STD Other Open Snap-On Reps / exchange policy

Snap-On Reps / exchange policy

Snap-On Reps / exchange policy

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

totaldisaster
lightly modded OM606

03-27-2011, 04:59 PM #1
I have a bunch of tools which I bought used from someone. They are getting pretty worn out and the ball-tipped allens have all broken.

Then still work since I filed them down, but U want the ball tips back.

Doesn't Snap-on have a lifetime return policy? How is a tool considered eligible?

Do I just flag down a rep the next time I see his van?
totaldisaster
03-27-2011, 04:59 PM #1

I have a bunch of tools which I bought used from someone. They are getting pretty worn out and the ball-tipped allens have all broken.

Then still work since I filed them down, but U want the ball tips back.

Doesn't Snap-on have a lifetime return policy? How is a tool considered eligible?

Do I just flag down a rep the next time I see his van?

larsalan
Superturbo

03-27-2011, 05:38 PM #2
http://buy1.snapon.com/snapon-store/customer.asp

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
03-27-2011, 05:38 PM #2

http://buy1.snapon.com/snapon-store/customer.asp

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'

totaldisaster
lightly modded OM606

03-27-2011, 05:49 PM #3
Thanks.

I am also hoping someone has experience in dealing with these people so I can get some insight as to their workings / boundaries. (ie... how do I 'work' their policy to get what I am looking for?)

Is there anything I should NOT tell them?
totaldisaster
03-27-2011, 05:49 PM #3

Thanks.

I am also hoping someone has experience in dealing with these people so I can get some insight as to their workings / boundaries. (ie... how do I 'work' their policy to get what I am looking for?)

Is there anything I should NOT tell them?

ForcedInduction
Banned

03-28-2011, 03:18 AM #4
(03-27-2011, 04:59 PM)totaldisaster Doesn't Snap-on have a lifetime return policy? How is a tool considered eligible?

Not on tools that have been modified.

http://buy1.snapon.com/sep/termsOfsale.aspx
Quote:In addition to any limitations outlined in warranty statements provided with the Product, Snap-on does NOT provide any warranty for (1) products labeled other than Snap-on or Blue-Point or (2) products subjected to “abnormal use”. Products that are not labeled Snap-on or Blue-Point are subject to the warranty provided by the manufacturers of those products and Snap-on will pass along any such warranties. "Abnormal use" includes misuse, accident, modification, unreasonable use, abuse, neglect, lack of maintenance, use in product-related service, or use after the product is significantly worn. Abnormal use of tool storage units also includes, without limitation, situations when a unit is pulled using a mechanical vehicle, rolled over large drops, used in a highly corrosive environment, used as a step stool, modified with non-Snap-on parts, overloaded or modified in any way.
This post was last modified: 03-28-2011, 03:21 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
03-28-2011, 03:18 AM #4

(03-27-2011, 04:59 PM)totaldisaster Doesn't Snap-on have a lifetime return policy? How is a tool considered eligible?

http://buy1.snapon.com/sep/termsOfsale.aspx
Quote:In addition to any limitations outlined in warranty statements provided with the Product, Snap-on does NOT provide any warranty for (1) products labeled other than Snap-on or Blue-Point or (2) products subjected to “abnormal use”. Products that are not labeled Snap-on or Blue-Point are subject to the warranty provided by the manufacturers of those products and Snap-on will pass along any such warranties. "Abnormal use" includes misuse, accident, modification, unreasonable use, abuse, neglect, lack of maintenance, use in product-related service, or use after the product is significantly worn. Abnormal use of tool storage units also includes, without limitation, situations when a unit is pulled using a mechanical vehicle, rolled over large drops, used in a highly corrosive environment, used as a step stool, modified with non-Snap-on parts, overloaded or modified in any way.

JB3
Superturbo

04-03-2011, 09:32 AM #5
(03-28-2011, 03:18 AM)ForcedInduction

x2

The fact that you filed them will prevent the exchange. The will rightly claim that there is no way for them to know you did not intentionally do that for a specific job starting with a perfectly good tool. Especially since the truck drivers actually own all the tools in the truck as their investment into snap-on products, they will fight like demons to protect that investment.

They could get stuck holding the returned tools and not get reimbursed by snap-on after the fact when they already made an exchange.

Theres no harm in trying though, they might take it back based on the driver. Worst case scenario they tell you to take a hike. Id go to a couple local auto shops and ask them when a snap-on truck usually drops by, then head over then. If you a flag a driver down, especially for an exchange attempt and not a purchase, the driver may not be in a favorable mood towards you. Big Grin

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
04-03-2011, 09:32 AM #5

(03-28-2011, 03:18 AM)ForcedInduction

x2

The fact that you filed them will prevent the exchange. The will rightly claim that there is no way for them to know you did not intentionally do that for a specific job starting with a perfectly good tool. Especially since the truck drivers actually own all the tools in the truck as their investment into snap-on products, they will fight like demons to protect that investment.

They could get stuck holding the returned tools and not get reimbursed by snap-on after the fact when they already made an exchange.

Theres no harm in trying though, they might take it back based on the driver. Worst case scenario they tell you to take a hike. Id go to a couple local auto shops and ask them when a snap-on truck usually drops by, then head over then. If you a flag a driver down, especially for an exchange attempt and not a purchase, the driver may not be in a favorable mood towards you. Big Grin

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

ForcedInduction
Banned

04-03-2011, 09:38 AM #6
I think your best bet would be attempting to exchange for the non-ball end type.
ForcedInduction
04-03-2011, 09:38 AM #6

I think your best bet would be attempting to exchange for the non-ball end type.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average