STD Tuning Engine W124 300 turbo raising turbo press and modify IP

W124 300 turbo raising turbo press and modify IP

W124 300 turbo raising turbo press and modify IP

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

justcruisin
Naturally-aspirated

12-25-2010, 06:31 PM #1
Hello, I have a 92 w124 300tdt turbo 12v (with M-pump?) and looking for 50 extra horses.

I read about modifying the IP, but how do i know the diesel/air mix is right?

I was also wondering if i could raise the turbopressure a little of my original turbo since my turbo is ok and not looking for 500 bhp.

If so, how do i know the combination of these 2 mods are in balance?

Where to start? Raise the turbopress to an X value and then turn full load screw?

Could anyone give me a start? Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Edwin
This post was last modified: 12-25-2010, 07:13 PM by justcruisin.
justcruisin
12-25-2010, 06:31 PM #1

Hello, I have a 92 w124 300tdt turbo 12v (with M-pump?) and looking for 50 extra horses.

I read about modifying the IP, but how do i know the diesel/air mix is right?

I was also wondering if i could raise the turbopressure a little of my original turbo since my turbo is ok and not looking for 500 bhp.

If so, how do i know the combination of these 2 mods are in balance?

Where to start? Raise the turbopress to an X value and then turn full load screw?

Could anyone give me a start? Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Edwin

Jtn190D
MERCEDES DIESEL POWER!

12-25-2010, 08:05 PM #2
I believe the injection pump automaticly adjusts the fuel. You can't really flood a diesel it will just smoke a lot if its not getting enough air.

I'm sure someone here will chime in on it. Their good at it!
Jtn190D
12-25-2010, 08:05 PM #2

I believe the injection pump automaticly adjusts the fuel. You can't really flood a diesel it will just smoke a lot if its not getting enough air.

I'm sure someone here will chime in on it. Their good at it!

ForcedInduction
Banned

12-26-2010, 10:25 PM #3
Follow the adjustment guide at the top of the forum section and turn up boost to 14-16psi. You won't get 50hp without spending a few thousand $ on a high-output injection pump, the most you'll get is around 30-40.
ForcedInduction
12-26-2010, 10:25 PM #3

Follow the adjustment guide at the top of the forum section and turn up boost to 14-16psi. You won't get 50hp without spending a few thousand $ on a high-output injection pump, the most you'll get is around 30-40.

justcruisin
Naturally-aspirated

01-02-2011, 11:47 AM #4
I still can't find info on how to raise the stock KKK turbo pressure.

The M IP is not clearly visible in the photo's regarding the numbers of screws and their meaning.

Anyone got something more clear? 300TDT 1992 w124 kombi

justcruisin
01-02-2011, 11:47 AM #4

I still can't find info on how to raise the stock KKK turbo pressure.

The M IP is not clearly visible in the photo's regarding the numbers of screws and their meaning.

erling66
SuperDieselVan

01-02-2011, 01:44 PM #5
(01-02-2011, 11:47 AM)justcruisin I still can't find info on how to raise the stock KKK turbo pressure.

My recommendation is to study the parts mentioned. Find out how the wast-gate work and then you will know how to adjust the boost pressure. To gain power this way is much more interesting(and educating) than just to follow someone else's tip.

The photos you see of the M IP is of the back of the pump with the cover removed. Every info you need is written there. I doubt you will find anything more informative than that tread.
You can of course take the pump apart and study it but that is only recommended if you are a trained mechanic.
erling66
01-02-2011, 01:44 PM #5

(01-02-2011, 11:47 AM)justcruisin I still can't find info on how to raise the stock KKK turbo pressure.

My recommendation is to study the parts mentioned. Find out how the wast-gate work and then you will know how to adjust the boost pressure. To gain power this way is much more interesting(and educating) than just to follow someone else's tip.

The photos you see of the M IP is of the back of the pump with the cover removed. Every info you need is written there. I doubt you will find anything more informative than that tread.
You can of course take the pump apart and study it but that is only recommended if you are a trained mechanic.

tomnik
Holset

01-02-2011, 03:39 PM #6
Hi,

for modifying the pump you might contact DPP in the Netherlands.
Depending on the air that is actually supplied you can adjust the fuel quantity (full load adjustment and ALDA) on your pump.
Up to now there are no numbers what to adjust (depending on different set ups of air supply) but you can go for about 15-20% more fuel delivery with even stock engine by using larger elements.
I have the same car, still stock engine with 7.5mm element pump.
I can't tell you how much fuel it delivers right now but I started low to avoid smoke.
The correct way is to increase fuel until it starts to smoke and then take the pump out and verify delivery on the bench.

Tom

tomnik
01-02-2011, 03:39 PM #6

Hi,

for modifying the pump you might contact DPP in the Netherlands.
Depending on the air that is actually supplied you can adjust the fuel quantity (full load adjustment and ALDA) on your pump.
Up to now there are no numbers what to adjust (depending on different set ups of air supply) but you can go for about 15-20% more fuel delivery with even stock engine by using larger elements.
I have the same car, still stock engine with 7.5mm element pump.
I can't tell you how much fuel it delivers right now but I started low to avoid smoke.
The correct way is to increase fuel until it starts to smoke and then take the pump out and verify delivery on the bench.

Tom

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average