STD Tuning Engine garrett t3 vband dimensions and compatability

garrett t3 vband dimensions and compatability

garrett t3 vband dimensions and compatability

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fj four o
Naturally-aspirated

06-08-2011, 02:32 AM #1
hey guys,

i'm considering the removal of the stock expansion bellows to drop my downpipe down in front of the starter and cross under the oil pan to the driver's side. it would help to remove that extra 4 or so inches and just attach a v band flange to my downpipe directly to the turbo outlet. not entirely necessary but would remove some extraneous bend.

does anyone know of any compatible flanges. i'm sure i'll need a wider clamp, just not sure about diameter of flange and actual width of clamp. has anyone done this already?

thanks

another toyota fj40 transplant thanks to luke, mercedes, gm, toyota, extreme bends.... superturbodiesel!
fj four o
06-08-2011, 02:32 AM #1

hey guys,

i'm considering the removal of the stock expansion bellows to drop my downpipe down in front of the starter and cross under the oil pan to the driver's side. it would help to remove that extra 4 or so inches and just attach a v band flange to my downpipe directly to the turbo outlet. not entirely necessary but would remove some extraneous bend.

does anyone know of any compatible flanges. i'm sure i'll need a wider clamp, just not sure about diameter of flange and actual width of clamp. has anyone done this already?

thanks

another toyota fj40 transplant thanks to luke, mercedes, gm, toyota, extreme bends.... superturbodiesel!

aaa
GT2256V

06-08-2011, 04:33 AM #2
The flange is 3" in diameter. Not sure about width.
aaa
06-08-2011, 04:33 AM #2

The flange is 3" in diameter. Not sure about width.

fj four o
Naturally-aspirated

06-08-2011, 08:52 AM #3
so its looks like its actually a 2.25" id based off of columbia river mandrel bending dimensions. guess thats what the stock exhaust is too. i try that, thanks. i just need to find a wider clamp now.

fj four o
06-08-2011, 08:52 AM #3

so its looks like its actually a 2.25" id based off of columbia river mandrel bending dimensions. guess thats what the stock exhaust is too. i try that, thanks. i just need to find a wider clamp now.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average