STD Tuning Drivetrain 1998 s10 om617a swap

1998 s10 om617a swap

1998 s10 om617a swap

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

eck60
Naturally-aspirated

03-07-2011, 02:19 PM #1
I am putting in a Mercedes 300d engine into a 98 s10 anyone that has done this let me know I am also intrigued in black Diesel looking at centrifuges

well I am hoping that the negativity I have seen here doesn't cloud what we like to do for some of us we like to think outside the box I think there are a lot of god ideas on this forum but the reason I never joined until now is there is too much negativity from one person on here I really don't care if the EPA says its illegal I personally think the EPA is just a scam for people to make billions of dollars off us and any modifications are illegal the pump modifications are also illegal but people have been doing mods since cars were invented and as far as I am concerned the less government we have the better we are
eck60
03-07-2011, 02:19 PM #1

I am putting in a Mercedes 300d engine into a 98 s10 anyone that has done this let me know I am also intrigued in black Diesel looking at centrifuges

well I am hoping that the negativity I have seen here doesn't cloud what we like to do for some of us we like to think outside the box I think there are a lot of god ideas on this forum but the reason I never joined until now is there is too much negativity from one person on here I really don't care if the EPA says its illegal I personally think the EPA is just a scam for people to make billions of dollars off us and any modifications are illegal the pump modifications are also illegal but people have been doing mods since cars were invented and as far as I am concerned the less government we have the better we are

larsalan
Superturbo

03-07-2011, 03:41 PM #2
If those b@$t@rds really cared about the environment they wouldn't let anyone drive any kind of car. We would still be riding around on horses and mules! And heating our homes with wood burning stoves.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
03-07-2011, 03:41 PM #2

If those b@$t@rds really cared about the environment they wouldn't let anyone drive any kind of car. We would still be riding around on horses and mules! And heating our homes with wood burning stoves.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'

eck60
Naturally-aspirated

03-08-2011, 02:15 AM #3
I agree totally I personally think that the alternative fuels that are out there whether it is veggie bio or black diesel should all be looked at I personally think black diesel should be looked at and I am doing just that
eck60
03-08-2011, 02:15 AM #3

I agree totally I personally think that the alternative fuels that are out there whether it is veggie bio or black diesel should all be looked at I personally think black diesel should be looked at and I am doing just that

ForcedInduction
Banned

03-08-2011, 03:36 AM #4
Burning "black diesel" (no such name), aka, Engine OIL, is extremely harmful to the environment. Engine oil is NOT a fuel and is NOT designed to burn, in fact it has additives specifically for preventing combustion.
Pouring it on a dead tree would be cleaner and more acceptable than burning it.
This post was last modified: 03-08-2011, 03:37 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
03-08-2011, 03:36 AM #4

Burning "black diesel" (no such name), aka, Engine OIL, is extremely harmful to the environment. Engine oil is NOT a fuel and is NOT designed to burn, in fact it has additives specifically for preventing combustion.
Pouring it on a dead tree would be cleaner and more acceptable than burning it.

eck60
Naturally-aspirated

03-08-2011, 08:42 AM #5
why don't you go hug a tree so you would rather let the oil get spilled on the ground and you are an expert on this subject the epa lets ships and generators run on it don't you think it is more political than environmental they were designed to run on waste peanut oil and besides I really don't care for your input you are a hypocrite because you wrote a beautiful article about turning up a mb pump and that is probably more environmentally damaging I think you need to do you research in to the chemistry and if it is so harming then how can vehicles pass emissions testing ruining on black diesel
eck60
03-08-2011, 08:42 AM #5

why don't you go hug a tree so you would rather let the oil get spilled on the ground and you are an expert on this subject the epa lets ships and generators run on it don't you think it is more political than environmental they were designed to run on waste peanut oil and besides I really don't care for your input you are a hypocrite because you wrote a beautiful article about turning up a mb pump and that is probably more environmentally damaging I think you need to do you research in to the chemistry and if it is so harming then how can vehicles pass emissions testing ruining on black diesel

300D50
Graphite Moderator, ala RBMK

03-08-2011, 12:50 PM #6
Um, let's stop the crap here, before vacations are handed out...

All Forced is saying is that engine oil is not a proper fuel, and you'd be on your own.
Just because something comes from the ground already, doesn't mean that it is OK to burn it, play with it, drink it, put it in your coffee maker, or any other number of things.

Would you want the nuke plant next door burying their waste in your back yard? It came from the ground anyways...

Not trying to be rash, just explaining the point a bit.

As far as the S10 conversion, the main "gotcha" is that you'll need an adapter plate to go from the 617 to the GM trans, Dropnosky found a place that has them relatively cheap, and even has the conversion flywheel needed.

Then you'll need motor mounts, have to deal with the radiator and oil cooler, and the pedal linkage.

The only possible "BIG GOTCHA" is if the front sump will clear the steering/frame. That might need some hack-n-mod of the sump, possibly the upper pan.

In all, it's doable, just possibly tedious. Don't let that deter you though. Wink
This post was last modified: 03-08-2011, 01:07 PM by 300D50.

1990 Power Ram 50 V6 SOHC 24V 6g72

I can be wrong, don't take everything I say as verbatim, please fact-check first.
My posts are my personal opinions and thoughts, unless otherwise noted.
300D50
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM #6

Um, let's stop the crap here, before vacations are handed out...

All Forced is saying is that engine oil is not a proper fuel, and you'd be on your own.
Just because something comes from the ground already, doesn't mean that it is OK to burn it, play with it, drink it, put it in your coffee maker, or any other number of things.

Would you want the nuke plant next door burying their waste in your back yard? It came from the ground anyways...

Not trying to be rash, just explaining the point a bit.

As far as the S10 conversion, the main "gotcha" is that you'll need an adapter plate to go from the 617 to the GM trans, Dropnosky found a place that has them relatively cheap, and even has the conversion flywheel needed.

Then you'll need motor mounts, have to deal with the radiator and oil cooler, and the pedal linkage.

The only possible "BIG GOTCHA" is if the front sump will clear the steering/frame. That might need some hack-n-mod of the sump, possibly the upper pan.

In all, it's doable, just possibly tedious. Don't let that deter you though. Wink

I can be wrong, don't take everything I say as verbatim, please fact-check first.

eck60
Naturally-aspirated

03-08-2011, 02:13 PM #7
don't worry I am in process of making adapter to go from tranny to mb bell-housing I am going to do a 2-3 inch body lift so the pan issue wont be much - motor mounts I have found someone on another site that has made them already - the clutch is from a 86 s10 fits perfect -

he has made his point I personally do not agree with him they have proven global warming was a scam and al gore has made billions on it we come to these sites to converse about our dreams and aspersions and the last thing we want or need is some one telling us that it cant be done now lets all work together this site has a lot of good info and I have read and saved his mb pump thread it is fantastic but don't run me and others that are doing conversions into the dirt we come here for positive input not negative I am an optimist and a dreamer and there are lots of people doing black diesel and yes it is a named that google it they are passing state inspections we don't have inspections here and besides if you really want to talk about an environment disaster lets talk about ethanol that is the worst environmental scam know to man great for farmers but bad or the environment just for instance how much diesel and natural gas do you think it takes to produce 1 gallon of ethanol think about it!! you have a tractor that had to harvest the seed- that you have to plant- you have to prepare the soil- plant it- spray it- harvest it- haul it to market- then it gets hauled to the plant where billions of cubic feet of natural gas is used to produce it - then it gets trucked again- in both waste ddg and ethanol then gets blended and hauled again before it gets burned in our cars any way I really think when it comes to it laws and the environment we all have our own thoughts about it I think greed and money has really ruined our society which play hand and hand with laws and the environment now that we all agree to disagree

lets keep it about the mechanics of what we are doing
eck60
03-08-2011, 02:13 PM #7

don't worry I am in process of making adapter to go from tranny to mb bell-housing I am going to do a 2-3 inch body lift so the pan issue wont be much - motor mounts I have found someone on another site that has made them already - the clutch is from a 86 s10 fits perfect -

he has made his point I personally do not agree with him they have proven global warming was a scam and al gore has made billions on it we come to these sites to converse about our dreams and aspersions and the last thing we want or need is some one telling us that it cant be done now lets all work together this site has a lot of good info and I have read and saved his mb pump thread it is fantastic but don't run me and others that are doing conversions into the dirt we come here for positive input not negative I am an optimist and a dreamer and there are lots of people doing black diesel and yes it is a named that google it they are passing state inspections we don't have inspections here and besides if you really want to talk about an environment disaster lets talk about ethanol that is the worst environmental scam know to man great for farmers but bad or the environment just for instance how much diesel and natural gas do you think it takes to produce 1 gallon of ethanol think about it!! you have a tractor that had to harvest the seed- that you have to plant- you have to prepare the soil- plant it- spray it- harvest it- haul it to market- then it gets hauled to the plant where billions of cubic feet of natural gas is used to produce it - then it gets trucked again- in both waste ddg and ethanol then gets blended and hauled again before it gets burned in our cars any way I really think when it comes to it laws and the environment we all have our own thoughts about it I think greed and money has really ruined our society which play hand and hand with laws and the environment now that we all agree to disagree

lets keep it about the mechanics of what we are doing

300D50
Graphite Moderator, ala RBMK

03-08-2011, 02:14 PM #8
One tip, punctuation and space between sentences helps out a lot.

300D50
03-08-2011, 02:14 PM #8

One tip, punctuation and space between sentences helps out a lot.

eck60
Naturally-aspirated

03-08-2011, 02:28 PM #9
yea I know my punc sucks I never was that great at it that is why I had to hire someone to do my senior thesis 30 years ago

any away when it gets together engine and tranny I will post some pics if any one needs pics of motor mounts I have them mine will be a little different because I am going to have about 1.500 inches of oil pan to steering rod clearance due to body lift

Quote of the day: snow and winter can make the most even tempered person a raging lunatic
eck60
03-08-2011, 02:28 PM #9

yea I know my punc sucks I never was that great at it that is why I had to hire someone to do my senior thesis 30 years ago

any away when it gets together engine and tranny I will post some pics if any one needs pics of motor mounts I have them mine will be a little different because I am going to have about 1.500 inches of oil pan to steering rod clearance due to body lift

Quote of the day: snow and winter can make the most even tempered person a raging lunatic

Hotrodbenz
Boost and roost baby let's do some coke

01-17-2012, 11:00 PM #10
i just found this thread and thought id mention that black diesel is the process of refining oil at home not pouring it in the tank raw i run 3qts of raw used motor oil to a full tank of diesel
Hotrodbenz
01-17-2012, 11:00 PM #10

i just found this thread and thought id mention that black diesel is the process of refining oil at home not pouring it in the tank raw i run 3qts of raw used motor oil to a full tank of diesel

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average