma as well , although i was going to upgrade the size of the nozzles, and a hot swap .
forget my quotes but it was at or under 400 w/shipping . i knew of kerma for VW tdi stuff . very very good reputation.

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-06-2012, 01:42 PM #19
That would be my guess too.

If so, then my price totally smokes theirs and my service is up to their specs. I would put my rebuilts against theirs any day of the week. I have received my fair share of injectors from various forum members who just had theirs injectors "done by the best diesel shop in town" ... blah blah blah. They looked like crap when I got them and they performed just a little better than crap. Mine look and perform like new (if new nozzles). Period. If you got used nozzles, they still look like new and perform as best the used nozzle can.

BUT, as I said before a bunch of times, Bosios are the best nozzle IMO.

Greazzer
12-06-2012, 01:42 PM #19

That would be my guess too.

If so, then my price totally smokes theirs and my service is up to their specs. I would put my rebuilts against theirs any day of the week. I have received my fair share of injectors from various forum members who just had theirs injectors "done by the best diesel shop in town" ... blah blah blah. They looked like crap when I got them and they performed just a little better than crap. Mine look and perform like new (if new nozzles). Period. If you got used nozzles, they still look like new and perform as best the used nozzle can.

12-06-2012, 06:26 PM #20
Greazzer, how much do you charge to rebuild ONE injector... and how much for ONE Bosio nozzle? Kerma was 20-25 EACH, per injector and the nozzles are $43 each

Also what specs are you getting them to and what do you do for coatings inside and out? Can do you duplicate the diamond plate Kerma puts on them? and he was talking about the inside..getting the distance between the needle and the nozzle into 300 nanometers range...I would love to speak with you via phone about the job to get an accurate comparison between you and Pete.

Please keep in mind, I have no interest in doing this sort of specialized work myself. This is something that I have and will send out to those who are learned in the art.

(12-06-2012, 01:42 PM)Greazzer That would be my guess too.

SpecialDelivery
12-06-2012, 06:26 PM #20

Greazzer, how much do you charge to rebuild ONE injector... and how much for ONE Bosio nozzle? Kerma was 20-25 EACH, per injector and the nozzles are $43 each

Also what specs are you getting them to and what do you do for coatings inside and out? Can do you duplicate the diamond plate Kerma puts on them? and he was talking about the inside..getting the distance between the needle and the nozzle into 300 nanometers range...I would love to speak with you via phone about the job to get an accurate comparison between you and Pete.

Please keep in mind, I have no interest in doing this sort of specialized work myself. This is something that I have and will send out to those who are learned in the art.

(12-06-2012, 01:42 PM)Greazzer That would be my guess too.

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-06-2012, 08:42 PM #21
For a set of 5 I charge $50.00 so $10 bucks each I guess. Shipping is $10.00 and that is USPS priority mail, with insurance and tracking. Shipping is the same if I do 4, 5 or 6.

Mine look new and with new nozzles, they perform like new also. I currently do not sell nozzles but that may be changing rather soon.

Mine are generally at the +/- 25 PSI from the FSM. The FSM permists 50 +/- PSI, but rarely do they leave at the FSM level. I would be interested in seeing how they get down to 7 PSI as they claim.

I dont dip mine in any specail diamond forumala. They are perfectly clean on the inside and out. They generaly last about 1 year before rust actually forms on the outside injector body and its a mild flash. However, I am not sure what happens if subjected to a crazy environment.

As for how I do it, I do not disclose my method or what I use or do. I can say that the cleaning involves ZERO acids, caustic chemicals, or mechical means. I do use an ultrasonic cleaner. The service does take a full 48 hours, however. I do not use electroylsis.

So, that is what I got to say on that.

LOL.

Greazzer
12-06-2012, 08:42 PM #21

For a set of 5 I charge $50.00 so $10 bucks each I guess. Shipping is $10.00 and that is USPS priority mail, with insurance and tracking. Shipping is the same if I do 4, 5 or 6.

Mine look new and with new nozzles, they perform like new also. I currently do not sell nozzles but that may be changing rather soon.

Mine are generally at the +/- 25 PSI from the FSM. The FSM permists 50 +/- PSI, but rarely do they leave at the FSM level. I would be interested in seeing how they get down to 7 PSI as they claim.

I dont dip mine in any specail diamond forumala. They are perfectly clean on the inside and out. They generaly last about 1 year before rust actually forms on the outside injector body and its a mild flash. However, I am not sure what happens if subjected to a crazy environment.

As for how I do it, I do not disclose my method or what I use or do. I can say that the cleaning involves ZERO acids, caustic chemicals, or mechical means. I do use an ultrasonic cleaner. The service does take a full 48 hours, however. I do not use electroylsis.

LOL.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

12-07-2012, 04:56 AM #22
(12-06-2012, 08:42 PM)Greazzer For a set of 5 I charge $50.00 so $10 bucks each I guess. Shipping is $10.00 and that is USPS priority mail, with insurance and tracking. Shipping is the same if I do 4, 5 or 6.

LOL.

Seems Legit! Big Grin

Captain America
12-07-2012, 04:56 AM #22

(12-06-2012, 08:42 PM)Greazzer For a set of 5 I charge $50.00 so $10 bucks each I guess. Shipping is $10.00 and that is USPS priority mail, with insurance and tracking. Shipping is the same if I do 4, 5 or 6.

LOL.

Seems Legit! Big Grin

Volker407
naturally aspirated

12-07-2012, 05:11 AM #23
What I want to say on the technical side:

lapping
If Kerma laps the needle to the nozzlebody he basically makes the gap between those 2 bigger than the factory thought it has to be. Is that good?

Another possibility would be that he manufactures oversize needles himself which he laps in the nozzlebody. For the given price those needles would have to come from china.

Diamond coating
I don´t know where or how he coats the nozzle, but concerning the pressure, flow and temperature at the nozzle/needle I don´t think that will last very long. I even think the ultrahard micro-diamond particles will ream out the nozzle geometry faster than usual when they start coming apart.

And for the balancing
Balancing is possible within 1,0bar, but even if he has the 0,01mm stepped shims I have I don´t believe every set is within 1,0bar. But the only people I know who could check that with a sufficient pop tester is Greazzer an myself. Nevertheless if someone claims that, his setting will still be very good anyway.

Gruß
Volker

I have read Kermas FAQ now
The nozzles are not diamond coated, they are carbon coated which is a totally different process. Also used in modern Common-Rail pumps.

But he also writes the nozzles drift much more than usual in the first 1000miles and have to be reset after that mileage.

Gruß
Volker
This post was last modified: 12-07-2012, 05:44 AM by Volker407.
Volker407
12-07-2012, 05:11 AM #23

What I want to say on the technical side:

lapping
If Kerma laps the needle to the nozzlebody he basically makes the gap between those 2 bigger than the factory thought it has to be. Is that good?

Another possibility would be that he manufactures oversize needles himself which he laps in the nozzlebody. For the given price those needles would have to come from china.

Diamond coating
I don´t know where or how he coats the nozzle, but concerning the pressure, flow and temperature at the nozzle/needle I don´t think that will last very long. I even think the ultrahard micro-diamond particles will ream out the nozzle geometry faster than usual when they start coming apart.

And for the balancing
Balancing is possible within 1,0bar, but even if he has the 0,01mm stepped shims I have I don´t believe every set is within 1,0bar. But the only people I know who could check that with a sufficient pop tester is Greazzer an myself. Nevertheless if someone claims that, his setting will still be very good anyway.

Gruß
Volker

The nozzles are not diamond coated, they are carbon coated which is a totally different process. Also used in modern Common-Rail pumps.

But he also writes the nozzles drift much more than usual in the first 1000miles and have to be reset after that mileage.

Gruß
Volker

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-07-2012, 07:14 AM #24
BTW -- what is set to a nanometer level ? That is one billioneth -- I know for an absolute fact that I would never ever get that detailed and down in the weeds so to speak. How does one measure one billioneth ? Shoot, my reading glasses at the dollar store are only 1.0 and without them know, I cannot read crap up close. Sucks getting old.... LOL

Greazzer
12-07-2012, 07:14 AM #24

BTW -- what is set to a nanometer level ? That is one billioneth -- I know for an absolute fact that I would never ever get that detailed and down in the weeds so to speak. How does one measure one billioneth ? Shoot, my reading glasses at the dollar store are only 1.0 and without them know, I cannot read crap up close. Sucks getting old.... LOL

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

12-07-2012, 07:26 AM #25

Best $60 you can spend other than new glowplugs

I don't trust mercedessource...their shit always seems kinda sheisty
This post was last modified: 12-07-2012, 07:26 AM by Simpler=Better.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
12-07-2012, 07:26 AM #25

Best $60 you can spend other than new glowplugs

I don't trust mercedessource...their shit always seems kinda sheisty

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

RustyLugNut
K26-2

12-08-2012, 11:42 AM #26
(12-07-2012, 07:26 AM)Simpler=Better I don't trust mercedessource...their shit always seems kinda sheisty

Do you have first hand knowledge of Mercedessource? Or are you just bad mouthing?

I have bought numerous items from Kent Bergsma and his staff, and have found the service top notch, the items were what I ordered and performed well for the price. As far as information, his booklets leave this forum in the dust as far as clarity. But, that is to be expected as he spends time creating his information and the posts on a public forum have to be sorted.

I have his pop tester and rebuild kit and have done half a dozen sets on my families' Mercedes and it has been well worth the price.
RustyLugNut
12-08-2012, 11:42 AM #26

(12-07-2012, 07:26 AM)Simpler=Better I don't trust mercedessource...their shit always seems kinda sheisty

Do you have first hand knowledge of Mercedessource? Or are you just bad mouthing?

I have bought numerous items from Kent Bergsma and his staff, and have found the service top notch, the items were what I ordered and performed well for the price. As far as information, his booklets leave this forum in the dust as far as clarity. But, that is to be expected as he spends time creating his information and the posts on a public forum have to be sorted.

I have his pop tester and rebuild kit and have done half a dozen sets on my families' Mercedes and it has been well worth the price.

Volker407
naturally aspirated

12-08-2012, 12:08 PM #27
(12-08-2012, 11:42 AM)RustyLugNut I have his pop tester and rebuild kit and have done half a dozen sets on my families' Mercedes and it has been well worth the price.

Cool, would you tell me the resolution of the manometer from the pop tester and how exact you were able to balance the sets?

Thanks

Gruß
Volker
Volker407
12-08-2012, 12:08 PM #27

(12-08-2012, 11:42 AM)RustyLugNut I have his pop tester and rebuild kit and have done half a dozen sets on my families' Mercedes and it has been well worth the price.

Cool, would you tell me the resolution of the manometer from the pop tester and how exact you were able to balance the sets?

Thanks

Gruß
Volker

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-08-2012, 01:51 PM #28
"he spends time creating his information and the posts on a public forum have to be sorted"

I can type almost 100% definitively that MS - Kent really creates no information. He copies info out of the FMS and Bulletins and re-pastes it. That's it. As for the forums, some threads are good and some not so good. As for his ability to create COTS, yes, that is his claim to fame, but that is about it, but you pay for it. At least on the forums, most info is free.

Greazzer
12-08-2012, 01:51 PM #28

"he spends time creating his information and the posts on a public forum have to be sorted"

I can type almost 100% definitively that MS - Kent really creates no information. He copies info out of the FMS and Bulletins and re-pastes it. That's it. As for the forums, some threads are good and some not so good. As for his ability to create COTS, yes, that is his claim to fame, but that is about it, but you pay for it. At least on the forums, most info is free.

RustyLugNut
K26-2

12-08-2012, 07:33 PM #29
(12-08-2012, 12:08 PM)Volker407

Thanks

Gruß
Volker

The low cost gauge Kent includes on his pop tester allows you to balance to 25 psi. I have access to high quality lab gauges and simply replaced the supplied gauge with one that allows me to "split 10 psi". I cannot tell the running difference between a 10 psi or 25 psi balanced set. Just balance to 25 psi for road use.

(12-08-2012, 01:51 PM)Greazzer "he spends time creating his information and the posts on a public forum have to be sorted"

Isn't this what all of you on this forum do? Except it is in a fractured thread that often times leaves holes in the knowledge needed.

FEW of you create totally NEW information on the whole - you quote factory service manuals (FSM), you document your experiences, then you post them. Except it is not in a form that is all that clear.

Many people ask me for information to work on their old Diesel Mercedes and I point them to this and other forums. They come away flustered. I then point them to the Mercedessource site, and many are perfectly happy to pay for the collated and logical presentation Kent provides as well as years of practical information that he communicates well.

Criticize him for his business model. But understand, his business model has allowed him to build a viable business servicing owners who have little to no mechanical skill. I have good mechanical skills. I just don't have time to distill much of the information on this forum when I need it. The few dollars Kent charges for his information booklets are invaluable to me. Along with this forum and the FSMs, I am able to get my work done.

I peruse this forum for the crazy fun fringe factor (FFF) you guys bring to the hot-rodding world.
This post was last modified: 12-08-2012, 07:51 PM by RustyLugNut.
RustyLugNut
12-08-2012, 07:33 PM #29

(12-08-2012, 12:08 PM)Volker407

Thanks

Gruß
Volker

The low cost gauge Kent includes on his pop tester allows you to balance to 25 psi. I have access to high quality lab gauges and simply replaced the supplied gauge with one that allows me to "split 10 psi". I cannot tell the running difference between a 10 psi or 25 psi balanced set. Just balance to 25 psi for road use.

(12-08-2012, 01:51 PM)Greazzer "he spends time creating his information and the posts on a public forum have to be sorted"

Isn't this what all of you on this forum do? Except it is in a fractured thread that often times leaves holes in the knowledge needed.

FEW of you create totally NEW information on the whole - you quote factory service manuals (FSM), you document your experiences, then you post them. Except it is not in a form that is all that clear.

Many people ask me for information to work on their old Diesel Mercedes and I point them to this and other forums. They come away flustered. I then point them to the Mercedessource site, and many are perfectly happy to pay for the collated and logical presentation Kent provides as well as years of practical information that he communicates well.

Criticize him for his business model. But understand, his business model has allowed him to build a viable business servicing owners who have little to no mechanical skill. I have good mechanical skills. I just don't have time to distill much of the information on this forum when I need it. The few dollars Kent charges for his information booklets are invaluable to me. Along with this forum and the FSMs, I am able to get my work done.

I peruse this forum for the crazy fun fringe factor (FFF) you guys bring to the hot-rodding world.

12-08-2012, 08:20 PM #30

LOL.
Greaser it sounds like you offer a great service for the price you ask. I'm curious about which shims you use and did you mean you get them to within 25psi of each other or from spec. what is the pop pressure spec anyway? As far as coating them, again, for what you're asking...to paint these things would be a bastage anyway.

(12-07-2012, 05:11 AM)Volker407 What I want to say on the technical side:

lapping

Diamond coating

And for the balancing

Gruß
Volker

Gruß
Volker

as far as nanometers, that was when we were discussing the carbon coating...lapping the needles? I dont remember that, I remembered him saying he can get the parts themselves layered in super hard forever durable carbon and the clearance between the needle and nozzle to under a micron, I might have misused the word nanometer and likey the distance too. I believe it was something like .75 of a micron ...then he went into the fuel filter thing, right on cue.

I dont know, like I said it sounds right, on both for whats involved. Least to me. I enjoyed talking to Pete @ Kerma, he seemed WAY into it. Like it's all he does. I have no doubt Greazzer (BTW love the Lee Emory avitar photo) in your abilites to do a quality job as well. Experience is key in something like this. Its not an oil change or even a valve adjustment here.

I never wanted to rebuild the injectors, seemed like something that could be done easily enough but I'd rather have a professionally done set and am willing to pay for it. At the time I didnt have space to set up a pop tester and I didnt know Greazzer yet, I still dont, I was just too new to the forums. Everyone "new" to Benz'ing finds MS, he's all over youtube. The issue at hand of course is the "quality" of the rebuild, what goes into, on etc. To what extent they're tuned to being on spec an of course how close together your set is, I IMAGINE are all important. The MS set has performed well so far. Would be nice of Kent to make a dang acct on these forums and weigh in himself. I may invite them to do so. Lugnut, couldnt have said it better. I have his book on the transmission and consider it money well spent. To be able to sit down with it and read it, like a book. And it's comprehensive.

Formerly , thank you Greazzer for your contribution of your input and for the service you do for your fellow Benz heads Smile
SpecialDelivery
12-08-2012, 08:20 PM #30

LOL.
Greaser it sounds like you offer a great service for the price you ask. I'm curious about which shims you use and did you mean you get them to within 25psi of each other or from spec. what is the pop pressure spec anyway? As far as coating them, again, for what you're asking...to paint these things would be a bastage anyway.

(12-07-2012, 05:11 AM)Volker407 What I want to say on the technical side:

lapping

Diamond coating

And for the balancing

Gruß
Volker

Gruß
Volker

as far as nanometers, that was when we were discussing the carbon coating...lapping the needles? I dont remember that, I remembered him saying he can get the parts themselves layered in super hard forever durable carbon and the clearance between the needle and nozzle to under a micron, I might have misused the word nanometer and likey the distance too. I believe it was something like .75 of a micron ...then he went into the fuel filter thing, right on cue.

I dont know, like I said it sounds right, on both for whats involved. Least to me. I enjoyed talking to Pete @ Kerma, he seemed WAY into it. Like it's all he does. I have no doubt Greazzer (BTW love the Lee Emory avitar photo) in your abilites to do a quality job as well. Experience is key in something like this. Its not an oil change or even a valve adjustment here.

I never wanted to rebuild the injectors, seemed like something that could be done easily enough but I'd rather have a professionally done set and am willing to pay for it. At the time I didnt have space to set up a pop tester and I didnt know Greazzer yet, I still dont, I was just too new to the forums. Everyone "new" to Benz'ing finds MS, he's all over youtube. The issue at hand of course is the "quality" of the rebuild, what goes into, on etc. To what extent they're tuned to being on spec an of course how close together your set is, I IMAGINE are all important. The MS set has performed well so far. Would be nice of Kent to make a dang acct on these forums and weigh in himself. I may invite them to do so. Lugnut, couldnt have said it better. I have his book on the transmission and consider it money well spent. To be able to sit down with it and read it, like a book. And it's comprehensive.

Formerly , thank you Greazzer for your contribution of your input and for the service you do for your fellow Benz heads Smile

Volker407
naturally aspirated

12-09-2012, 04:08 AM #31
(12-02-2012, 10:58 PM)SpecialDelivery When I called Monark back when, they directed me back to Kent Bergsma as their "North American distributor" I have injectors rebuilt by Kent. Kaia confirmed he laps them all. I didnt find out about the balancing...

In post #10 you said "he laps them all" but maybe I got that wrong.

Gruß
Volker
Volker407
12-09-2012, 04:08 AM #31

(12-02-2012, 10:58 PM)SpecialDelivery When I called Monark back when, they directed me back to Kent Bergsma as their "North American distributor" I have injectors rebuilt by Kent. Kaia confirmed he laps them all. I didnt find out about the balancing...

Gruß
Volker

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-09-2012, 10:02 AM #32
I'm curious about which shims you use

They range in size from .05mm up to 1.9mm. The largest I ever used was 1.85. I have no idea who is the original manufacturer.

within 25psi of each other or from spec.

The Turbo is 135 BAR and NON-Turbo is 115. I use a nominal 1,950 and 1,650 respectively. So, they will pop within a range of 1925 and 1975 for the Turbo and 1,625 to 1675 for the non turbo. That's the goal, but add 25 psi and you're still within FSM spec. Keep in minde that injectors never pop the same exact time. If you do a quick pop in succession, you will get numbes all over the place. The key is getting them within this range. Your can narrow the range below the 25PSI +/- but it takes so much time and why bother? It adds nothing to the performance that is really noticable.

what is the pop pressure spec anyway?
See above

As far as coating them,

They leave me with a light coat of diesel. I have them for about a year in my car before they develop a slight flash, but I yank mine every 6 months to test out since I burn grease, so I really never see rust if I stay on schedule. I suggest pulling them once a year for a good cleaning and re-adjustment anyways at the time you do the valves.

Greazzer
12-09-2012, 10:02 AM #32

I'm curious about which shims you use

They range in size from .05mm up to 1.9mm. The largest I ever used was 1.85. I have no idea who is the original manufacturer.

The Turbo is 135 BAR and NON-Turbo is 115. I use a nominal 1,950 and 1,650 respectively. So, they will pop within a range of 1925 and 1975 for the Turbo and 1,625 to 1675 for the non turbo. That's the goal, but add 25 psi and you're still within FSM spec. Keep in minde that injectors never pop the same exact time. If you do a quick pop in succession, you will get numbes all over the place. The key is getting them within this range. Your can narrow the range below the 25PSI +/- but it takes so much time and why bother? It adds nothing to the performance that is really noticable.

See above

As far as coating them,

They leave me with a light coat of diesel. I have them for about a year in my car before they develop a slight flash, but I yank mine every 6 months to test out since I burn grease, so I really never see rust if I stay on schedule. I suggest pulling them once a year for a good cleaning and re-adjustment anyways at the time you do the valves.

OM616
10mm MW

12-09-2012, 12:38 PM #33
(12-09-2012, 04:08 AM)Volker407

Gruß
Volker

Is he lapping the needle and seat? Under the microscope the surface finish is very ruff, and I was shocked to see that after 200,000 miles on a 1978 era Bosch needle that it was unchanged! I expected to see it polished from beating against the seat.

I have read some where that it has been found that a ruff surface helps atomize the fuel, but I may have miss understood what they meant by ruff.

I have thought about lapping the seat, but after seeing it and the atomization idea, I am now thinking that as long as it does not leak, to leave it alone. Sometimes the closer you get to perfect, the worse things work, lol.
OM616
12-09-2012, 12:38 PM #33

Gruß
Volker

Is he lapping the needle and seat? Under the microscope the surface finish is very ruff, and I was shocked to see that after 200,000 miles on a 1978 era Bosch needle that it was unchanged! I expected to see it polished from beating against the seat.

I have read some where that it has been found that a ruff surface helps atomize the fuel, but I may have miss understood what they meant by ruff.

I have thought about lapping the seat, but after seeing it and the atomization idea, I am now thinking that as long as it does not leak, to leave it alone. Sometimes the closer you get to perfect, the worse things work, lol.

12-09-2012, 02:23 PM #34

Gruß
Volker
Was referring to the injector halves.

(12-09-2012, 10:02 AM)Greazzer I'm curious about which shims you use

See above

As far as coating them,

Sounds like you got this...do you lap the halves as well to make sure they're flat and seat against each other correctly?

(12-09-2012, 12:38 PM)OM616

Gruß
Volker

Needle and Nozzle came up with Kerma discussing the carbon coating...Bergsma lapping was referring to the injector halves.

-Alt Fuel Buff
SpecialDelivery
12-09-2012, 02:23 PM #34

Gruß
Volker
Was referring to the injector halves.

(12-09-2012, 10:02 AM)Greazzer I'm curious about which shims you use

See above

As far as coating them,

Sounds like you got this...do you lap the halves as well to make sure they're flat and seat against each other correctly?

(12-09-2012, 12:38 PM)OM616

Gruß
Volker

Needle and Nozzle came up with Kerma discussing the carbon coating...Bergsma lapping was referring to the injector halves.

-Alt Fuel Buff

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-09-2012, 02:43 PM #35
I understand the principle and seen all the write-ups with pictures. However, after about 500 injectors, I do not recall ever doing this to one injector. I am not a big fan of removing any metal from a part. When it left the factory, those saucer shaped caps where a certain thickness. Not sure what one gains by removing material, albeit a tiny tiny fraction of an inch. I have never had "leak down" after a complete cleaning. Secondly, and more importantly, I do not mix match injector parts. When I get an injector, all 8 parts stay together. So, however the parts worn against each other over the years, they stay together. Third, I pump it up to 1,500 psi and I don't see the "leak-down" which MS warns about. I cannot believe after 500 injectors I just got lucky. When I see leak down or any leaks, it is because there is some sort of dirt or crud somewhere or it was not torqued at 59 ft pounds.

Greazzer
12-09-2012, 02:43 PM #35

I understand the principle and seen all the write-ups with pictures. However, after about 500 injectors, I do not recall ever doing this to one injector. I am not a big fan of removing any metal from a part. When it left the factory, those saucer shaped caps where a certain thickness. Not sure what one gains by removing material, albeit a tiny tiny fraction of an inch. I have never had "leak down" after a complete cleaning. Secondly, and more importantly, I do not mix match injector parts. When I get an injector, all 8 parts stay together. So, however the parts worn against each other over the years, they stay together. Third, I pump it up to 1,500 psi and I don't see the "leak-down" which MS warns about. I cannot believe after 500 injectors I just got lucky. When I see leak down or any leaks, it is because there is some sort of dirt or crud somewhere or it was not torqued at 59 ft pounds.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average