STD Tuning Engine Hi-Po Engine Rebuilding Parts & Pieces

Hi-Po Engine Rebuilding Parts & Pieces

Hi-Po Engine Rebuilding Parts & Pieces

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
MacDoe
Naturally-aspirated

02-02-2012, 03:39 PM #51
Thanks, that is too bad...as it looked like a constructive use of funds and resources as a fix for our car as well as others on here going the high boost route, if any problems reported with stock headgaskets. I looked on the cometix site and could'nt find any headgaskets for the 617 turbo or any diesel engine for mercedes. I even downloaded the catalogue...nothing. I suppose the option of having one custom made would be expensive...and the stock one has lasted like 25+ years on this one (554,000kms.).

Who makes the O.E.M headgasket? Would it still be the same quality as was used to build the car so long ago? Is there an alternative to the $100 they want for new headbolts? For that much maybe ARP makes some? I think you can outfit an small block for less than $100. I wonder what makes these stock bolts so expensive? Thanks again for your reply.
MacDoe
02-02-2012, 03:39 PM #51

Thanks, that is too bad...as it looked like a constructive use of funds and resources as a fix for our car as well as others on here going the high boost route, if any problems reported with stock headgaskets. I looked on the cometix site and could'nt find any headgaskets for the 617 turbo or any diesel engine for mercedes. I even downloaded the catalogue...nothing. I suppose the option of having one custom made would be expensive...and the stock one has lasted like 25+ years on this one (554,000kms.).

Who makes the O.E.M headgasket? Would it still be the same quality as was used to build the car so long ago? Is there an alternative to the $100 they want for new headbolts? For that much maybe ARP makes some? I think you can outfit an small block for less than $100. I wonder what makes these stock bolts so expensive? Thanks again for your reply.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average