STD Tuning Engine OM603 semi-super pump testing, fitted with Bosch 6.0mm elements

OM603 semi-super pump testing, fitted with Bosch 6.0mm elements

OM603 semi-super pump testing, fitted with Bosch 6.0mm elements

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

gsxr
Gone to the M119 dark side

12-22-2010, 01:07 PM #1
Several years ago I got the bright idea to try installing the Bosch 6.0mm elements from the 606.962 turbo IP, into my 603.960 IP. In theory, this should have provided about the same power as a "chipped" W210 E300 turbo, or 210-220hp at the crank (170-180hp at the wheels). I picked up a used 606 pump as a donor for the elements and also a spare 603 pump to use as a core. I'll spare the long story as to what transpired between then and now (several years, lots of waiting) but I finally received a completed, working 603 pump with 6mm elements in September 2010. This was largely due to the generous assistance of an MB owner/enthusiast in WA who happened to have a friend that works at a Bosch shop. (I will update this post with the name & contact info for the shop, after confirming that they are willing to have this information posted publicly.)

Prior to the pump build & swap, I did dyno runs with a stock rebuilt injection pump, which show the stock fuel cutoff hits sharply around 4750rpm, drastically limiting power above that point. I also did a dyno run with a different maxed-out stock pump, and did testing from 0-100mph with both configurations. Unfortunately the 0-100mph testing data is slightly skewed because in the meantime, I installed LSD and larger brakes on the car, which take a bit of power to spin due to the increased rotational weight. So, the test data shows minimal performance gain between the stock pump turned up 0.5 turns vs 2.0 turns. However this isn't quite true, it did make more power since the car was slightly quicker despite the weight penalty. I'll add the dyno & performance data later, I need to compile it into an easier-to-read format.

Anyway: When maxing out the stock pump, both Casey and myself found that beyond +1.5 turns there were driveability issues, mostly that the engine would not always return to idle, and it was hard to start. So although I did test a +2.0 turns, I went back to approx +1.5 turns as the most which retained normal starting / idling. There was very little, if any, difference in power between +1.5 and +2.0 turns. Although I don't have an intercooler on the car, I do have IAT, EGT, and boost gauges. With the stock pump maxed out, EGT's would reach about 1300°F by approx 100mph (approx 30 seconds of WOT). Turbo is stock KKK, exhaust is stock but the oxidation cat fell off and resonator (middle muffler) was replaced with a straight pipe. Injectors have new #314 nozzles and are recent / balanced / etc.

I got the Bosch spec sheets for the 603.960 and 606.962 pumps, and while it's mostly in ancient Greek and Egyptian hieroglyphics, I did notice some oddities: I found it interesting that the fuel quantity wasn't linear between the two pumps. Spec sheets say ~51cc for 110kw on the 603 (0.464 cc per kw), while the 606 shows 64cc for 130kw (0.492 cc per kw). I don't get why 606 specs more fuel per kw/hp. In general the sheets are fascinating, the 603 sheet appears to indicate that 34cc of fuel is delivered at 2000rpm with no boost, increasing to ~51cc of fuel at 3200rpm with full boost, but that it drops to ~49cc at 4400rpm with full boost! The 606 pump makes more sense... 55cc @ 1000rpm, 60cc @ 2000rpm, and 64cc @ 4400rpm (no boost reference since it's all electronic). I can't figure why the 603 pump spec actually seems to reduce fuel delivery before the peak power RPM. Also of interest is that the 603 pump idle spec is ~6cc, but the 606 idle spec is nearly double that at 12cc. I suspect this could be due to camshaft profile differences, but still, twice the quantity at idle? Strange. The hybrid pump dialed in a ~79cc with 16.5mm of rack, spread was 1.6cc. The ALDA would pull about 25cc with no boost signal. Idle was 6.1cc (in spec), spread of 0.7cc. On paper, it looked great.

Installing the hybrid pump was straightforward, I set IP timing slightly advanced from spec (about 13.5° ATDC via RIV method, spec is 14°). The good news is, the pump starts and idles like stock - absolutely zero issues with returning to idle, or starting (cold or hot). Initial test drives showed much more power with much less throttle travel, which was expected. I had to turn up the transmission vac modulator 2 full turns to get good part-throttle shifts. Part throttle upshifts are way too early, but that's a separate hassle (if I adjust the Bowden cable to make the shifts correct, it causes other problems - more on that later, probably in a separate thread). Boost builds FAST, I mean it would peg the boost gauge to 15psi in a couple of seconds at ~2/3 throttle. There was little to no smoke except at WOT at higher RPM, then it would smoke noticeably. Boost peaked at 15psi, maybe a bit more.

Smoke = lack of air. I tried turning up the wastegate, which is adjustable on the KKK. At first I did 3 turns on the setscrew. But the car made less power, and less part-throttle boost. I mean a LOT less. At 2/3 part throttle, instead of shooting to 15psi like previously, it would slowly climb to 15-18psi. The change was obvious. Peak boost did increase (I saw spikes to 23psi at upshift time) but the part throttle loss was awful. The KKK wastegate operates much differently than the usual Garrett, it's hard to explain, but I think this is what caused the odd behavior. At any rate, I ended up with a final setting of +2.0 turns on the wastegate, this provided more boost than stock, without the loss of part-throttle power. Unfortunately, it's still not enough air. Although peak boost is ~20psi or so, as RPM's climb under load you can clearly see the boost drop off. It drops from 15-18psi back down to about 12-13psi near redline in lower gears, and from 20psi down to 15psi near redline in 3rd gear. Again, I think it's the funky KKK wastegate design, it's not happy operating outside the design specs.

Here are videos of the gauges during WOT runs. The first video (9MB) was taken prior to the final wastegate adjustment and shows slightly lower boost levels. The largest video (38MB) is the best, if you have the time to download it, and shows the current boost level:
http://www.w124performance.com/movies/Me...1987_300D/

I can't test past 80mph at the moment due to high EGT's... as you can see in the video, they hit a bit over 1400F by 80-85mph. I'm not comfortable with those temps. I need to get more air in there. My options are:

1) Swap in a 3.5L 0.55-trim Garrett turbo, which I have on the shelf. Hopefully the Garrett wastegate won't cause the weird loss of boost like the KKK. This should (in theory) be a straight swap with minimal mods.

2) Add a small side-mount intercooler. I have a 300ZX IC that should work perfectly, although it's rather small. But it should help at least a little. I can't add a large front-mount unit like Casey did without cutting the bumper (or swapping on an AMG bumper). That is in the long-term plans, but I'm not going to do that anytime soon.

Summary of acceleration times:
0-60 = 10.7 sec, 0-80 = 19.5 sec (stock IP)
0-60 = 9.3 sec, 0-80 = 16.3 sec (maxed-out stock IP)
0-60 = 8.6 sec, 0-80 = 14.9 sec (hybrid IP, but smoking = lack of air)

Comments? Any ideas on how to get EGT's down without headers, big IC's, water injection (already tried that - waste of time), or giant aftermarket turbos?

Additional performance data & dyno graphs will be added eventually - stay tuned.

Smile
This post was last modified: 03-05-2011, 04:42 PM by gsxr.

Dave M.
Boise, ID, USA

1997 E420 - 149kmi (Bugeyes)
1994 E420 - 136kmi (Blondie)
1994 E500 - 116kmi (Q-ship)
1992 500E - 179kmi (Mach 5)
1987 300D - 330kmi (Sportline Stage 2)
Click here for my website!
gsxr
12-22-2010, 01:07 PM #1

Several years ago I got the bright idea to try installing the Bosch 6.0mm elements from the 606.962 turbo IP, into my 603.960 IP. In theory, this should have provided about the same power as a "chipped" W210 E300 turbo, or 210-220hp at the crank (170-180hp at the wheels). I picked up a used 606 pump as a donor for the elements and also a spare 603 pump to use as a core. I'll spare the long story as to what transpired between then and now (several years, lots of waiting) but I finally received a completed, working 603 pump with 6mm elements in September 2010. This was largely due to the generous assistance of an MB owner/enthusiast in WA who happened to have a friend that works at a Bosch shop. (I will update this post with the name & contact info for the shop, after confirming that they are willing to have this information posted publicly.)

Prior to the pump build & swap, I did dyno runs with a stock rebuilt injection pump, which show the stock fuel cutoff hits sharply around 4750rpm, drastically limiting power above that point. I also did a dyno run with a different maxed-out stock pump, and did testing from 0-100mph with both configurations. Unfortunately the 0-100mph testing data is slightly skewed because in the meantime, I installed LSD and larger brakes on the car, which take a bit of power to spin due to the increased rotational weight. So, the test data shows minimal performance gain between the stock pump turned up 0.5 turns vs 2.0 turns. However this isn't quite true, it did make more power since the car was slightly quicker despite the weight penalty. I'll add the dyno & performance data later, I need to compile it into an easier-to-read format.

Anyway: When maxing out the stock pump, both Casey and myself found that beyond +1.5 turns there were driveability issues, mostly that the engine would not always return to idle, and it was hard to start. So although I did test a +2.0 turns, I went back to approx +1.5 turns as the most which retained normal starting / idling. There was very little, if any, difference in power between +1.5 and +2.0 turns. Although I don't have an intercooler on the car, I do have IAT, EGT, and boost gauges. With the stock pump maxed out, EGT's would reach about 1300°F by approx 100mph (approx 30 seconds of WOT). Turbo is stock KKK, exhaust is stock but the oxidation cat fell off and resonator (middle muffler) was replaced with a straight pipe. Injectors have new #314 nozzles and are recent / balanced / etc.

I got the Bosch spec sheets for the 603.960 and 606.962 pumps, and while it's mostly in ancient Greek and Egyptian hieroglyphics, I did notice some oddities: I found it interesting that the fuel quantity wasn't linear between the two pumps. Spec sheets say ~51cc for 110kw on the 603 (0.464 cc per kw), while the 606 shows 64cc for 130kw (0.492 cc per kw). I don't get why 606 specs more fuel per kw/hp. In general the sheets are fascinating, the 603 sheet appears to indicate that 34cc of fuel is delivered at 2000rpm with no boost, increasing to ~51cc of fuel at 3200rpm with full boost, but that it drops to ~49cc at 4400rpm with full boost! The 606 pump makes more sense... 55cc @ 1000rpm, 60cc @ 2000rpm, and 64cc @ 4400rpm (no boost reference since it's all electronic). I can't figure why the 603 pump spec actually seems to reduce fuel delivery before the peak power RPM. Also of interest is that the 603 pump idle spec is ~6cc, but the 606 idle spec is nearly double that at 12cc. I suspect this could be due to camshaft profile differences, but still, twice the quantity at idle? Strange. The hybrid pump dialed in a ~79cc with 16.5mm of rack, spread was 1.6cc. The ALDA would pull about 25cc with no boost signal. Idle was 6.1cc (in spec), spread of 0.7cc. On paper, it looked great.

Installing the hybrid pump was straightforward, I set IP timing slightly advanced from spec (about 13.5° ATDC via RIV method, spec is 14°). The good news is, the pump starts and idles like stock - absolutely zero issues with returning to idle, or starting (cold or hot). Initial test drives showed much more power with much less throttle travel, which was expected. I had to turn up the transmission vac modulator 2 full turns to get good part-throttle shifts. Part throttle upshifts are way too early, but that's a separate hassle (if I adjust the Bowden cable to make the shifts correct, it causes other problems - more on that later, probably in a separate thread). Boost builds FAST, I mean it would peg the boost gauge to 15psi in a couple of seconds at ~2/3 throttle. There was little to no smoke except at WOT at higher RPM, then it would smoke noticeably. Boost peaked at 15psi, maybe a bit more.

Smoke = lack of air. I tried turning up the wastegate, which is adjustable on the KKK. At first I did 3 turns on the setscrew. But the car made less power, and less part-throttle boost. I mean a LOT less. At 2/3 part throttle, instead of shooting to 15psi like previously, it would slowly climb to 15-18psi. The change was obvious. Peak boost did increase (I saw spikes to 23psi at upshift time) but the part throttle loss was awful. The KKK wastegate operates much differently than the usual Garrett, it's hard to explain, but I think this is what caused the odd behavior. At any rate, I ended up with a final setting of +2.0 turns on the wastegate, this provided more boost than stock, without the loss of part-throttle power. Unfortunately, it's still not enough air. Although peak boost is ~20psi or so, as RPM's climb under load you can clearly see the boost drop off. It drops from 15-18psi back down to about 12-13psi near redline in lower gears, and from 20psi down to 15psi near redline in 3rd gear. Again, I think it's the funky KKK wastegate design, it's not happy operating outside the design specs.

Here are videos of the gauges during WOT runs. The first video (9MB) was taken prior to the final wastegate adjustment and shows slightly lower boost levels. The largest video (38MB) is the best, if you have the time to download it, and shows the current boost level:
http://www.w124performance.com/movies/Me...1987_300D/

I can't test past 80mph at the moment due to high EGT's... as you can see in the video, they hit a bit over 1400F by 80-85mph. I'm not comfortable with those temps. I need to get more air in there. My options are:

1) Swap in a 3.5L 0.55-trim Garrett turbo, which I have on the shelf. Hopefully the Garrett wastegate won't cause the weird loss of boost like the KKK. This should (in theory) be a straight swap with minimal mods.

2) Add a small side-mount intercooler. I have a 300ZX IC that should work perfectly, although it's rather small. But it should help at least a little. I can't add a large front-mount unit like Casey did without cutting the bumper (or swapping on an AMG bumper). That is in the long-term plans, but I'm not going to do that anytime soon.

0-60 = 10.7 sec, 0-80 = 19.5 sec (stock IP)
0-60 = 9.3 sec, 0-80 = 16.3 sec (maxed-out stock IP)
0-60 = 8.6 sec, 0-80 = 14.9 sec (hybrid IP, but smoking = lack of air)

Comments? Any ideas on how to get EGT's down without headers, big IC's, water injection (already tried that - waste of time), or giant aftermarket turbos?

Additional performance data & dyno graphs will be added eventually - stay tuned.

Smile

Dave M.
Boise, ID, USA

winmutt
bitbanger

12-22-2010, 01:26 PM #2
All this and the vids are in .mov! I will have to look when I get home.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
12-22-2010, 01:26 PM #2

All this and the vids are in .mov! I will have to look when I get home.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
OBK #42

jonbobshinigin
Holset

12-23-2010, 03:23 PM #3
I am ready to see some 0-60 times!

1987 300TDT - 260,000 Miles
>>275HP OM603 Project Profile here<<

jonbobshinigin
12-23-2010, 03:23 PM #3

I am ready to see some 0-60 times!

gsxr

12-23-2010, 03:50 PM #4
First post has been updated with 0-60 data. Note that all testing is done at 2400' elevation, the car would launch quicker at sea level. Also, as mentioned in the second paragraph of the first post, the maxed-out stock IP and hybrid IP were tested with larger brakes and LSD installed, and the weight penalty is making it look like the mods didn't provide as much gain as they should. They dyno graphs will all be with the big brakes and LSD so it will be a more fair comparison.

BTW, photos of the weird KKK wastegate are on my website at this link:
http://www.w124performance.com/images/OM603_exhaust/

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why boost wouldn't build when I adjusted the setscrew in 1 turn too far. I'd have thought that if the wastegate was stuck closed, it would build boost (off idle) just as fast, not slower. ?????

Tongue
gsxr
12-23-2010, 03:50 PM #4

First post has been updated with 0-60 data. Note that all testing is done at 2400' elevation, the car would launch quicker at sea level. Also, as mentioned in the second paragraph of the first post, the maxed-out stock IP and hybrid IP were tested with larger brakes and LSD installed, and the weight penalty is making it look like the mods didn't provide as much gain as they should. They dyno graphs will all be with the big brakes and LSD so it will be a more fair comparison.

BTW, photos of the weird KKK wastegate are on my website at this link:
http://www.w124performance.com/images/OM603_exhaust/

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why boost wouldn't build when I adjusted the setscrew in 1 turn too far. I'd have thought that if the wastegate was stuck closed, it would build boost (off idle) just as fast, not slower. ?????

Tongue

E300TSC
Turbo-Supercharged

12-23-2010, 05:22 PM #5
(12-22-2010, 01:26 PM)winmutt All this and the vids are in .mov! I will have to look when I get home.

Dude... VLC Media Player. That is all...

1998 MB E300 - 194,000 miles. Current/future mods: 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 Turbo feeding Eaton M90 supercharger through custom fabbed intake system. Aeroturbine muffler, scratch-built 4" stainless exhaust. EGR eliminated, ECM recalibrated, modified rack position feedback circuit. Porterfield RS brake pads, Bilstein sport shocks, VDO EGT, oil and boost gauges.

2000 Ford F250 - 150,000 miles. Current/future mods: DP Tuner 3 map chip, scratch-built high flow intake, high output IDM, open circuit fuel system, ball bearing turbo, South Bend full metal clutch, slotted and drilled rotors. Autometer Sport Comp EGT and boost gauges.
E300TSC
12-23-2010, 05:22 PM #5

(12-22-2010, 01:26 PM)winmutt All this and the vids are in .mov! I will have to look when I get home.

1998 MB E300 - 194,000 miles. Current/future mods: 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 Turbo feeding Eaton M90 supercharger through custom fabbed intake system. Aeroturbine muffler, scratch-built 4" stainless exhaust. EGR eliminated, ECM recalibrated, modified rack position feedback circuit. Porterfield RS brake pads, Bilstein sport shocks, VDO EGT, oil and boost gauges.

2000 Ford F250 - 150,000 miles. Current/future mods: DP Tuner 3 map chip, scratch-built high flow intake, high output IDM, open circuit fuel system, ball bearing turbo, South Bend full metal clutch, slotted and drilled rotors. Autometer Sport Comp EGT and boost gauges.

300D50
Graphite Moderator, ala RBMK

12-23-2010, 06:27 PM #6
Arcmedia on android does .mov as well. Smile

1990 Power Ram 50 V6 SOHC 24V 6g72

I can be wrong, don't take everything I say as verbatim, please fact-check first.
My posts are my personal opinions and thoughts, unless otherwise noted.
300D50
12-23-2010, 06:27 PM #6

Arcmedia on android does .mov as well. Smile

1990 Power Ram 50 V6 SOHC 24V 6g72

I can be wrong, don't take everything I say as verbatim, please fact-check first.
My posts are my personal opinions and thoughts, unless otherwise noted.

tomnik
Holset

12-24-2010, 02:23 AM #7
(12-23-2010, 03:50 PM)gsxr I'm still trying to wrap my head around why boost wouldn't build when I adjusted the setscrew in 1 turn too far. I'd have thought that if the wastegate was stuck closed, it would build boost (off idle) just as fast, not slower. ?????
Tongue

stuck open?

Tom
tomnik
12-24-2010, 02:23 AM #7

(12-23-2010, 03:50 PM)gsxr I'm still trying to wrap my head around why boost wouldn't build when I adjusted the setscrew in 1 turn too far. I'd have thought that if the wastegate was stuck closed, it would build boost (off idle) just as fast, not slower. ?????
Tongue

stuck open?

Tom

ForcedInduction
Banned

12-24-2010, 08:55 AM #8
You could try drilling out the bleed orifice on the WG body and threading it to accept a needle valve. That will keep the valve closed longer and give a little more adjustment range. Or even brazing a counter-boost fitting onto the atmosphere side of the actuator.
This post was last modified: 12-24-2010, 08:59 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
12-24-2010, 08:55 AM #8

You could try drilling out the bleed orifice on the WG body and threading it to accept a needle valve. That will keep the valve closed longer and give a little more adjustment range. Or even brazing a counter-boost fitting onto the atmosphere side of the actuator.

gsxr

12-24-2010, 03:56 PM #9
See attached graphs.

Rear wheel numbers are divide numbers by 0.82 to get estimated crankshaft HP:

115hp / 160tq at wheels, uncorrected, stock IP
141hp / 201tq at wheels, uncorrected, hybrid IP

140hp / 195tq at crank, uncorrected, stock IP
172hp / 245tq at crank, uncorrected, hybrid IP

EGT's remained below 1300 (maybe under 1200) on the dyno, no worries there. Did two pulls, the runs were nearly identical. I'm not convinced that correction factors (SAE or otherwise) should apply to turbocharged applications, so I'm sticking with uncorrected / raw rear-wheel numbers for now. The numbers are even higher when a correction factor is applied. Winter blend fuel is probably costing a few HP, ditto for the heavier brakes, wheels, tires, and diff.

Note how power stops climbing around 4000rpm due to lack of air...the boost pressure drops past this point and power slides down with it. Too bad the dyno doesn't have a boost pressure input, I'd love to see a boost curve graphed along with the power. Need bigger turbo!

Confused
This post was last modified: 12-24-2010, 09:54 PM by gsxr.
Attached Files
Image(s)

gsxr
12-24-2010, 03:56 PM #9

See attached graphs.

Rear wheel numbers are divide numbers by 0.82 to get estimated crankshaft HP:

EGT's remained below 1300 (maybe under 1200) on the dyno, no worries there. Did two pulls, the runs were nearly identical. I'm not convinced that correction factors (SAE or otherwise) should apply to turbocharged applications, so I'm sticking with uncorrected / raw rear-wheel numbers for now. The numbers are even higher when a correction factor is applied. Winter blend fuel is probably costing a few HP, ditto for the heavier brakes, wheels, tires, and diff.

Note how power stops climbing around 4000rpm due to lack of air...the boost pressure drops past this point and power slides down with it. Too bad the dyno doesn't have a boost pressure input, I'd love to see a boost curve graphed along with the power. Need bigger turbo!

Confused

Attached Files
Image(s)

George3soccer
Holset

12-24-2010, 08:09 PM #10
Interesting number now put on a larger turbo and see what the 6 mm elements run out of fuel. Don't forget a IC.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 1986 w201 190E 2.3-16v
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
12-24-2010, 08:09 PM #10

Interesting number now put on a larger turbo and see what the 6 mm elements run out of fuel. Don't forget a IC.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

gsxr

12-24-2010, 09:52 PM #11
(12-24-2010, 08:09 PM)George3soccer Interesting number now put on a larger turbo and see what the 6 mm elements run out of fuel. Don't forget a IC.
On the test bench, the 6mm setup puts out almost exactly 50% more fuel than stock, so in theory it should make about 175rwhp (210 crank hp) when fed enough air. It's looking like the .971 turbo I have will be a real pain to install, so it will probably be a while before I'll have that done - need to collect a few more parts first.

gsxr
12-24-2010, 09:52 PM #11

(12-24-2010, 08:09 PM)George3soccer Interesting number now put on a larger turbo and see what the 6 mm elements run out of fuel. Don't forget a IC.
On the test bench, the 6mm setup puts out almost exactly 50% more fuel than stock, so in theory it should make about 175rwhp (210 crank hp) when fed enough air. It's looking like the .971 turbo I have will be a real pain to install, so it will probably be a while before I'll have that done - need to collect a few more parts first.

jeemu
&quot;some people do, some people talk.&quot;

12-25-2010, 04:23 AM #12
My friend test 6mm elements on om603 with Garrett GT32 he get 232hp/415nm. This was 2007.

OM605 600hp diesel drag car build with BMW E30 chassis
jeemu
12-25-2010, 04:23 AM #12

My friend test 6mm elements on om603 with Garrett GT32 he get 232hp/415nm. This was 2007.

diesel_fitter
Naturally-aspirated

12-25-2010, 04:41 AM #13
(12-25-2010, 04:23 AM)jeemu My friend test 6mm elements on om603 with Garrett GT32 he get 232hp/415nm. This was 2007.

Awesome Jeemu. Thanks for posting! Can you comment on the spool?
This post was last modified: 12-25-2010, 04:47 AM by diesel_fitter.
diesel_fitter
12-25-2010, 04:41 AM #13

(12-25-2010, 04:23 AM)jeemu My friend test 6mm elements on om603 with Garrett GT32 he get 232hp/415nm. This was 2007.

jeemu

12-25-2010, 04:57 AM #14
(12-25-2010, 04:41 AM)diesel_fitter

No, just remember at he say it spools wery fast.
He used 1.7bar boost. max hp/4300rpm and max nm/2800rpm

jeemu
12-25-2010, 04:57 AM #14

diesel_fitter
Naturally-aspirated

12-25-2010, 05:18 AM #15
(12-25-2010, 04:57 AM)jeemu

What ya think GSxr? That is a T3 flange to yield 24psi and 330ish ft/lbs on the tranny. I think I like those numbers! So much room for an water/air intercooler too.
The American 300 SDL that I am so fond of putting out those numbers would suck up so much western scenery in a weekend Jeemu it would be glorious I tell you! Just glorious.
This post was last modified: 12-25-2010, 05:29 AM by diesel_fitter.
diesel_fitter
12-25-2010, 05:18 AM #15

(12-25-2010, 04:57 AM)jeemu

What ya think GSxr? That is a T3 flange to yield 24psi and 330ish ft/lbs on the tranny. I think I like those numbers! So much room for an water/air intercooler too.
The American 300 SDL that I am so fond of putting out those numbers would suck up so much western scenery in a weekend Jeemu it would be glorious I tell you! Just glorious.

gsxr

12-25-2010, 11:51 AM #16
(12-25-2010, 04:57 AM)jeemu My friend test 6mm elements on om603 with Garrett GT32 he get 232hp/415nm. This was 2007. ... just remember at he say it spools wery fast.
Cool! This is exactly what I am looking for from my engine. Did he use the stock iron exhaust manifold, or custom headers? Any intercooler? I'd love to see photos of this setup!

Big Grin
gsxr
12-25-2010, 11:51 AM #16

(12-25-2010, 04:57 AM)jeemu My friend test 6mm elements on om603 with Garrett GT32 he get 232hp/415nm. This was 2007. ... just remember at he say it spools wery fast.
Cool! This is exactly what I am looking for from my engine. Did he use the stock iron exhaust manifold, or custom headers? Any intercooler? I'd love to see photos of this setup!

Big Grin

MJF
K26-2

12-25-2010, 12:26 PM #17
(12-25-2010, 11:51 AM)gsxr Cool! This is exactly what I am looking for from my engine. Did he use the stock iron exhaust manifold, or custom headers? Any intercooler? I'd love to see photos of this setup!

Big Grin

[Image: 05102007299du9.jpg]
[Image: 05102007293la0.jpg]
[Image: 06102007303za7.jpg]
[Image: 20022008410qr3.jpg]
[Image: 211_scan_1.jpg]

1/4 mile was with 7mm pump. It´s 4-matic.

This post was last modified: 12-25-2010, 12:30 PM by MJF.
MJF
12-25-2010, 12:26 PM #17

(12-25-2010, 11:51 AM)gsxr Cool! This is exactly what I am looking for from my engine. Did he use the stock iron exhaust manifold, or custom headers? Any intercooler? I'd love to see photos of this setup!

Big Grin

[Image: 05102007299du9.jpg]
[Image: 05102007293la0.jpg]
[Image: 06102007303za7.jpg]
[Image: 20022008410qr3.jpg]
[Image: 211_scan_1.jpg]

1/4 mile was with 7mm pump. It´s 4-matic.

George3soccer
Holset

12-26-2010, 03:11 PM #18
Now that is very impresive, sure do love that its a 4matic.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
12-26-2010, 03:11 PM #18

Now that is very impresive, sure do love that its a 4matic.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

gsxr

12-26-2010, 04:30 PM #19
(12-25-2010, 12:26 PM)MJF 1/4 mile was with 7mm pump. It´s 4-matic.
Wow... 13.9 @ 98mph! What kind of power are you making with the 7mm elements? I assume that's a Myna Diesel pump on there now? Do you still have the GT32 turbo, or has the turbo been upgraded as well?

Smile

gsxr
12-26-2010, 04:30 PM #19

(12-25-2010, 12:26 PM)MJF 1/4 mile was with 7mm pump. It´s 4-matic.
Wow... 13.9 @ 98mph! What kind of power are you making with the 7mm elements? I assume that's a Myna Diesel pump on there now? Do you still have the GT32 turbo, or has the turbo been upgraded as well?

Smile

MJF
K26-2

12-26-2010, 05:13 PM #20
That's not my car, but I know the builder. He has sold that long ago. I don't remember hearing if it was dynoed with 7mm mynä pump, does Jeemu know? It had only gt32. There is small project topic of this cas at mersuforum.
MJF
12-26-2010, 05:13 PM #20

That's not my car, but I know the builder. He has sold that long ago. I don't remember hearing if it was dynoed with 7mm mynä pump, does Jeemu know? It had only gt32. There is small project topic of this cas at mersuforum.

jeemu

12-26-2010, 05:33 PM #21
(12-26-2010, 05:13 PM)MJF That's not my car, but I know the builder. He has sold that long ago. I don't remember hearing if it was dynoed with 7mm mynä pump, does Jeemu know? It had only gt32. There is small project topic of this cas at mersuforum.
No he only dyno that 6mm ip. Then istalled 7mm and broplems started. Tranny, cylinderhead etc. Fixed and sold forward.

But that is good time quatermile on bad winter tyres and elefant weight car Big Grin

jeemu
12-26-2010, 05:33 PM #21

(12-26-2010, 05:13 PM)MJF That's not my car, but I know the builder. He has sold that long ago. I don't remember hearing if it was dynoed with 7mm mynä pump, does Jeemu know? It had only gt32. There is small project topic of this cas at mersuforum.
No he only dyno that 6mm ip. Then istalled 7mm and broplems started. Tranny, cylinderhead etc. Fixed and sold forward.

But that is good time quatermile on bad winter tyres and elefant weight car Big Grin

MJF
K26-2

12-26-2010, 06:17 PM #22
Yeah, too much torque with 7mm pump for transmission. Had a good laugh when he told he changed racing tires for quarter mile. Old winter tires, studs removed :lol:
MJF
12-26-2010, 06:17 PM #22

Yeah, too much torque with 7mm pump for transmission. Had a good laugh when he told he changed racing tires for quarter mile. Old winter tires, studs removed :lol:

winmutt
bitbanger

12-29-2010, 09:38 PM #23
(12-23-2010, 05:22 PM)E300TSC

I dont have mov support on linux by choice.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
OBK #42
winmutt
12-29-2010, 09:38 PM #23

(12-23-2010, 05:22 PM)E300TSC

I dont have mov support on linux by choice.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
OBK #42

jonbobshinigin
Holset

12-30-2010, 05:18 PM #24
Mmm...another Linux user? Nice VLC is very good! I assume you are against the proprietary nature of Apple like myself?

How much tuning did the shop have to do to the pump Dave? My thoughts were that Derv was doing a lot of research to make the pump work as it should which makes me thing that not just any shop, even one that does "stock" rebuild, could adjust these and get the settings correct.

With the idle being not so good on the Myna 7.0mm, maybe a Myna Build with the 7.5mm elements would be a good compromise because we can also have the adjustment which is desirable.

jonbobshinigin
12-30-2010, 05:18 PM #24

Mmm...another Linux user? Nice VLC is very good! I assume you are against the proprietary nature of Apple like myself?

How much tuning did the shop have to do to the pump Dave? My thoughts were that Derv was doing a lot of research to make the pump work as it should which makes me thing that not just any shop, even one that does "stock" rebuild, could adjust these and get the settings correct.

With the idle being not so good on the Myna 7.0mm, maybe a Myna Build with the 7.5mm elements would be a good compromise because we can also have the adjustment which is desirable.

gsxr

12-30-2010, 06:20 PM #25
(12-30-2010, 05:18 PM)jonbobshinigin How much tuning did the shop have to do to the pump Dave? My thoughts were that Derv was doing a lot of research to make the pump work as it should which makes me thing that not just any shop, even one that does "stock" rebuild, could adjust these and get the settings correct.
From what I understand, the 6mm elements in the M pump was pretty simple. It could be that 7.5mm elements would take more R&D to get dialed in, but 6.0mm was no problem. However, I was pretty specific on what I requested them to do; if you just handed a shop a pump with elements the results would likely depend on how sharp the tech is.

(12-30-2010, 05:18 PM)jonbobshinigin With the idle being not so good on the Myna 7.0mm, maybe a Myna Build with the 7.5mm elements would be a good compromise because we can also have the adjustment which is desirable.
That's a good point. It would likely be more expensive, but could have a good end result. I'm not sure if anyone is willing to spring for the ~$2k (USD) needed to find out though. I'd probably do it if I had the $$$, but I don't at the moment. Besides, I've gotta get more airflow before I can even think about upping the fueling...

Undecided
gsxr
12-30-2010, 06:20 PM #25

(12-30-2010, 05:18 PM)jonbobshinigin How much tuning did the shop have to do to the pump Dave? My thoughts were that Derv was doing a lot of research to make the pump work as it should which makes me thing that not just any shop, even one that does "stock" rebuild, could adjust these and get the settings correct.
From what I understand, the 6mm elements in the M pump was pretty simple. It could be that 7.5mm elements would take more R&D to get dialed in, but 6.0mm was no problem. However, I was pretty specific on what I requested them to do; if you just handed a shop a pump with elements the results would likely depend on how sharp the tech is.

(12-30-2010, 05:18 PM)jonbobshinigin With the idle being not so good on the Myna 7.0mm, maybe a Myna Build with the 7.5mm elements would be a good compromise because we can also have the adjustment which is desirable.
That's a good point. It would likely be more expensive, but could have a good end result. I'm not sure if anyone is willing to spring for the ~$2k (USD) needed to find out though. I'd probably do it if I had the $$$, but I don't at the moment. Besides, I've gotta get more airflow before I can even think about upping the fueling...

Undecided

jonbobshinigin
Holset

12-30-2010, 07:45 PM #26
I am with you. I have everything I need except intercooler and modified pump. Well, other than a transmission that will hold up, an AMG front bumper to house the intercooler, and time, money, experience and equipment, I'm set! Thanks so much Dave for being a pioneer. I love learning from other people's successes, and also failures :-)

I wonder if the 970 turbo is gonna do any better...I wonder how an HX35 would do?

jonbobshinigin
12-30-2010, 07:45 PM #26

I am with you. I have everything I need except intercooler and modified pump. Well, other than a transmission that will hold up, an AMG front bumper to house the intercooler, and time, money, experience and equipment, I'm set! Thanks so much Dave for being a pioneer. I love learning from other people's successes, and also failures :-)

I wonder if the 970 turbo is gonna do any better...I wonder how an HX35 would do?

tomnik
Holset

12-31-2010, 01:49 AM #27
I have the first Floyd pump running since this week in my 124 603a.
This pump was built in Berlin long time ago.
This guy in Berlin did not have any experience in Diesel but in mechanical petrol inline pumps.
It took quite a time until I had the pump back.
A M 5 cyl. pump with the same elements done somewhere else did show issues in idle return and idle smoke. Idle return was solved by reducing quantity on the adjustment screw but smoke stays.
On my 124 now I replaced the delivery valves to avoid post injection.
I used the ones for a M 7mm pump.
The engine is still stock so I reduced the quantity by 1.5 turns before I installed the pump. The delivery valves might also decrease the quantity a bit.
The only thing I had to do was to adjust idle.
The Berlin guy did not touch the ALDA this is why the car now is very weak from stop unless I press the pedal.
But pressing the pedal is impressive even with stock engine.
And no smoke at all!
Today I will adjust the ALDA (and tranny vac control).

Tom
tomnik
12-31-2010, 01:49 AM #27

I have the first Floyd pump running since this week in my 124 603a.
This pump was built in Berlin long time ago.
This guy in Berlin did not have any experience in Diesel but in mechanical petrol inline pumps.
It took quite a time until I had the pump back.
A M 5 cyl. pump with the same elements done somewhere else did show issues in idle return and idle smoke. Idle return was solved by reducing quantity on the adjustment screw but smoke stays.
On my 124 now I replaced the delivery valves to avoid post injection.
I used the ones for a M 7mm pump.
The engine is still stock so I reduced the quantity by 1.5 turns before I installed the pump. The delivery valves might also decrease the quantity a bit.
The only thing I had to do was to adjust idle.
The Berlin guy did not touch the ALDA this is why the car now is very weak from stop unless I press the pedal.
But pressing the pedal is impressive even with stock engine.
And no smoke at all!
Today I will adjust the ALDA (and tranny vac control).

Tom

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

12-31-2010, 11:05 AM #28
make a videoBig Grin
This post was last modified: 12-31-2010, 11:07 AM by willbhere4u.

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
12-31-2010, 11:05 AM #28

make a videoBig Grin

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running

gsxr

03-01-2011, 10:40 PM #29
Brief update:

I got the 3.5L (350SDL) Garrett turbo installed and running. Boost gauge shows 15psi (1psi less than the ~16psi I saw on the workbench). Good news is, the boost doesn't vary even a little at high RPM, it stays pegged at 15 (the stock KKK would always drift down as RPM's increased). Bad news is, I need more boost. I don't think there's enough adjustment range for the stock wastegate so I may leave it as-is at 15psi and try an external boost controller. I'm looking for 20-22psi. Adjusting the rod with the turbo installed looks like a RPITA.

For grins, I clamped off the wastegate hose and went for a drive. Boost went over 25psi (saw ~27 peak) under heavy throttle, although I didn't give it full throttle or high RPM's - didn't want to risk damaging anything with the wastegate sealed shut. But at least there appears to be decent capacity with the 3.5L turbo. IAT's climbed rapidly to 200-250F under these conditions, btw. The bigger turbo doesn't spool as quick as the little KKK but I kind of expected that.

I think this setup will allow steady peak boost at 20-22psi, which is great. But until I get it dialed in, the question remains if the additional airflow will solve my low power problem at high RPM's. Stay tuned...
gsxr
03-01-2011, 10:40 PM #29

Brief update:

I got the 3.5L (350SDL) Garrett turbo installed and running. Boost gauge shows 15psi (1psi less than the ~16psi I saw on the workbench). Good news is, the boost doesn't vary even a little at high RPM, it stays pegged at 15 (the stock KKK would always drift down as RPM's increased). Bad news is, I need more boost. I don't think there's enough adjustment range for the stock wastegate so I may leave it as-is at 15psi and try an external boost controller. I'm looking for 20-22psi. Adjusting the rod with the turbo installed looks like a RPITA.

For grins, I clamped off the wastegate hose and went for a drive. Boost went over 25psi (saw ~27 peak) under heavy throttle, although I didn't give it full throttle or high RPM's - didn't want to risk damaging anything with the wastegate sealed shut. But at least there appears to be decent capacity with the 3.5L turbo. IAT's climbed rapidly to 200-250F under these conditions, btw. The bigger turbo doesn't spool as quick as the little KKK but I kind of expected that.

I think this setup will allow steady peak boost at 20-22psi, which is great. But until I get it dialed in, the question remains if the additional airflow will solve my low power problem at high RPM's. Stay tuned...

gsxr

03-05-2011, 04:17 PM #30
I got the Hallman boost controller installed today. I pre-set it on the workbench and it was pretty close, about 20psi peak, dropping to about 18psi. Another turn of the knob got it to about 22psi peak, dropping to maybe 20psi. I haven't been able to watch it real closely under power though. I need to take a good video during a WOT run to capture the data. The good news is, the 3.5L turbo works waaaay better than the littler KKK. Big Grin

Anyway - with the boost turned up, the smoke appears to be gone at high RPM. The EGT's still get higher than I'd like but now I can hit over 90mph before EGT's make me lift. I think even a small IC might help out with that. AP-22 indicated power is up at least 20hp from previously with the stock turbo, so it might be 165-170hp at the wheels now. Launching with moderate power braking (to get the boost needle off zero) results in spinning both 225/45/17 tires (!!) if the pavement is not clean & dry. But, I was able to get a couple of test runs:

0-60 = 10.7 sec, 0-80 = 19.5 sec, 0-90 = 26.0 sec (stock IP)
0-60 = 9.3 sec, 0-80 = 16.3 sec, 0-90 = 21.9 sec (maxed-out stock IP)
0-60 = 8.6 sec, 0-80 = 14.9 sec, 0-90 = N/A (hybrid IP, stock KKK turbo @ 20psi)
0-60 = 7.7 sec, 0-80 = 13.4 sec, 0-90 = 17.1 sec (hybrid IP, 350SDL Garrett turbo @ 22psi)

Due to high EGT's, I could not test to 90mph with the stock turbo. I also forgot to test 1/4 mile data with the stock turbo, but with stock IP (maxed out) it was usually around 17.0 @ 80mph, today with the hybrid setup I got 15.9 @ 86mph, which ain't too shabby.

Coming soon: Dyno data and videos of the gauges at WOT. I'd like to test to 100mph (for comparison to stock) but I need to get EGT's down a bit more.

Cool
This post was last modified: 03-05-2011, 04:42 PM by gsxr.

Dave M.
Boise, ID, USA

gsxr
03-05-2011, 04:17 PM #30

I got the Hallman boost controller installed today. I pre-set it on the workbench and it was pretty close, about 20psi peak, dropping to about 18psi. Another turn of the knob got it to about 22psi peak, dropping to maybe 20psi. I haven't been able to watch it real closely under power though. I need to take a good video during a WOT run to capture the data. The good news is, the 3.5L turbo works waaaay better than the littler KKK. Big Grin

Anyway - with the boost turned up, the smoke appears to be gone at high RPM. The EGT's still get higher than I'd like but now I can hit over 90mph before EGT's make me lift. I think even a small IC might help out with that. AP-22 indicated power is up at least 20hp from previously with the stock turbo, so it might be 165-170hp at the wheels now. Launching with moderate power braking (to get the boost needle off zero) results in spinning both 225/45/17 tires (!!) if the pavement is not clean & dry. But, I was able to get a couple of test runs:

0-60 = 10.7 sec, 0-80 = 19.5 sec, 0-90 = 26.0 sec (stock IP)
0-60 = 9.3 sec, 0-80 = 16.3 sec, 0-90 = 21.9 sec (maxed-out stock IP)
0-60 = 8.6 sec, 0-80 = 14.9 sec, 0-90 = N/A (hybrid IP, stock KKK turbo @ 20psi)
0-60 = 7.7 sec, 0-80 = 13.4 sec, 0-90 = 17.1 sec (hybrid IP, 350SDL Garrett turbo @ 22psi)

Due to high EGT's, I could not test to 90mph with the stock turbo. I also forgot to test 1/4 mile data with the stock turbo, but with stock IP (maxed out) it was usually around 17.0 @ 80mph, today with the hybrid setup I got 15.9 @ 86mph, which ain't too shabby.

Coming soon: Dyno data and videos of the gauges at WOT. I'd like to test to 100mph (for comparison to stock) but I need to get EGT's down a bit more.

Cool

Dave M.
Boise, ID, USA

E300TSC
Turbo-Supercharged

03-05-2011, 10:18 PM #31
Great info Dave! This is shaping up nicely!

E300TSC
03-05-2011, 10:18 PM #31

Great info Dave! This is shaping up nicely!

gsxr

03-08-2011, 04:47 PM #32
I went to the dyno today - see attached graphs. Rear wheel numbers are divide numbers by 0.82 to get estimated crankshaft HP:

153hp / 205tq at wheels, uncorrected, hybrid IP, 350SDL turbo

187hp / 250tq at crank, uncorrected, hybrid IP, 350SDL turbo

Some comments:

1) The power curve is much better now, the shape follows the stock curve, which is good - doesn't taper off like with the KKK.

2) Boost pressure remains above 20psi to redline, which is also good. However IAT's are off the hook! Near 5000rpm I saw 300°F IAT on the dyno. Yikes! Need an IC to cool things down. Exclamation

3) There is noticeable smoke at low RPM's until boost builds, then the smoke clears. It would be nice to reduce the low-RPM smoking but I'm not sure how we can do that without hurting power elsewhere.

4) Although I did all three dyno runs to an indicated 5200rpm on the tach, only one showed pulling past 5k. I'm not sure if the tach is off, or if it was a dyno operator glitch, or what. That's annoying. Angry

5) The one run that shows pulling to 5200rpm has the power slipping at 4750 and then past 5000 it drops like a rock. I'm thinking we may need to increase the max RPM (high idle) setting to keep the governor from spoiling the party. I want the power strong to at least 5000 before it falls off, and I think we have a few hundred RPM left to play with here.

6) The power numbers are still a bit less than expected, however the performance data is pretty good, IMO. I am still using uncorrected numbers, but I included the graphs for SAE correction for grins.

My conclusions to date: The 3.5L turbo is adequate - barely - for the 6mm pump. The compressor is just a bit small to handle the high boost levels so it's superheating the intake air. A T3/T4 hybrid (or something similar) may work better? Or just a slightly larger compressor, still in T3 trim. The EGT's remained at safe levels on the dyno (~1200F peak). I forgot to bring a video camera to capture the gauge readings on the dyno, it's not easy watching four gauges (tach, IAT, EGT, boost) simultaneously and also remembering to lift off the throttle at 5200. Next time.

Still to come: Videos during an acceleration run, but that will have to wait. It's snowing outside. Sad
Attached Files
Image(s)

Dave M.
Boise, ID, USA

gsxr
03-08-2011, 04:47 PM #32

I went to the dyno today - see attached graphs. Rear wheel numbers are divide numbers by 0.82 to get estimated crankshaft HP:

153hp / 205tq at wheels, uncorrected, hybrid IP, 350SDL turbo

187hp / 250tq at crank, uncorrected, hybrid IP, 350SDL turbo

Some comments:

1) The power curve is much better now, the shape follows the stock curve, which is good - doesn't taper off like with the KKK.

2) Boost pressure remains above 20psi to redline, which is also good. However IAT's are off the hook! Near 5000rpm I saw 300°F IAT on the dyno. Yikes! Need an IC to cool things down. Exclamation

3) There is noticeable smoke at low RPM's until boost builds, then the smoke clears. It would be nice to reduce the low-RPM smoking but I'm not sure how we can do that without hurting power elsewhere.

4) Although I did all three dyno runs to an indicated 5200rpm on the tach, only one showed pulling past 5k. I'm not sure if the tach is off, or if it was a dyno operator glitch, or what. That's annoying. Angry

5) The one run that shows pulling to 5200rpm has the power slipping at 4750 and then past 5000 it drops like a rock. I'm thinking we may need to increase the max RPM (high idle) setting to keep the governor from spoiling the party. I want the power strong to at least 5000 before it falls off, and I think we have a few hundred RPM left to play with here.

6) The power numbers are still a bit less than expected, however the performance data is pretty good, IMO. I am still using uncorrected numbers, but I included the graphs for SAE correction for grins.

My conclusions to date: The 3.5L turbo is adequate - barely - for the 6mm pump. The compressor is just a bit small to handle the high boost levels so it's superheating the intake air. A T3/T4 hybrid (or something similar) may work better? Or just a slightly larger compressor, still in T3 trim. The EGT's remained at safe levels on the dyno (~1200F peak). I forgot to bring a video camera to capture the gauge readings on the dyno, it's not easy watching four gauges (tach, IAT, EGT, boost) simultaneously and also remembering to lift off the throttle at 5200. Next time.

Still to come: Videos during an acceleration run, but that will have to wait. It's snowing outside. Sad

Attached Files
Image(s)

Dave M.
Boise, ID, USA

babymog
K26-2

03-18-2011, 10:32 AM #33
I ran mine up to 5500rpm yesterday to see how it pulled, ... strong as a gasser (high-idle set at 5800rpm)!

I'd be interested to see how your power curve changes if you were to give the high-idle a turn in and reduce the governor's effect on your high-rpm fueling.

'87 300TDT "Pandora"
Garrett T-30 .55 @ 18.5psi, .970 IP @ 13.5ATDC turned up, #22 head with oblique injection, 4-puck brakes, 215 Michelins on 16x8" Bellos, updates etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZCI0BTWKx8
babymog
03-18-2011, 10:32 AM #33

I ran mine up to 5500rpm yesterday to see how it pulled, ... strong as a gasser (high-idle set at 5800rpm)!

I'd be interested to see how your power curve changes if you were to give the high-idle a turn in and reduce the governor's effect on your high-rpm fueling.

'87 300TDT "Pandora"
Garrett T-30 .55 @ 18.5psi, .970 IP @ 13.5ATDC turned up, #22 head with oblique injection, 4-puck brakes, 215 Michelins on 16x8" Bellos, updates etc.

E300TSC
Turbo-Supercharged

03-18-2011, 12:05 PM #34
Hey, didn't I promise one of you guys first crack at the 6mm elements that come out of my pump? It's scheduled for the swap at the end of next week and pending good drivability, I'll probably be selling the 6's soon.

E300TSC
03-18-2011, 12:05 PM #34

Hey, didn't I promise one of you guys first crack at the 6mm elements that come out of my pump? It's scheduled for the swap at the end of next week and pending good drivability, I'll probably be selling the 6's soon.

babymog
K26-2

03-18-2011, 01:33 PM #35
I believe that you did, back on the fruit forum (still interested).

I'd like to hear how the swap goes, my neighbor has been asking about potential mods to his '99 (but wants to wait until it passes 100,000 miles).
This post was last modified: 03-18-2011, 02:18 PM by babymog.

'87 300TDT "Pandora"
babymog
03-18-2011, 01:33 PM #35

I believe that you did, back on the fruit forum (still interested).

I'd like to hear how the swap goes, my neighbor has been asking about potential mods to his '99 (but wants to wait until it passes 100,000 miles).

'87 300TDT "Pandora"

E300TSC
Turbo-Supercharged

03-18-2011, 09:42 PM #36
I thought I had spoke to you about it but I couldn't find the PM's...

E300TSC
03-18-2011, 09:42 PM #36

I thought I had spoke to you about it but I couldn't find the PM's...

gsxr

03-18-2011, 09:53 PM #37
If Jeff passes on the 6mm's, Casey is interested... drop me a line for his contact info. Sounds like Jeff has first dibs though!

Smile
gsxr
03-18-2011, 09:53 PM #37

If Jeff passes on the 6mm's, Casey is interested... drop me a line for his contact info. Sounds like Jeff has first dibs though!

Smile

E300TSC
Turbo-Supercharged

03-18-2011, 09:57 PM #38
I have a new set of 7's too but you'll have to negotiate a price with Tom for them... Smile

E300TSC
03-18-2011, 09:57 PM #38

I have a new set of 7's too but you'll have to negotiate a price with Tom for them... Smile

tomnik
Holset

03-19-2011, 01:08 AM #39
(03-18-2011, 09:57 PM)E300TSC I have a new set of 7's too but you'll have to negotiate a price with Tom for them... Smile

Thanks, Evan.
IIRC, 45 EUR/piece, US shipment by EvanAngel
Payment to me.

Tom
tomnik
03-19-2011, 01:08 AM #39

(03-18-2011, 09:57 PM)E300TSC I have a new set of 7's too but you'll have to negotiate a price with Tom for them... Smile

Thanks, Evan.
IIRC, 45 EUR/piece, US shipment by EvanAngel
Payment to me.

Tom

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average