STD Tuning Engine oil bypass filter system

oil bypass filter system

oil bypass filter system

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

W116Lorinser
OM617.95

01-13-2011, 12:47 AM #1
just a quick question for the guys who have done this.

Do i just run the return hose from the bypass line to my oil cap on the valve cover after drilling the cap and installing a fitting.

And where would i run the oil supply line? would i have to tap the oil filter housing?

thanks
W116Lorinser
01-13-2011, 12:47 AM #1

just a quick question for the guys who have done this.

Do i just run the return hose from the bypass line to my oil cap on the valve cover after drilling the cap and installing a fitting.

And where would i run the oil supply line? would i have to tap the oil filter housing?

thanks

ForcedInduction
Banned

01-13-2011, 09:12 AM #2
(01-13-2011, 12:47 AM)W116Lorinser Do i just run the return hose from the bypass line to my oil cap on the valve cover after drilling the cap and installing a fitting.
The return can be anywhere that is a lower pressure than the feed source.

Quote:And where would i run the oil supply line? would i have to tap the oil filter housing?
Any pressure source will work. You can tap a fitting into the turbo's banjo bolt for example.
ForcedInduction
01-13-2011, 09:12 AM #2

(01-13-2011, 12:47 AM)W116Lorinser Do i just run the return hose from the bypass line to my oil cap on the valve cover after drilling the cap and installing a fitting.
The return can be anywhere that is a lower pressure than the feed source.

Quote:And where would i run the oil supply line? would i have to tap the oil filter housing?
Any pressure source will work. You can tap a fitting into the turbo's banjo bolt for example.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average