STD Other Projects My W123 with om603 Turbo! Dailydriver

My W123 with om603 Turbo! Dailydriver

My W123 with om603 Turbo! Dailydriver

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

07-15-2014, 04:17 PM #1
Hello!

My first post here i just wanted to show you guys my w123 with om603 turbo engine that me and my friend built and i also wanna thank him for helping me!

Sry my english is a bit weak since im from sweden. =)

Also searching for penta rims Rolleyes

in the future i will install a 606 if i can find a cheap one.

The pump max load is adjusted some and the turbo is increased to aprox 18psi, its running really good and strong.
Alda is disabled for now but its smoking so much when cold starting so i will prob install it again soon.

I hope i can answer some question about fitting a om60x into w123 if any one thinking of doing it.

Just ask anything you want to know!

Ill add a imgur link also for higher res images
My w123 - Imgur

Fredrikg
07-15-2014, 04:17 PM #1

Hello!

My first post here i just wanted to show you guys my w123 with om603 turbo engine that me and my friend built and i also wanna thank him for helping me!

Sry my english is a bit weak since im from sweden. =)

Also searching for penta rims Rolleyes

in the future i will install a 606 if i can find a cheap one.

The pump max load is adjusted some and the turbo is increased to aprox 18psi, its running really good and strong.
Alda is disabled for now but its smoking so much when cold starting so i will prob install it again soon.

I hope i can answer some question about fitting a om60x into w123 if any one thinking of doing it.

Just ask anything you want to know!

Ill add a imgur link also for higher res images
My w123 - Imgur

mbz123
GT2256V

07-16-2014, 06:24 AM #2
Hi Fredrikg,

Thanks for joining and posting your build. Good job, it looks like it was meant to be there. I have some questions if you don't mind.;-D

When did you complete and how many miles/km since completed? Is it your daily driver?

I realize the climate is cooler in your neck of the woods, but how does that radiator handle the task? Is radiator original to car? In the first pic looks like a smaller cooler just to the front of driver's side wheel well and behind washer bottle. Is that the oil cooler? How much distance between viscofan and radiator?

What are you using for transmission?

Finally, please say you didn't put that w126 out to pasture? If I had a tele-transport machine, I would be begging you to take my money and that's just for the parts I can see!

As for the smoke, try shimming the alda with copper seals until you get just a bit of smoke.

I've also seen several sets of Pentas for sale over on benz world last couple of weeks. Might be some near you? Good choice on period wheels, they will look bad-azz.

MBZ123
mbz123
07-16-2014, 06:24 AM #2

Hi Fredrikg,

Thanks for joining and posting your build. Good job, it looks like it was meant to be there. I have some questions if you don't mind.;-D

When did you complete and how many miles/km since completed? Is it your daily driver?

I realize the climate is cooler in your neck of the woods, but how does that radiator handle the task? Is radiator original to car? In the first pic looks like a smaller cooler just to the front of driver's side wheel well and behind washer bottle. Is that the oil cooler? How much distance between viscofan and radiator?

Finally, please say you didn't put that w126 out to pasture? If I had a tele-transport machine, I would be begging you to take my money and that's just for the parts I can see!

As for the smoke, try shimming the alda with copper seals until you get just a bit of smoke.

I've also seen several sets of Pentas for sale over on benz world last couple of weeks. Might be some near you? Good choice on period wheels, they will look bad-azz.

MBZ123

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

07-16-2014, 03:13 PM #3
(07-16-2014, 06:24 AM)mbz123 Hi Fredrikg,

MBZ123

Hello!

Yes its my daily driver, hmm maybe 500-1000km since completed
Its also approved with om603 from the swedish car inspection but without turbo. With turbo you cant get it approved here in sweden apparently they say its to much torque with turbo.

I used a om603 nonturbo first, but i got a w124 300tdt cheap so ye i figured id use the engine.

The radiator is working fine its reaching max 90c when going uphill even hot days, i also think its really strange that it works so well. The radiator is from a OM616 but it looks newer than that i dont know it followed the car when i bought the car with the OM616.

Yes its the oil cooler you can see on the drivers side i will refit it later.

Transmission is a 717.411
Because it has one of the best 5th gear ratio 0.78

Why would you want the w126 in the background? haha

Thanks alot i will try that with the Alda.

Its about 4-5cm between the fan and the radiator.
This post was last modified: 07-16-2014, 03:13 PM by Fredrikg.
Fredrikg
07-16-2014, 03:13 PM #3

(07-16-2014, 06:24 AM)mbz123 Hi Fredrikg,

MBZ123

Hello!

Yes its my daily driver, hmm maybe 500-1000km since completed
Its also approved with om603 from the swedish car inspection but without turbo. With turbo you cant get it approved here in sweden apparently they say its to much torque with turbo.

I used a om603 nonturbo first, but i got a w124 300tdt cheap so ye i figured id use the engine.

The radiator is working fine its reaching max 90c when going uphill even hot days, i also think its really strange that it works so well. The radiator is from a OM616 but it looks newer than that i dont know it followed the car when i bought the car with the OM616.

Yes its the oil cooler you can see on the drivers side i will refit it later.

Transmission is a 717.411
Because it has one of the best 5th gear ratio 0.78

Why would you want the w126 in the background? haha

Thanks alot i will try that with the Alda.

Its about 4-5cm between the fan and the radiator.

07-17-2014, 03:55 AM #4
Hmmm - OM617a got 250nm, OM603a got 270nm - that's 20 more. Or is the law that you can't exceed stock power? Smile Anyway, nice conversion, I love this engine to bits!

'88 300CD Turbo Coupé - OM603
DiseaselWeasel
07-17-2014, 03:55 AM #4

Hmmm - OM617a got 250nm, OM603a got 270nm - that's 20 more. Or is the law that you can't exceed stock power? Smile Anyway, nice conversion, I love this engine to bits!

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

07-17-2014, 04:44 AM #5
(07-17-2014, 03:55 AM)DiseaselWeasel Hmmm - OM617a got 250nm, OM603a got 270nm - that's 20 more. Or is the law that you can't exceed stock power? Smile Anyway, nice conversion, I love this engine to bits!

Thanks, yes you cant exceed stock power. Tongue

But i will just switch exhaust mainfold take one from a non turbo, every 2 years when i need to to the inspection test.

How does inspection work in ur country? =)
Fredrikg
07-17-2014, 04:44 AM #5

(07-17-2014, 03:55 AM)DiseaselWeasel Hmmm - OM617a got 250nm, OM603a got 270nm - that's 20 more. Or is the law that you can't exceed stock power? Smile Anyway, nice conversion, I love this engine to bits!

Thanks, yes you cant exceed stock power. Tongue

But i will just switch exhaust mainfold take one from a non turbo, every 2 years when i need to to the inspection test.

How does inspection work in ur country? =)

07-17-2014, 05:41 AM #6
Every two years inspection - and changes need to be approved by an engineer (wheels, brakes, engine - even exhausts and air filters that are not stock etc.). But we may exceed stock power, if everything is up to it (brakes, chassis if weight is increased). We have a lot of street legal Mk1 Golfs with VR6 & 4x4, Minis with Honda or Bike engines etc. It's a lot of paperwork, not cheap or easy by any means but doable.

Sometimes I'm a bit jelous about how easy it is in many other countries. But then we don't end up with death-traps on the roads. And maybe then it's not too bad Big Grin

DiseaselWeasel
07-17-2014, 05:41 AM #6

Every two years inspection - and changes need to be approved by an engineer (wheels, brakes, engine - even exhausts and air filters that are not stock etc.). But we may exceed stock power, if everything is up to it (brakes, chassis if weight is increased). We have a lot of street legal Mk1 Golfs with VR6 & 4x4, Minis with Honda or Bike engines etc. It's a lot of paperwork, not cheap or easy by any means but doable.

Sometimes I'm a bit jelous about how easy it is in many other countries. But then we don't end up with death-traps on the roads. And maybe then it's not too bad Big Grin

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

07-17-2014, 06:09 AM #7
(07-17-2014, 05:41 AM)DiseaselWeasel Every two years inspection - and changes need to be approved by an engineer (wheels, brakes, engine - even exhausts and air filters that are not stock etc.). But we may exceed stock power, if everything is up to it (brakes, chassis if weight is increased). We have a lot of street legal Mk1 Golfs with VR6 & 4x4, Minis with Honda or Bike engines etc. It's a lot of paperwork, not cheap or easy by any means but doable.

Same here you can exceed stock power but then its expensive and you need to switch brakes etc like you said, i did the cheaper one just to get the engine approved. =)
Fredrikg
07-17-2014, 06:09 AM #7

(07-17-2014, 05:41 AM)DiseaselWeasel Every two years inspection - and changes need to be approved by an engineer (wheels, brakes, engine - even exhausts and air filters that are not stock etc.). But we may exceed stock power, if everything is up to it (brakes, chassis if weight is increased). We have a lot of street legal Mk1 Golfs with VR6 & 4x4, Minis with Honda or Bike engines etc. It's a lot of paperwork, not cheap or easy by any means but doable.

Same here you can exceed stock power but then its expensive and you need to switch brakes etc like you said, i did the cheaper one just to get the engine approved. =)

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

07-17-2014, 01:09 PM #8
I never realized how lucky we are in the States, we have no emissions testing on cars (at least where I live), and in my state of ohio we have no inspection! We can basically do whatever we want, even though tampering with emissions equipment is still highly illegal and stuff of that nature is monitored but not enforced very hard.

There are thousands of 800hp cummins that a driven to work daily here Big Grin
This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 01:11 PM by MFSuper90.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
07-17-2014, 01:09 PM #8

I never realized how lucky we are in the States, we have no emissions testing on cars (at least where I live), and in my state of ohio we have no inspection! We can basically do whatever we want, even though tampering with emissions equipment is still highly illegal and stuff of that nature is monitored but not enforced very hard.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

07-17-2014, 03:42 PM #9
(07-17-2014, 01:09 PM)MFSuper90 I never realized how lucky we are in the States, we have no emissions testing on cars (at least where I live), and in my state of ohio we have no inspection! We can basically do whatever we want, even though tampering with emissions equipment is still highly illegal and stuff of that nature is monitored but not enforced very hard.

Really man, thats awesome not even a inspection. :S

Im jealous.
Fredrikg
07-17-2014, 03:42 PM #9

(07-17-2014, 01:09 PM)MFSuper90 I never realized how lucky we are in the States, we have no emissions testing on cars (at least where I live), and in my state of ohio we have no inspection! We can basically do whatever we want, even though tampering with emissions equipment is still highly illegal and stuff of that nature is monitored but not enforced very hard.

Really man, thats awesome not even a inspection. :S

Im jealous.

raysorenson
Superturbo

07-17-2014, 04:52 PM #10
In some states, like mine, there is zero enforcement of federal emissions laws. You can drive a new car off the lot, remove the catalytic converters and nobody would say anything. Our sunsets are beautiful hereWink
raysorenson
07-17-2014, 04:52 PM #10

In some states, like mine, there is zero enforcement of federal emissions laws. You can drive a new car off the lot, remove the catalytic converters and nobody would say anything. Our sunsets are beautiful hereWink

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

07-18-2014, 12:43 PM #11
But back to the car, we need MOAAR pictures! Wink

What about motor mounts?
did you have to modify the transmission crossmember and driveshaft?
does a 603 bolt directly to a 717.411?

MFSuper90
07-18-2014, 12:43 PM #11

But back to the car, we need MOAAR pictures! Wink

What about motor mounts?

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

07-18-2014, 02:16 PM #12
(07-18-2014, 12:43 PM)MFSuper90 But back to the car, we need MOAAR pictures! Wink

What about motor mounts?

What pictures do you want? Smile

The crossmember from the 717.411 did not fit to the w123 drifeshaft but i found a another crossmember from a different W124 gearbox i had laying around that fitted perfectly

Yes 717.411 fits directly
This post was last modified: 07-19-2014, 10:18 AM by Fredrikg.
Fredrikg
07-18-2014, 02:16 PM #12

(07-18-2014, 12:43 PM)MFSuper90 But back to the car, we need MOAAR pictures! Wink

What about motor mounts?

What pictures do you want? Smile

The crossmember from the 717.411 did not fit to the w123 drifeshaft but i found a another crossmember from a different W124 gearbox i had laying around that fitted perfectly

Yes 717.411 fits directly

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

07-19-2014, 11:43 AM #13
Pictures of motor mounts would be nice Smile

This would be the same install as a om606 correct?

MFSuper90
07-19-2014, 11:43 AM #13

Pictures of motor mounts would be nice Smile

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

07-19-2014, 12:39 PM #14
(07-19-2014, 11:43 AM)Marieer90 Pictures of motor mounts would be nice Smile

Okay they are not final mounts i just came up with something to work i will make better ones later but they work good for now.

I will get some pictures.

Ye same install ofc.
Fredrikg
07-19-2014, 12:39 PM #14

(07-19-2014, 11:43 AM)Marieer90 Pictures of motor mounts would be nice Smile

Okay they are not final mounts i just came up with something to work i will make better ones later but they work good for now.

I will get some pictures.

Ye same install ofc.

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

10-09-2014, 08:05 AM #15
I found an om603 for sale locally mated to an automatic trans. If I went through with the swap I would want a manual. How hard was it to make it manual?

MFSuper90
10-09-2014, 08:05 AM #15

I found an om603 for sale locally mated to an automatic trans. If I went through with the swap I would want a manual. How hard was it to make it manual?

10-09-2014, 01:13 PM #16
Try it with the auto - it works incredibly well with a old-school turbo engine Smile You'r constantly riding on the torque wave's climax ;-) And the TC swallows the lag completely. It's the first turbo-diesel I like. Before I drove some manuals with VNT and what not - I never liked it... And economy on a run is still incredible even with automatic gearbox.

DiseaselWeasel
10-09-2014, 01:13 PM #16

Try it with the auto - it works incredibly well with a old-school turbo engine Smile You'r constantly riding on the torque wave's climax ;-) And the TC swallows the lag completely. It's the first turbo-diesel I like. Before I drove some manuals with VNT and what not - I never liked it... And economy on a run is still incredible even with automatic gearbox.

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

10-10-2014, 11:54 AM #17
It came out of a 87 300D. That would make it a 722.3 correct? He is asking $1000 for both engine and trans

MFSuper90
10-10-2014, 11:54 AM #17

It came out of a 87 300D. That would make it a 722.3 correct? He is asking $1000 for both engine and trans

10-10-2014, 03:39 PM #18
722.317 or .357 are the Turbodiesel autos Smile

DiseaselWeasel
10-10-2014, 03:39 PM #18

722.317 or .357 are the Turbodiesel autos Smile

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

10-10-2014, 05:29 PM #19
No overdrive Sad
Does the price seem okay? I am very seriously thinking about it. Not everyday does a 60x show up for sale locally. If it has #14 head that might be a deal breaker though

MFSuper90
10-10-2014, 05:29 PM #19

No overdrive Sad
Does the price seem okay? I am very seriously thinking about it. Not everyday does a 60x show up for sale locally. If it has #14 head that might be a deal breaker though

10-11-2014, 01:30 AM #20
I have no idea... In germany I buy whole cars for under 1000€.

And I have a cracked #20 head on my work bench. So...

DiseaselWeasel
10-11-2014, 01:30 AM #20

I have no idea... In germany I buy whole cars for under 1000€.

And I have a cracked #20 head on my work bench. So...

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

10-11-2014, 09:50 AM #21
Well then... Do you know how much abuse a 722.3 will take?

MFSuper90
10-11-2014, 09:50 AM #21

Well then... Do you know how much abuse a 722.3 will take?

10-11-2014, 12:14 PM #22
That's a question for someone else. I have stock power and no intentions of exeeding it. But it's very nice to drive (and I'm not a fan of autos). So far my 722.357 has lasted 570.000km, my spare 722.317 has done 475.000km - both show no sign of wear of missbehaviour. The key is a sound vacuume system. At first I thought the tranny was broken - but after I gave it an oil chnage & replaced ALL rubber connectors in the whole vacuume system - it shift's as smooth as silk Smile

But more power will always mean more wear. Horses for curses, as they say... And the same goes for a manual. Exeed stock power and you'r gambling... Gearboxes may break even with stock power. Especially with a 2nd hand gearbox - you never know what's been done to the thing. How well or bad it's been serviced. You don't know. Unless you buy a car you can drive from a reputable person. To break it for it's organs. Like iI did with the TDT that gave it's engine to my Coupé. I have a full service histroy from factory-delivery to this day.

Buying an engine/gearbox "blind" is always a risk. So I don't know what advise I can give you... It's always a little gamble Smile Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. The chances are 50/50. Smile

DiseaselWeasel
10-11-2014, 12:14 PM #22

That's a question for someone else. I have stock power and no intentions of exeeding it. But it's very nice to drive (and I'm not a fan of autos). So far my 722.357 has lasted 570.000km, my spare 722.317 has done 475.000km - both show no sign of wear of missbehaviour. The key is a sound vacuume system. At first I thought the tranny was broken - but after I gave it an oil chnage & replaced ALL rubber connectors in the whole vacuume system - it shift's as smooth as silk Smile

But more power will always mean more wear. Horses for curses, as they say... And the same goes for a manual. Exeed stock power and you'r gambling... Gearboxes may break even with stock power. Especially with a 2nd hand gearbox - you never know what's been done to the thing. How well or bad it's been serviced. You don't know. Unless you buy a car you can drive from a reputable person. To break it for it's organs. Like iI did with the TDT that gave it's engine to my Coupé. I have a full service histroy from factory-delivery to this day.

Buying an engine/gearbox "blind" is always a risk. So I don't know what advise I can give you... It's always a little gamble Smile Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. The chances are 50/50. Smile

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

10-12-2014, 11:28 AM #23
I feel bad we clogged up this fellows thread! I hope he logs on soon, id love to see more pics of the install

MFSuper90
10-12-2014, 11:28 AM #23

I feel bad we clogged up this fellows thread! I hope he logs on soon, id love to see more pics of the install

mbz123
GT2256V

10-15-2014, 09:17 PM #24
(10-10-2014, 03:39 PM)DiseaselWeasel 722.317 or .357 are the Turbodiesel autos Smile

.321 also. Easy enough to determine w/ motor out,

(10-10-2014, 05:29 PM)MFSuper90 No overdrive Sad

Price is right, I wouldn't wait too long if I was in the market. I'm not, I got three turbo-sixes. Buuuut there's always room....

(10-11-2014, 09:50 AM)MFSuper90 Well then... Do you know how much abuse a 722.3 will take?

Perfect opportunity to go through and reseal the trans w/ front/rear seals (and anything that looks in need like leaky band seals and such if seller hasn't cleaned away evidence) and a new pan gasket+filter+fluid. Yank the TC drain/fill and replace that seal. If it were me, I'd drop the valve body for a look-see and some special attention if needed. Moral to the story, get at the easy stuff while access is, well, easy. The turbo tranny will take a F@#$-TON of abuse before it gives, but that's assuming spec operation. Here's proof:

(10-11-2014, 12:14 PM)DiseaselWeasel I have stock power and no intentions of exeeding it. But it's very nice to drive (and I'm not a fan of autos). So far my 722.357 has lasted 570.000km, my spare 722.317 has done 475.000km - both show no sign of wear of missbehaviour. The key is a sound vacuume system. At first I thought the tranny was broken - but after I gave it an oil chnage & replaced ALL rubber connectors in the whole vacuume system - it shift's as smooth as silk Smile

OTOH, if you drop the pan and it looks like the silt in a desert wash, then your plan b is gonna be the wiser path. The slushbox is rated for 400n/m. Again, within spec.

Personally, I wouldn't move on a motor unless I heard it running, learned my lesson long ago with that. Changing fluids is first grade tier so don't think rubbing a little oil from the dipstick between your fingers will suffice. Take pressure tools and a battery or two, too. And lastly, don't let an original head casting deter you. The number is NOT the problem, the ABUSE is the problem. That's why you wanna hear that baby hum-clacka-clickity-clacka-hummmm. Of course you're gonna keep the cooling system in tip top shape, so no reason to fear the "infamous" fourteen.

One of my 603a's has the original head. Came in an SDL I plucked from the original owners. 161k and a TRAP-OX! It's the only motor of the three in a car and I torture that sum-bish. Actually put another 7k on it w/ the trap ox before I came to my senses. It's got 171k now and she hums like a big-bad-ash humminbird. Two oil analyses completed with superb results. BUT, my cooling circuit is 100% and I monitor it all gestapo-like. 8-D

MBZ123

OP - We need an update sir.
mbz123
10-15-2014, 09:17 PM #24

(10-10-2014, 03:39 PM)DiseaselWeasel 722.317 or .357 are the Turbodiesel autos Smile

Price is right, I wouldn't wait too long if I was in the market. I'm not, I got three turbo-sixes. Buuuut there's always room....

(10-11-2014, 09:50 AM)MFSuper90 Well then... Do you know how much abuse a 722.3 will take?

Perfect opportunity to go through and reseal the trans w/ front/rear seals (and anything that looks in need like leaky band seals and such if seller hasn't cleaned away evidence) and a new pan gasket+filter+fluid. Yank the TC drain/fill and replace that seal. If it were me, I'd drop the valve body for a look-see and some special attention if needed. Moral to the story, get at the easy stuff while access is, well, easy. The turbo tranny will take a F@#$-TON of abuse before it gives, but that's assuming spec operation. Here's proof:

(10-11-2014, 12:14 PM)DiseaselWeasel I have stock power and no intentions of exeeding it. But it's very nice to drive (and I'm not a fan of autos). So far my 722.357 has lasted 570.000km, my spare 722.317 has done 475.000km - both show no sign of wear of missbehaviour. The key is a sound vacuume system. At first I thought the tranny was broken - but after I gave it an oil chnage & replaced ALL rubber connectors in the whole vacuume system - it shift's as smooth as silk Smile

OTOH, if you drop the pan and it looks like the silt in a desert wash, then your plan b is gonna be the wiser path. The slushbox is rated for 400n/m. Again, within spec.

Personally, I wouldn't move on a motor unless I heard it running, learned my lesson long ago with that. Changing fluids is first grade tier so don't think rubbing a little oil from the dipstick between your fingers will suffice. Take pressure tools and a battery or two, too. And lastly, don't let an original head casting deter you. The number is NOT the problem, the ABUSE is the problem. That's why you wanna hear that baby hum-clacka-clickity-clacka-hummmm. Of course you're gonna keep the cooling system in tip top shape, so no reason to fear the "infamous" fourteen.

One of my 603a's has the original head. Came in an SDL I plucked from the original owners. 161k and a TRAP-OX! It's the only motor of the three in a car and I torture that sum-bish. Actually put another 7k on it w/ the trap ox before I came to my senses. It's got 171k now and she hums like a big-bad-ash humminbird. Two oil analyses completed with superb results. BUT, my cooling circuit is 100% and I monitor it all gestapo-like. 8-D

MBZ123

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

10-18-2014, 11:12 AM #25
(10-15-2014, 09:17 PM)mbz123

MBZ123

Hello everyone im back, sry i dont really hang around on forums alot i will try to be more active.

Also you can pm me if you have any questions ill happily answer them
Fredrikg
10-18-2014, 11:12 AM #25

(10-15-2014, 09:17 PM)mbz123

MBZ123

Hello everyone im back, sry i dont really hang around on forums alot i will try to be more active.

Also you can pm me if you have any questions ill happily answer them

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

10-18-2014, 05:11 PM #26
PM sent, Can't wait to hear more about this sweet ride!

MFSuper90
10-18-2014, 05:11 PM #26

PM sent, Can't wait to hear more about this sweet ride!

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

11-28-2014, 07:56 AM #27
I want to answer more questions! Sad
Fredrikg
11-28-2014, 07:56 AM #27

I want to answer more questions! Sad

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

11-28-2014, 09:39 AM #28
I picked up my om603/722.3 engine and transmission, and I hope to do the swap this winter. How did you hook the speedometer and tach up?

And what did you do for motor mounts?

I've boughten a euro exhaust manifold and plan on mounting an hx30 onto the 603 right from the beginning Smile
This post was last modified: 11-28-2014, 09:40 AM by MFSuper90.

MFSuper90
11-28-2014, 09:39 AM #28

I picked up my om603/722.3 engine and transmission, and I hope to do the swap this winter. How did you hook the speedometer and tach up?

And what did you do for motor mounts?

I've boughten a euro exhaust manifold and plan on mounting an hx30 onto the 603 right from the beginning Smile

Fredrikg
Naturally-aspirated

03-08-2015, 11:34 AM #29
Bump pm me if ur wondering anything about the build! =)
Fredrikg
03-08-2015, 11:34 AM #29

Bump pm me if ur wondering anything about the build! =)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average