STD Other Open water injection connection broken?

water injection connection broken?

water injection connection broken?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

larsalan
Superturbo

01-26-2011, 03:53 PM #1
How are these connections supposed to work? Somewhere I read that they are "push connect". It doesn't seem like they compress down at all. One of them was broken and I wonder do I need to replace it.
That would be a $7 part.
I have yet to order any 'nylon hose'. Do you need to glue it or something? Is the nylon hose supposed to fit into those orange fittings?
[Image: IMG_0070-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0074.jpg]
I was thinking it's 1/4" OD tubing that goes into those orange connections. Is it 1/4" ID that goes over the outside of them?
This post was last modified: 01-26-2011, 04:30 PM by larsalan.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
01-26-2011, 03:53 PM #1

How are these connections supposed to work? Somewhere I read that they are "push connect". It doesn't seem like they compress down at all. One of them was broken and I wonder do I need to replace it.
That would be a $7 part.
I have yet to order any 'nylon hose'. Do you need to glue it or something? Is the nylon hose supposed to fit into those orange fittings?
[Image: IMG_0070-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0074.jpg]

I was thinking it's 1/4" OD tubing that goes into those orange connections. Is it 1/4" ID that goes over the outside of them?

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

01-26-2011, 05:04 PM #2
haha. It's the 1/4" OD that you need, to go inside the orange connection.

The un-broken fittings in your pictures are already compressed. You just push the nylon hose all the way in and then give it a little tug out and the orange part will slide out a bit and tighten and lock the hose in. That's it!

When you want to take the hose out of the push lock, just push the hose into the fitting and hold the orange part in while you pull the hose out.
This post was last modified: 01-26-2011, 05:05 PM by Captain America.

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
01-26-2011, 05:04 PM #2

haha. It's the 1/4" OD that you need, to go inside the orange connection.

The un-broken fittings in your pictures are already compressed. You just push the nylon hose all the way in and then give it a little tug out and the orange part will slide out a bit and tighten and lock the hose in. That's it!

When you want to take the hose out of the push lock, just push the hose into the fitting and hold the orange part in while you pull the hose out.

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average