STD Tuning Engine alternator wiring

alternator wiring

alternator wiring

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

03-10-2018, 04:44 PM #1
good evening all 
wonder if you can help me, I'm trying to wire up the alternator on my om605 from a 1998 c250td
if done a google search on wiring up alternators but they seem to be different to mine like 3 or 4 wire alternators? 
I've got 3 terminals B+, D+ and W
I'm guessing the 
B+ goes to the starter terminal or battery for the charge 
W is the signal out for rev counter 
D+, is this the terminal that is fed by the ignition with the charge light inline? can my dash display has LED warning lights and the charge warning light is activated by earth so can this be used or how do I make it work if not?

thanks 
ant
Antonytriolo
03-10-2018, 04:44 PM #1

good evening all 
wonder if you can help me, I'm trying to wire up the alternator on my om605 from a 1998 c250td
if done a google search on wiring up alternators but they seem to be different to mine like 3 or 4 wire alternators? 
I've got 3 terminals B+, D+ and W
I'm guessing the 
B+ goes to the starter terminal or battery for the charge 
W is the signal out for rev counter 
D+, is this the terminal that is fed by the ignition with the charge light inline? can my dash display has LED warning lights and the charge warning light is activated by earth so can this be used or how do I make it work if not?

thanks 
ant

baldur
Fast

03-10-2018, 05:18 PM #2
You are right in your assumptions except the alternator requires a certain wattage light bulb for the D+ terminal. It may not work with a LED alone. I'd say at least 2 watts. Maybe as much as 5 is needed.

Baldur

Baldur Gislason

baldur
03-10-2018, 05:18 PM #2

You are right in your assumptions except the alternator requires a certain wattage light bulb for the D+ terminal. It may not work with a LED alone. I'd say at least 2 watts. Maybe as much as 5 is needed.

Baldur

Baldur Gislason

Mallinman
GT2256V

03-11-2018, 05:03 AM #3
The wiring diagrams in the back of the Haynes manual are quite useful. I managed to get lucky with mine and just rewired the alternater with all the L200 wiring and it worked straight away. On mine the charge lights are powered by etacs ecu which is all positive and needs to be activated by the earth. It all works fine.

Mitsubishi L200 manual om605  
7.5mm Bosch 044 fed pump 
Borgwarner S200 
Mallinman
03-11-2018, 05:03 AM #3

The wiring diagrams in the back of the Haynes manual are quite useful. I managed to get lucky with mine and just rewired the alternater with all the L200 wiring and it worked straight away. On mine the charge lights are powered by etacs ecu which is all positive and needs to be activated by the earth. It all works fine.

Mitsubishi L200 manual om605  
7.5mm Bosch 044 fed pump 
Borgwarner S200 

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

03-11-2018, 03:00 PM #4
Thank you baldur I may need to fit a hidden light behind the clocks inline with the LED dash light or a load resistor like you fit when you add led indicator lights??

Mallinman I don't have the manual but I may need to now, the thing is I'm putting the engine in a landrover using the tdci puma wiring with td5 warning lights so everything was ecu controlled and the digital dash I'm using takes a feed from w terminal.
Antonytriolo
03-11-2018, 03:00 PM #4

Thank you baldur I may need to fit a hidden light behind the clocks inline with the LED dash light or a load resistor like you fit when you add led indicator lights??

Mallinman I don't have the manual but I may need to now, the thing is I'm putting the engine in a landrover using the tdci puma wiring with td5 warning lights so everything was ecu controlled and the digital dash I'm using takes a feed from w terminal.

baldur
Fast

03-11-2018, 03:41 PM #5
(03-11-2018, 03:00 PM)Antonytriolo Thank you baldur I may need to fit a hidden light behind the clocks inline with the LED dash light or a load resistor like you fit when you add led indicator lights??

A load resistor in parallel will do the job. On the transition to LED dashboard lights that's exactly what the manufacturers did on cars that still used that type of regulator.

Baldur Gislason

baldur
03-11-2018, 03:41 PM #5

(03-11-2018, 03:00 PM)Antonytriolo Thank you baldur I may need to fit a hidden light behind the clocks inline with the LED dash light or a load resistor like you fit when you add led indicator lights??

A load resistor in parallel will do the job. On the transition to LED dashboard lights that's exactly what the manufacturers did on cars that still used that type of regulator.

Baldur Gislason

Antonytriolo
Naturally-aspirated

03-11-2018, 03:54 PM #6
Ok need to find one that will work now.
And how will I get around my panel light being illuminated by earth or is that how they work anyway?
The warning light panel has a ignition feed and earth then all the lights are either lit up using a live eg indicators and full beam telltale and the battery warning is turned on by earth.
Antonytriolo
03-11-2018, 03:54 PM #6

Ok need to find one that will work now.
And how will I get around my panel light being illuminated by earth or is that how they work anyway?
The warning light panel has a ignition feed and earth then all the lights are either lit up using a live eg indicators and full beam telltale and the battery warning is turned on by earth.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average