STD Tuning Engine w210 Super Turbo

w210 Super Turbo

w210 Super Turbo

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dahlberg
Naturally-aspirated

03-03-2011, 02:29 AM #1
HiWink
My name is FrodeSmile and I'm new here on the forum.
I am considering to buy me a Mercedes W210 300tdt. I plan on taking out between 400-450bhp in the first place, on stock engine.
The plan for the enginge:
- bigger turbo
- myna Pump
-custom exhaust
- custom intake
- Big IC.
but I have some questions about "Super Turbo" in the W210.
I've search a bit on internet but cant find anyone building a w210 with 400++ Bhp. is there anyone out there who is or has built something like that?
I have read a bit here on the forum and have noticed that many people use a mechanical pump instead of using the electronic pump.

-what complications will arise if I use the mechanical pump in a W210?

-which, complications will arise if the use the electronic IP with bigger elements?
whats the easiest solution of these two?

I hope someone can answer me on these questionsSmile
Sorry for my bad english
and thank you for a great forum!Wink

This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 02:46 AM by Dahlberg.
Dahlberg
03-03-2011, 02:29 AM #1

HiWink
My name is FrodeSmile and I'm new here on the forum.
I am considering to buy me a Mercedes W210 300tdt. I plan on taking out between 400-450bhp in the first place, on stock engine.
The plan for the enginge:
- bigger turbo
- myna Pump
-custom exhaust
- custom intake
- Big IC.
but I have some questions about "Super Turbo" in the W210.
I've search a bit on internet but cant find anyone building a w210 with 400++ Bhp. is there anyone out there who is or has built something like that?
I have read a bit here on the forum and have noticed that many people use a mechanical pump instead of using the electronic pump.

-what complications will arise if I use the mechanical pump in a W210?

-which, complications will arise if the use the electronic IP with bigger elements?
whats the easiest solution of these two?

I hope someone can answer me on these questionsSmile
Sorry for my bad english
and thank you for a great forum!Wink

rolandcad500
Naturally-aspirated

03-03-2011, 03:13 AM #2
Hi and welcome.

Im new here too.

I was drawn here by a thread on 400hp from a turbo diesel. Its a Finish gentleman thats doing the conversion.

Lots of guys know there stuff on here. Read and learn, thats what im doing.

Good luck with your build.
rolandcad500
03-03-2011, 03:13 AM #2

Hi and welcome.

Im new here too.

I was drawn here by a thread on 400hp from a turbo diesel. Its a Finish gentleman thats doing the conversion.

E300TSC
Turbo-Supercharged

03-03-2011, 06:33 AM #3
I'm working on one... Slowly... But my pump should be built in the next few weeks and installed. So then, I'll be able to answer some of the quiestions.

1998 MB E300 - 194,000 miles. Current/future mods: 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 Turbo feeding Eaton M90 supercharger through custom fabbed intake system. Aeroturbine muffler, scratch-built 4" stainless exhaust. EGR eliminated, ECM recalibrated, modified rack position feedback circuit. Porterfield RS brake pads, Bilstein sport shocks, VDO EGT, oil and boost gauges.

2000 Ford F250 - 150,000 miles. Current/future mods: DP Tuner 3 map chip, scratch-built high flow intake, high output IDM, open circuit fuel system, ball bearing turbo, South Bend full metal clutch, slotted and drilled rotors. Autometer Sport Comp EGT and boost gauges.
E300TSC
03-03-2011, 06:33 AM #3

I'm working on one... Slowly... But my pump should be built in the next few weeks and installed. So then, I'll be able to answer some of the quiestions.

1998 MB E300 - 194,000 miles. Current/future mods: 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 Turbo feeding Eaton M90 supercharger through custom fabbed intake system. Aeroturbine muffler, scratch-built 4" stainless exhaust. EGR eliminated, ECM recalibrated, modified rack position feedback circuit. Porterfield RS brake pads, Bilstein sport shocks, VDO EGT, oil and boost gauges.

2000 Ford F250 - 150,000 miles. Current/future mods: DP Tuner 3 map chip, scratch-built high flow intake, high output IDM, open circuit fuel system, ball bearing turbo, South Bend full metal clutch, slotted and drilled rotors. Autometer Sport Comp EGT and boost gauges.

Dahlberg
Naturally-aspirated

03-03-2011, 08:13 AM #4
(03-03-2011, 03:13 AM)rolandcad500 Hi and welcome.

Im new here too.

Welcome to you 2Wink

i was also drawn here by those Finish GentsSmile
im working with itSmile have read most that deal with this topicSmile
(03-03-2011, 06:33 AM)E300TSC I'm working on one... Slowly... But my pump should be built in the next few weeks and installed. So then, I'll be able to answer some of the quiestions.
I have read a bit about your project, very interestingSmile
very good that you want to share information so that we others can try out a bitSmile
This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 08:17 AM by Dahlberg.
Dahlberg
03-03-2011, 08:13 AM #4

(03-03-2011, 03:13 AM)rolandcad500 Hi and welcome.

Im new here too.

Welcome to you 2Wink

i was also drawn here by those Finish GentsSmile
im working with itSmile have read most that deal with this topicSmile
(03-03-2011, 06:33 AM)E300TSC I'm working on one... Slowly... But my pump should be built in the next few weeks and installed. So then, I'll be able to answer some of the quiestions.
I have read a bit about your project, very interestingSmile
very good that you want to share information so that we others can try out a bitSmile

Dahlberg
Naturally-aspirated

03-04-2011, 07:14 PM #5
Is there anyone out there who knows how much a electronic IP with 7mm is good for?

I have talked to some peoole working at Myna- Diesel. They told me that the Mechanical pump could do 580Bhp with 7mm elements. But they was not sure how much a electonic pump would do with these elements.

i heard that the it would be some problems with the transmission, is that the only problem?

they also told me that i just need a Remap of th ECU and than the car would work fine with superturbo!

but wath involves in a remap of the ECU?
Big Grin
This post was last modified: 03-04-2011, 07:17 PM by Dahlberg.
Dahlberg
03-04-2011, 07:14 PM #5

Is there anyone out there who knows how much a electronic IP with 7mm is good for?

I have talked to some peoole working at Myna- Diesel. They told me that the Mechanical pump could do 580Bhp with 7mm elements. But they was not sure how much a electonic pump would do with these elements.

i heard that the it would be some problems with the transmission, is that the only problem?

they also told me that i just need a Remap of th ECU and than the car would work fine with superturbo!

but wath involves in a remap of the ECU?
Big Grin

muuris
OM605

03-06-2011, 09:14 AM #6
(03-04-2011, 07:14 PM)Dahlberg but wath involves in a remap of the ECU?
Big Grin

Opening your wallet, in practice.

In here it cost at least 500 euros per remap. Every time you want to change fueling characteristics, go and buy a new mapping. With mechanical pump, just turn the screws. So that's a con.

The electrical has one significant pro over mechanical one: the governor spring not existing/the function of it being electrically made, you can get nice relationship of max power rpm and max rpms (engine won't rev high for nothing, if not wanted to).
muuris
03-06-2011, 09:14 AM #6

(03-04-2011, 07:14 PM)Dahlberg but wath involves in a remap of the ECU?
Big Grin

Opening your wallet, in practice.

In here it cost at least 500 euros per remap. Every time you want to change fueling characteristics, go and buy a new mapping. With mechanical pump, just turn the screws. So that's a con.

The electrical has one significant pro over mechanical one: the governor spring not existing/the function of it being electrically made, you can get nice relationship of max power rpm and max rpms (engine won't rev high for nothing, if not wanted to).

ForcedInduction
Banned

03-06-2011, 07:14 PM #7
You guys can easily burn new chips which means you have access to the chip's data for reverse-engineering. So what is difficult about map programming? Looks like the only reason for the high price is economic demand.
ForcedInduction
03-06-2011, 07:14 PM #7

You guys can easily burn new chips which means you have access to the chip's data for reverse-engineering. So what is difficult about map programming? Looks like the only reason for the high price is economic demand.

rotten 5er
Naturally-aspirated

03-06-2011, 10:43 PM #8
With regard to the electronic/mapping issue i can only assume it is like the turbo boom of the 80's with petrol engines. There has been masses of development over the years and tuners and rolling road operators have developed their skills mainly on petrol engines. From carburetters onward to fuel injection Think of how many man hours by guys in the 80's and 90's to get where they are now,look how many off the shelf cam,injectors, manifolds, ecu's etc are available and the knowledge that goes with it. Now as diesels have become better, and many petrolheads have been given an alternative tuners are not as used them as a many of the owners. given time, this will obviously change for the better as more people change over to diesel and tune them. god 10 years ago i'd wouldn't have touched a diesel, now the police use them as pursuit cars in the uk.
mapping a petrol car is a fine art, in a diesel i imagine a lot harder. Also many peoples attitude to diesel are 30 years behind, even though the technology isn't.
rotten 5er
03-06-2011, 10:43 PM #8

With regard to the electronic/mapping issue i can only assume it is like the turbo boom of the 80's with petrol engines. There has been masses of development over the years and tuners and rolling road operators have developed their skills mainly on petrol engines. From carburetters onward to fuel injection Think of how many man hours by guys in the 80's and 90's to get where they are now,look how many off the shelf cam,injectors, manifolds, ecu's etc are available and the knowledge that goes with it. Now as diesels have become better, and many petrolheads have been given an alternative tuners are not as used them as a many of the owners. given time, this will obviously change for the better as more people change over to diesel and tune them. god 10 years ago i'd wouldn't have touched a diesel, now the police use them as pursuit cars in the uk.
mapping a petrol car is a fine art, in a diesel i imagine a lot harder. Also many peoples attitude to diesel are 30 years behind, even though the technology isn't.

mantahead
Holset

03-07-2011, 07:11 PM #9

[/quote]hi,
it is just a pity they don't make an aftermarket ecu for om605/6 or a "piggy back" that could be mapped live.

wayne

mantahead
03-07-2011, 07:11 PM #9

[/quote]hi,
it is just a pity they don't make an aftermarket ecu for om605/6 or a "piggy back" that could be mapped live.

wayne

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average