STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides 8mm elements

8mm elements

8mm elements

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

03-30-2011, 03:02 PM #101
I have yet to see an OM60x in person, and while it is far superior than the 617, they just aren't common.

I also like a challenge. These motors are simple and fun to work on. There isn't much out there so we are pioneers on the performance side of things, look what Rudolf, Forced, and Dieselboy have done to theirs. Good stuff. I don't think any of us are looking to make an all out race motor or anything, just trying to make the best of what we've got

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
03-30-2011, 03:02 PM #101

I have yet to see an OM60x in person, and while it is far superior than the 617, they just aren't common.

I also like a challenge. These motors are simple and fun to work on. There isn't much out there so we are pioneers on the performance side of things, look what Rudolf, Forced, and Dieselboy have done to theirs. Good stuff. I don't think any of us are looking to make an all out race motor or anything, just trying to make the best of what we've got

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

garage
Bush Taxi

03-30-2011, 06:28 PM #102
(03-30-2011, 03:02 PM)Captain America I don't think any of us are looking to make an all out race motor or anything

Speak for yourselfCool !!
haha

1987 300D: EGR Delete, ARV Delete, Cold Air Intake...
garage
03-30-2011, 06:28 PM #102

(03-30-2011, 03:02 PM)Captain America I don't think any of us are looking to make an all out race motor or anything

Speak for yourselfCool !!
haha

300D50
Graphite Moderator, ala RBMK

03-30-2011, 11:04 PM #103
Ok, where do I send the cash?

I'm down for a set, and possibly a pumpjob after I get my refund

1990 Power Ram 50 V6 SOHC 24V 6g72

I can be wrong, don't take everything I say as verbatim, please fact-check first.
My posts are my personal opinions and thoughts, unless otherwise noted.
300D50
03-30-2011, 11:04 PM #103

Ok, where do I send the cash?

I'm down for a set, and possibly a pumpjob after I get my refund

I can be wrong, don't take everything I say as verbatim, please fact-check first.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

03-31-2011, 09:44 AM #104
Just an update,

E-mail I got from Kris at Diesel Power Systems. Any other thoughts about this please post.

Quote:Hey Richard,

Yep, good talking to you, too.

Let's see if I can sort out some of this stuff with you, so that we can get to an understanding
of what you want to accomplish, and if it is possible with this type of pump repair.
First, these pumps are very reliable to begin with, and last a very long time, under normal
maintenance. Just by rebuilding the pumps, installing new gaskets and seals and calibrating
to the current specifications will make these last even longer.

Rebuilding the pump, and replacing the pumping elements with whatever brand you want, is
not going to cost any more than the $400-500 price, as we will have them out during the rebuild
process. If we install the "Chinese" brand element, there is no warranty as to how long they will
last, or if they will be compatible with the engine. (Personally, I believe there should be no issue
with compatibility, but I can't be 100% sure).

As to calibration, we will be able to calibrate the pump, just to a slightly different setting, considering
the fact that the elements will be pumping considerably more fuel. And, yes, the price is still due,
since we are rebuilding the pump, whether it "works" for your goals, or not. If we had to return the
pump back to stock, we would not charge the full price, perhaps only half, since we are only taking
it apart enough to replace the elements with other elements. (This is still a lot of work, since it has
to have the camshaft removed every time the elements need to be changed, but not as difficult
since the pump has already been cleaned and rebuilt).

(As to the Chinese elements not being suitable, the potential problem I foresee would be trying to get
them to "balance". This means setting the fuel delivery between the individual elements "even", or
as close the the same amount as possible. Adjusting the delivery is done at an "idle" fuel delivery rpm
and rack setting, when the fuel delivery is very small. Somewhere around 5-15 mm3, and then checking
and re-setting at a "full load" fuel setting and rpm. Somewhere around 65-70 mm3. If the quality of the
Chinese brand is suspect, it is much harder to get them "even". OEM Bosch elements cost ALOT more,
but the quality is beyond question. Just food for thought!)

Again, if the pump is installed on the car, and doesn't work like you want, we would still return it back
to stock, at half the cost of labor, or so. You, or your friends would still have to provide the other elements
or reuse the original ones, whichever you want, the labor is still the same. ($400-500 for the rebuild, or $200-225
or so to replace the larger elements with another size of your choosing. Basically, after we rebuild the pump,
if we have to take the pump back apart to replace elements, it will cost $200-225).

As to using OEM Bosch 8mm elements, our standard warranty is one year. We will fix any problem with the
pump, including parts or labor. We don't cover any removal or installation costs, or freight expenses.
Pretty standard stuff. But if we rebuild it, and it works like you want, I doubt there will be any problems for years to come.
And yes, the price for labor is the same, $400-500, not including the cost of the Bosch elements.

If someone wants to use 10mm elements, Bosch or Chinese, the price is still the same, and the lack of
a warranty is still the same.

Finally, there are some things I should mention as to the use of these larger elements, whether they are Bosch
or the Chinese brand. As the size of the element is increased, the "segment", which is the sleeve that controls
and moves the element, when it is connected to the "control rack", has to be larger, too. The stock Bosch 5.5mm
element may use the same segment as a 6mm, 6.5mm and so on. I'm not sure at what size element the segment
would need to be changed. It may be that the 8mm element is still the same, but not sure. I am sure that a 10mm
element would require a larger segment. These are things we won't know until we perform repairs on the first
pump. I would suggest that someone be the first to try this with their pump, perhaps supplying us with some 8mm
Bosch and Chinese elements. And, if someone wants to find out if the 10mm elements would work, send those
along as well. We could rebuild one pump first, as a trial pump, and fit the various elements into the housing,
test for fit, and ensure what other parts would be required before any of your friends removed their pumps.
Also remember, we talked about possibly needing larger injectors to compensate for the increase in fuel delivery,
as well as a larger, or special built turbocharger to help feed more air into the engine to help burn the fuel, clean
up the smoke and increase the performance. These will need to be researched to find the best combination for
the goal you are attempting to achieve.

I hope this helps and answers some of your questions.
Call if you need any other info.

Kris Wolfenstein
General Manager
Diesel Power Systems-Becs/Pacific Ltd
600 Enterprise Way
Bakersfield, Ca 93307
661-397-9400

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
03-31-2011, 09:44 AM #104

Just an update,

E-mail I got from Kris at Diesel Power Systems. Any other thoughts about this please post.

Yep, good talking to you, too.

Let's see if I can sort out some of this stuff with you, so that we can get to an understanding
of what you want to accomplish, and if it is possible with this type of pump repair.
First, these pumps are very reliable to begin with, and last a very long time, under normal
maintenance. Just by rebuilding the pumps, installing new gaskets and seals and calibrating
to the current specifications will make these last even longer.

Rebuilding the pump, and replacing the pumping elements with whatever brand you want, is
not going to cost any more than the $400-500 price, as we will have them out during the rebuild
process. If we install the "Chinese" brand element, there is no warranty as to how long they will
last, or if they will be compatible with the engine. (Personally, I believe there should be no issue
with compatibility, but I can't be 100% sure).

As to calibration, we will be able to calibrate the pump, just to a slightly different setting, considering
the fact that the elements will be pumping considerably more fuel. And, yes, the price is still due,
since we are rebuilding the pump, whether it "works" for your goals, or not. If we had to return the
pump back to stock, we would not charge the full price, perhaps only half, since we are only taking
it apart enough to replace the elements with other elements. (This is still a lot of work, since it has
to have the camshaft removed every time the elements need to be changed, but not as difficult
since the pump has already been cleaned and rebuilt).

(As to the Chinese elements not being suitable, the potential problem I foresee would be trying to get
them to "balance". This means setting the fuel delivery between the individual elements "even", or
as close the the same amount as possible. Adjusting the delivery is done at an "idle" fuel delivery rpm
and rack setting, when the fuel delivery is very small. Somewhere around 5-15 mm3, and then checking
and re-setting at a "full load" fuel setting and rpm. Somewhere around 65-70 mm3. If the quality of the
Chinese brand is suspect, it is much harder to get them "even". OEM Bosch elements cost ALOT more,
but the quality is beyond question. Just food for thought!)

Again, if the pump is installed on the car, and doesn't work like you want, we would still return it back
to stock, at half the cost of labor, or so. You, or your friends would still have to provide the other elements
or reuse the original ones, whichever you want, the labor is still the same. ($400-500 for the rebuild, or $200-225
or so to replace the larger elements with another size of your choosing. Basically, after we rebuild the pump,
if we have to take the pump back apart to replace elements, it will cost $200-225).

As to using OEM Bosch 8mm elements, our standard warranty is one year. We will fix any problem with the
pump, including parts or labor. We don't cover any removal or installation costs, or freight expenses.
Pretty standard stuff. But if we rebuild it, and it works like you want, I doubt there will be any problems for years to come.
And yes, the price for labor is the same, $400-500, not including the cost of the Bosch elements.

If someone wants to use 10mm elements, Bosch or Chinese, the price is still the same, and the lack of
a warranty is still the same.

Finally, there are some things I should mention as to the use of these larger elements, whether they are Bosch
or the Chinese brand. As the size of the element is increased, the "segment", which is the sleeve that controls
and moves the element, when it is connected to the "control rack", has to be larger, too. The stock Bosch 5.5mm
element may use the same segment as a 6mm, 6.5mm and so on. I'm not sure at what size element the segment
would need to be changed. It may be that the 8mm element is still the same, but not sure. I am sure that a 10mm
element would require a larger segment. These are things we won't know until we perform repairs on the first
pump. I would suggest that someone be the first to try this with their pump, perhaps supplying us with some 8mm
Bosch and Chinese elements. And, if someone wants to find out if the 10mm elements would work, send those
along as well. We could rebuild one pump first, as a trial pump, and fit the various elements into the housing,
test for fit, and ensure what other parts would be required before any of your friends removed their pumps.
Also remember, we talked about possibly needing larger injectors to compensate for the increase in fuel delivery,
as well as a larger, or special built turbocharger to help feed more air into the engine to help burn the fuel, clean
up the smoke and increase the performance. These will need to be researched to find the best combination for
the goal you are attempting to achieve.

I hope this helps and answers some of your questions.
Call if you need any other info.

Kris Wolfenstein
General Manager
Diesel Power Systems-Becs/Pacific Ltd
600 Enterprise Way
Bakersfield, Ca 93307
661-397-9400

300D50

03-31-2011, 10:55 AM #105
I like everything I've read.

I think that these guys will be the Myna of the US in no time flat!

300D50
03-31-2011, 10:55 AM #105

I like everything I've read.

I think that these guys will be the Myna of the US in no time flat!

garage
Bush Taxi

03-31-2011, 01:09 PM #106
Okay, so should i buy the elements by my lonesome? or does anyone want to do a group buy with me? I think it would be "safer?" to do a group buy?

Whats the part number for these 8mm elements?
This post was last modified: 03-31-2011, 01:11 PM by garage.

garage
03-31-2011, 01:09 PM #106

Okay, so should i buy the elements by my lonesome? or does anyone want to do a group buy with me? I think it would be "safer?" to do a group buy?

Whats the part number for these 8mm elements?

300D50

03-31-2011, 01:14 PM #107
As I said, I'm down for a set, just waiting to send the cash.

A group buy with the elements shipped to one address will save on the shipping, and that person can send them to the shop if you're sending your pump in as well.
This post was last modified: 03-31-2011, 01:17 PM by 300D50.

300D50
03-31-2011, 01:14 PM #107

As I said, I'm down for a set, just waiting to send the cash.

A group buy with the elements shipped to one address will save on the shipping, and that person can send them to the shop if you're sending your pump in as well.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

03-31-2011, 01:26 PM #108
I am down with it too. We'll just have to contact RaderAuto to figure out how to send money.

I'm in the area where DPS located, so I guess the elements can be shipped to me.

Lets get a list going.

300D50
garage
DeliveryValve

DeliveryValve
03-31-2011, 01:26 PM #108

I am down with it too. We'll just have to contact RaderAuto to figure out how to send money.

I'm in the area where DPS located, so I guess the elements can be shipped to me.

Lets get a list going.

300D50
garage
DeliveryValve

garage
Bush Taxi

03-31-2011, 01:28 PM #109
Okay that sounds great!
I still need to find a spair pump to send in.
Do all the pumps need to be sent in at once? or do we have a little bit of time between pumps being sent in?

garage
03-31-2011, 01:28 PM #109

Okay that sounds great!
I still need to find a spair pump to send in.
Do all the pumps need to be sent in at once? or do we have a little bit of time between pumps being sent in?

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

03-31-2011, 01:38 PM #110
I think you will have time. I think if we get Kris a test pump first and then we'll work with him to get the rest in for his mass production install.

The question is who is willing to go first? LOL!

DeliveryValve
03-31-2011, 01:38 PM #110

I think you will have time. I think if we get Kris a test pump first and then we'll work with him to get the rest in for his mass production install.

The question is who is willing to go first? LOL!

garage
Bush Taxi

03-31-2011, 02:10 PM #111
Right on, well im working on it!
Im willing to go first if i acquire a pump and $500 for the rebuildSmile

garage
03-31-2011, 02:10 PM #111

Right on, well im working on it!
Im willing to go first if i acquire a pump and $500 for the rebuildSmile

babymog
K26-2

03-31-2011, 02:25 PM #112
Not in this buy, but I'm thinking the test pump should be someone with a larger turbo and possibly aftercooler so that the full extent of the pump's performance can be tested on the car.

'87 300TDT "Pandora"
Garrett T-30 .55 @ 18.5psi, .970 IP @ 13.5ATDC turned up, #22 head with oblique injection, 4-puck brakes, 215 Michelins on 16x8" Bellos, updates etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZCI0BTWKx8
babymog
03-31-2011, 02:25 PM #112

Not in this buy, but I'm thinking the test pump should be someone with a larger turbo and possibly aftercooler so that the full extent of the pump's performance can be tested on the car.

'87 300TDT "Pandora"
Garrett T-30 .55 @ 18.5psi, .970 IP @ 13.5ATDC turned up, #22 head with oblique injection, 4-puck brakes, 215 Michelins on 16x8" Bellos, updates etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZCI0BTWKx8

stan
Holset

03-31-2011, 03:03 PM #113
if you guys haven't ordered around next week i may want to get elements. i've got a spare 616 pump. i may not have money for the build group buy in time, but we shall see. on the other hand if anyone else wants to build up a 616 turbo and needs a pump, let me know.
stan
03-31-2011, 03:03 PM #113

if you guys haven't ordered around next week i may want to get elements. i've got a spare 616 pump. i may not have money for the build group buy in time, but we shall see. on the other hand if anyone else wants to build up a 616 turbo and needs a pump, let me know.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

04-01-2011, 06:04 PM #114
Count me in for the elements

Captain America
04-01-2011, 06:04 PM #114

Count me in for the elements

garage
Bush Taxi

04-01-2011, 06:25 PM #115
Thats 4 of us!

garage
04-01-2011, 06:25 PM #115

Thats 4 of us!

300SD81
GT2559V

04-01-2011, 07:05 PM #116
I'm in for elements, I can afford to lose ~$60. Gonna have to hold on the pump off until we see if its gonna work tho...

Ich liebe meine Autos!

1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | 156K Miles | 2nd Owner | EGR Disabled [Removal Pending] | ALDA Removed | Straight Pipes | GT2256V??? | Laser Interceptor | Engine swap over summer, hopefully with GT2256V attached...

1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | Odo Stopped at 160K (at least 50K more) | EGR Disabled | ALDA All The Way Out | Straight pipes | FM-870 Remote Start Alarm System | B100 Biodiesel | AC Fixed x2 | Trunk crushed in Sad | Retired to garage.

Excessive speeding? It ain't excessive till I redline!
300SD81
04-01-2011, 07:05 PM #116

I'm in for elements, I can afford to lose ~$60. Gonna have to hold on the pump off until we see if its gonna work tho...

Ich liebe meine Autos!

1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | 156K Miles | 2nd Owner | EGR Disabled [Removal Pending] | ALDA Removed | Straight Pipes | GT2256V??? | Laser Interceptor | Engine swap over summer, hopefully with GT2256V attached...

1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | Odo Stopped at 160K (at least 50K more) | EGR Disabled | ALDA All The Way Out | Straight pipes | FM-870 Remote Start Alarm System | B100 Biodiesel | AC Fixed x2 | Trunk crushed in Sad | Retired to garage.

Excessive speeding? It ain't excessive till I redline!

ForcedInduction
Banned

04-02-2011, 08:40 PM #117
I don't support buying from a Chinese forum spammer.
ForcedInduction
04-02-2011, 08:40 PM #117

I don't support buying from a Chinese forum spammer.

garage
Bush Taxi

04-02-2011, 09:12 PM #118
Forced, Lets say that these elements are actually of decent quality, and once they are installed in the pump they work just as good as Bosch units, and do not wear out, break, cause damage to the engine etcetc after 100,000 miles.
Will you still be against ordering there elements? Just because they are a "spammer"?

garage
04-02-2011, 09:12 PM #118

Forced, Lets say that these elements are actually of decent quality, and once they are installed in the pump they work just as good as Bosch units, and do not wear out, break, cause damage to the engine etcetc after 100,000 miles.
Will you still be against ordering there elements? Just because they are a "spammer"?

dieselboy
Rotatin 5500 times a minute

04-03-2011, 10:47 AM #119
Lol. I'll ask the fuel shop I used to work at what they'll charge. "propulsion controls engineering"

-Jesse

80 300sd hy35, front mount intercooler, w115 intake, rack limiter removed, Alda removed, full load turned up, boost, ebp, trans, pyro, egr delete, 3.5" exhaust, e-fan, 16x8 rims with, 245/50 tires, lowered, bilstien 5100's, 12" front brakes, 2.65:1 diff.
97 f250 psd 4x4, crawler
70 f250 390
83 Volvo 242, lots of mods
66 Volvo amazon

10 mistsubishi fuso service truck.
dieselboy
04-03-2011, 10:47 AM #119

Lol. I'll ask the fuel shop I used to work at what they'll charge. "propulsion controls engineering"

-Jesse

80 300sd hy35, front mount intercooler, w115 intake, rack limiter removed, Alda removed, full load turned up, boost, ebp, trans, pyro, egr delete, 3.5" exhaust, e-fan, 16x8 rims with, 245/50 tires, lowered, bilstien 5100's, 12" front brakes, 2.65:1 diff.
97 f250 psd 4x4, crawler
70 f250 390
66 Volvo amazon

300D50

04-03-2011, 04:11 PM #120
know what the kicker would be? if Myna used Chinese elements...

300D50
04-03-2011, 04:11 PM #120

know what the kicker would be? if Myna used Chinese elements...

garage
Bush Taxi

04-03-2011, 09:59 PM #121
Question regarding the tuning of the pumps with the elements installed.
Is there any need for the rack limiter to be removed if the pump has larger elements.
Would there be any benefit to that? Or are the elements going to be supplying more than enough fuel regardless?
Same question regarding adjustment of the TC, and high idle, etc..

garage
04-03-2011, 09:59 PM #121

Question regarding the tuning of the pumps with the elements installed.
Is there any need for the rack limiter to be removed if the pump has larger elements.
Would there be any benefit to that? Or are the elements going to be supplying more than enough fuel regardless?

winmutt
bitbanger

04-04-2011, 11:46 AM #122
(04-02-2011, 08:40 PM)ForcedInduction I don't support buying from a Chinese forum spammer.

Good for you and I am sure everyone enjoys your opinions.

Clean up on aisle stupid over here. Please take flame wars to other new threads, or better yet to other boards. Nobody cares for this discourse.
This post was last modified: 04-04-2011, 12:24 PM by winmutt.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
04-04-2011, 11:46 AM #122

(04-02-2011, 08:40 PM)ForcedInduction I don't support buying from a Chinese forum spammer.

Good for you and I am sure everyone enjoys your opinions.

Clean up on aisle stupid over here. Please take flame wars to other new threads, or better yet to other boards. Nobody cares for this discourse.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

04-04-2011, 04:20 PM #123
(04-04-2011, 11:46 AM)winmutt
Clean up on aisle stupid over here.

LMFAO!

Captain America
04-04-2011, 04:20 PM #123

(04-04-2011, 11:46 AM)winmutt
Clean up on aisle stupid over here.

LMFAO!

dieselboy
Rotatin 5500 times a minute

04-04-2011, 05:27 PM #124
Lol.. Im down for 2 sets.. i guess the 10mm elements i ordered ill just sell or make art with

-Jesse

97 f250 psd 4x4, crawler
70 f250 390
66 Volvo amazon

dieselboy
04-04-2011, 05:27 PM #124

Lol.. Im down for 2 sets.. i guess the 10mm elements i ordered ill just sell or make art with

-Jesse

97 f250 psd 4x4, crawler
70 f250 390
66 Volvo amazon

300D50

04-04-2011, 05:48 PM #125
Post the number of individual elements in the group buy thread so we can get a headcount.

And if you want, I can take that 10mm set and make it disappear quite easily...

EEEVIL shenanigans await!....

300D50
04-04-2011, 05:48 PM #125

Post the number of individual elements in the group buy thread so we can get a headcount.

And if you want, I can take that 10mm set and make it disappear quite easily...

EEEVIL shenanigans await!....

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

04-04-2011, 05:48 PM #126
(04-04-2011, 05:27 PM)dieselboy Lol.. Im down for 2 sets.. i guess the 10mm elements i ordered ill just sell or make art with

300D50 has been wavering about whether he should go 10mm or 8mm. He going to buy 8mm for now, maybe you could strike a deal with him later.

Just to keep the purchase of how many units in one place, you should should post how many you want here.

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thre...mp-rebuild

DeliveryValve
04-04-2011, 05:48 PM #126

(04-04-2011, 05:27 PM)dieselboy Lol.. Im down for 2 sets.. i guess the 10mm elements i ordered ill just sell or make art with

300D50 has been wavering about whether he should go 10mm or 8mm. He going to buy 8mm for now, maybe you could strike a deal with him later.

Just to keep the purchase of how many units in one place, you should should post how many you want here.

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/thre...mp-rebuild

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

04-05-2011, 02:34 AM #127
(04-03-2011, 09:59 PM)garage Question regarding the tuning of the pumps with the elements installed.

From Kris at Diesel Power Systems.

As to the end user making adjustments, whatever they want.
If they want to make any changes, no problem. They may find
that any further adjustments, i.e., rack limiter removal or torque control, may
just make the engine smoke more.
They may notice improved performance, but will require changes to reduce smoke.
High idle settings will also improve
performance, but can damage the engine if set unusually high. Upping the
rpm's 100-300 over stock is really no problem. Besides, playing with the settings
to get the car running better is part of the fun of working on them.
Hope this helps.

Kris

DeliveryValve
04-05-2011, 02:34 AM #127

(04-03-2011, 09:59 PM)garage Question regarding the tuning of the pumps with the elements installed.

From Kris at Diesel Power Systems.

As to the end user making adjustments, whatever they want.
If they want to make any changes, no problem. They may find
that any further adjustments, i.e., rack limiter removal or torque control, may
just make the engine smoke more.
They may notice improved performance, but will require changes to reduce smoke.
High idle settings will also improve
performance, but can damage the engine if set unusually high. Upping the
rpm's 100-300 over stock is really no problem. Besides, playing with the settings
to get the car running better is part of the fun of working on them.
Hope this helps.

Kris

Oil Burner
Turbo Everyting!!!

04-05-2011, 08:47 AM #128
Where will these pumps be rebuilt? What is the warranty on the rebuild?

08 Ram Cummins 6.7 Mega Cab 4wd Beauty & Towing Mods, 97 Ram Cummins 5.9 Extended Cab 4wd. Engine, Tansmission, and Funtional Mods, 90 Suburban 4wd Stock, 83 300D Pats Car, 80 300CD in Restoration and Fabrication Process( was non turbo...now TurboBig Grin) 75 Ramcharger 4wd Someday Cummins Power ProjectTongue
Oil Burner
04-05-2011, 08:47 AM #128

Where will these pumps be rebuilt? What is the warranty on the rebuild?

08 Ram Cummins 6.7 Mega Cab 4wd Beauty & Towing Mods, 97 Ram Cummins 5.9 Extended Cab 4wd. Engine, Tansmission, and Funtional Mods, 90 Suburban 4wd Stock, 83 300D Pats Car, 80 300CD in Restoration and Fabrication Process( was non turbo...now TurboBig Grin) 75 Ramcharger 4wd Someday Cummins Power ProjectTongue

garage
Bush Taxi

04-05-2011, 09:24 AM #129
Sweet! Thats what i figured.
Sounds like the guy knows what hes talking about.

garage
04-05-2011, 09:24 AM #129

Sweet! Thats what i figured.
Sounds like the guy knows what hes talking about.

yankneck696
Build it so strong & blow it up good !!!

04-05-2011, 12:21 PM #130
Oil Burner, read the thread from the beginning. You will get all the details.

Ed
yankneck696
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM #130

Oil Burner, read the thread from the beginning. You will get all the details.

Ed

300D50

04-05-2011, 01:12 PM #131
I moved his post over from the group buy thread, sorry.

300D50
04-05-2011, 01:12 PM #131

I moved his post over from the group buy thread, sorry.

wlockerb
HX35

06-11-2011, 05:43 PM #132
Has anyone made any progress with this? I am in for a set of elements if this works out! I have my own guy who has a pump bench so keep me informed! I even have an extra pump already out and ready to be fitted. I JUST NEED PARTS!!!!

1985 300sd is in the rebuild process now, upgraded pump to 8mm elements(if i can ever get parts), hx35 turbo off of a cummins 5.9

wlockerb
06-11-2011, 05:43 PM #132

Has anyone made any progress with this? I am in for a set of elements if this works out! I have my own guy who has a pump bench so keep me informed! I even have an extra pump already out and ready to be fitted. I JUST NEED PARTS!!!!

1985 300sd is in the rebuild process now, upgraded pump to 8mm elements(if i can ever get parts), hx35 turbo off of a cummins 5.9

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

06-13-2011, 05:30 PM #133
I made a response on post #42 on the group buy thread.

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/show...?pid=30596

DeliveryValve
06-13-2011, 05:30 PM #133

I made a response on post #42 on the group buy thread.

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/show...?pid=30596

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average