STD Other Non MBZ Diesel Here's a cool link.

Here's a cool link.

Here's a cool link.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

02-01-2011, 07:47 AM #1
This link is from 4btswaps.com in the Detroit section. Some enterprising types in PA put a computer on a non computerized Detroit engine with reprogramming of course. That could be done on the OM617. I'd like to take a stab at it.Big Grin I drive a 2009 Jetta TDI with a power module and I had a tune on it and it flies like a jet. With the tune, I could shred the front tires and zero to 100 was impressive. I took the tune off because my DSG was shifting rough from 4 to 5.

At this time no one has the knowledge to emulate the Common Rail system, but bring the pump and injectors under computer control yields big dividends according to the guys that built this truck.

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread...ectronic)t

On further thought it seems that there are a large number of 4 cylinder options out there for simpler, older systems under computer control that could be adapted across engine platforms. VW has a number of engines and injector sets under computer control manufactured by Bosch.
This post was last modified: 02-01-2011, 08:10 AM by DieselSchlepper.
DieselSchlepper
02-01-2011, 07:47 AM #1

This link is from 4btswaps.com in the Detroit section. Some enterprising types in PA put a computer on a non computerized Detroit engine with reprogramming of course. That could be done on the OM617. I'd like to take a stab at it.Big Grin I drive a 2009 Jetta TDI with a power module and I had a tune on it and it flies like a jet. With the tune, I could shred the front tires and zero to 100 was impressive. I took the tune off because my DSG was shifting rough from 4 to 5.

At this time no one has the knowledge to emulate the Common Rail system, but bring the pump and injectors under computer control yields big dividends according to the guys that built this truck.

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread...ectronic)t

On further thought it seems that there are a large number of 4 cylinder options out there for simpler, older systems under computer control that could be adapted across engine platforms. VW has a number of engines and injector sets under computer control manufactured by Bosch.

ForcedInduction
Banned

02-01-2011, 12:30 PM #2
Why add electronics? All you need to do to increase power is remove 1 piece of metal.

It also helps that all later 2-strokes were DDEC so his parts were mostly bolt-on. You would have to nearly redesign a 617 to make it electronic.
This post was last modified: 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
02-01-2011, 12:30 PM #2

Why add electronics? All you need to do to increase power is remove 1 piece of metal.

It also helps that all later 2-strokes were DDEC so his parts were mostly bolt-on. You would have to nearly redesign a 617 to make it electronic.

02-01-2011, 02:58 PM #3
What piece is taht?
DieselSchlepper
02-01-2011, 02:58 PM #3

What piece is taht?

ForcedInduction
Banned

02-01-2011, 06:44 PM #4
Rack limiter.
ForcedInduction
02-01-2011, 06:44 PM #4

Rack limiter.