STD Tuning Engine Leaking injector fuel lines

Leaking injector fuel lines

Leaking injector fuel lines

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sokoji
Unregistered

10-04-2010, 11:10 PM #1
So for a little background, I am swapping an om617a into my Toyota pickup and I have it in and currently running. Only problem is that its leaking copious amounts of diesel from the fuel supply lines on the first two injectors and also pooling up on top of the fuel filter. Now it wasn't leaking when it was in the 300sd but I took the fuel supply lines off to try and bleed the air out and used the hand pump(probably used it way to much but it just wouldn't start). I have tried taking the hard lines on and off to see if they would seal back up but no luck so far. Is there some kind of thread sealant that your supposed to use?
Sorry for the long post but its pretty much not drivable seeing as the diesel is practically water-falling off the side of the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sokoji
10-04-2010, 11:10 PM #1

So for a little background, I am swapping an om617a into my Toyota pickup and I have it in and currently running. Only problem is that its leaking copious amounts of diesel from the fuel supply lines on the first two injectors and also pooling up on top of the fuel filter. Now it wasn't leaking when it was in the 300sd but I took the fuel supply lines off to try and bleed the air out and used the hand pump(probably used it way to much but it just wouldn't start). I have tried taking the hard lines on and off to see if they would seal back up but no luck so far. Is there some kind of thread sealant that your supposed to use?
Sorry for the long post but its pretty much not drivable seeing as the diesel is practically water-falling off the side of the engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ForcedInduction
Banned

10-05-2010, 06:22 AM #2
The crush washers are one use. You don't need to loosen anything to bleed the system, there is a hole already in the filter base to the return side for that.
This post was last modified: 10-05-2010, 06:23 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
10-05-2010, 06:22 AM #2

The crush washers are one use. You don't need to loosen anything to bleed the system, there is a hole already in the filter base to the return side for that.

George3soccer
Holset

10-05-2010, 06:07 PM #3
Install new copper crush washers.
George3soccer
10-05-2010, 06:07 PM #3

Install new copper crush washers.

sokoji
Unregistered

10-05-2010, 06:23 PM #4
Thanks for the quick replies, will do.

So on further inspection it didn't turn out to be the washers at all but was the injector leak lines. Got them replaced doesn't leak a drop.
This post was last modified: 10-10-2010, 12:54 PM by sokoji.
sokoji
10-05-2010, 06:23 PM #4

Thanks for the quick replies, will do.

So on further inspection it didn't turn out to be the washers at all but was the injector leak lines. Got them replaced doesn't leak a drop.

mr_manny
Diesel Offroad Club

08-21-2011, 10:34 PM #5
mine was the crush-washers...pretty easy fix Smile

http://youtu.be/RA9iC7yOd74?hd=1

copper crush-washer were a little stubborn to get out.

Toyota fj40 Landcruiser with a Mercedes om617 3.0L turbo diesel Smile
mr_manny
08-21-2011, 10:34 PM #5

mine was the crush-washers...pretty easy fix Smile

http://youtu.be/RA9iC7yOd74?hd=1

copper crush-washer were a little stubborn to get out.

Toyota fj40 Landcruiser with a Mercedes om617 3.0L turbo diesel Smile

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average