STD Other Open The Mercedes Nod

The Mercedes Nod

The Mercedes Nod

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

garage
Bush Taxi

09-30-2010, 04:53 PM #1
I must say..i do love driving, maintaining, fixing, modifying, and owning my Mercedes Benz diesel powered automobile. IMO it is definetly one of the finer things in life to enjoy. As i cruise the freeways i come across 3or4 other diesel Benz owners a month. Its a funny thing, that i wonder if anyone else experiances..almost every time i catch up to a diesel Benz the the drivers almost always smile and nod, or give a big thumbs up! Its the coolest thing..like a cult following almost. They all must know what wonderful automobiles they own.

I dont know about you guys but i consider my car to be one of the better things in life! I just cant get enough of her..Heart

This post was last modified: 09-30-2010, 04:53 PM by garage.

1987 300D: EGR Delete, ARV Delete, Cold Air Intake...
garage
09-30-2010, 04:53 PM #1

I must say..i do love driving, maintaining, fixing, modifying, and owning my Mercedes Benz diesel powered automobile. IMO it is definetly one of the finer things in life to enjoy. As i cruise the freeways i come across 3or4 other diesel Benz owners a month. Its a funny thing, that i wonder if anyone else experiances..almost every time i catch up to a diesel Benz the the drivers almost always smile and nod, or give a big thumbs up! Its the coolest thing..like a cult following almost. They all must know what wonderful automobiles they own.

I dont know about you guys but i consider my car to be one of the better things in life! I just cant get enough of her..Heart

totaldisaster
lightly modded OM606

10-01-2010, 12:17 AM #2
I don't get any love around here.

pretty sad. there's quite a few diesels here, too.

I guess you get more street cred in SoCal by being retro. Here, its just a fact of life.
totaldisaster
10-01-2010, 12:17 AM #2

I don't get any love around here.

pretty sad. there's quite a few diesels here, too.

I guess you get more street cred in SoCal by being retro. Here, its just a fact of life.

garage
Bush Taxi

10-01-2010, 12:27 AM #3
Im not sure it has much to do with being retro.
...ive never thought of a w123 as retro either.

garage
10-01-2010, 12:27 AM #3

Im not sure it has much to do with being retro.
...ive never thought of a w123 as retro either.

totaldisaster
lightly modded OM606

10-01-2010, 12:32 AM #4
hmm... here, it was a hipster thing when the biofuel fad was bubblin' real hard.

Besides looking slick, I think the 123 thing doesn't appeal to those types as heavily anymore.

they realized they didn't know how to fix them... i guess
totaldisaster
10-01-2010, 12:32 AM #4

hmm... here, it was a hipster thing when the biofuel fad was bubblin' real hard.

Besides looking slick, I think the 123 thing doesn't appeal to those types as heavily anymore.

they realized they didn't know how to fix them... i guess

garage
Bush Taxi

10-01-2010, 12:44 AM #5
Its funny everyone thinks these cars are "over complicated", wich is false, once you learn a little about them they are very simple to work on, "over engineered" very well may be the case...wich is somthing im proud to say.

What part of the US are you in Total?

The thing that surprises me being in SoCal, and getting freindly nods and thumbs up from diesel benz owners is, usually everyone here has too much road rage to do somthing like that.
But the people who drive the diesel Benz's realize what there driving and awknowledge that the Benz pulling up beside them is a great car to own and the people driving them have just a little somthing in common.

Now when im beside a F-350 with a diesel, they just wanna mash the gas...everytime....wich of course can be fun too...once i have bigger elements..and a turbo!
This post was last modified: 10-01-2010, 12:48 AM by garage.

garage
10-01-2010, 12:44 AM #5

Its funny everyone thinks these cars are "over complicated", wich is false, once you learn a little about them they are very simple to work on, "over engineered" very well may be the case...wich is somthing im proud to say.

What part of the US are you in Total?

The thing that surprises me being in SoCal, and getting freindly nods and thumbs up from diesel benz owners is, usually everyone here has too much road rage to do somthing like that.
But the people who drive the diesel Benz's realize what there driving and awknowledge that the Benz pulling up beside them is a great car to own and the people driving them have just a little somthing in common.

Now when im beside a F-350 with a diesel, they just wanna mash the gas...everytime....wich of course can be fun too...once i have bigger elements..and a turbo!

JB3
Superturbo

10-01-2010, 09:08 AM #6
Same deal here, if you see another older MB like yours, you do the hand wave or the horn toot. Yesterday I saw 5 123s! But unfortunately I was in a van. Angry

Garage, I bet you do the same thing I do with my 240, I see a 300D a long ways off puttering along with invariably a hippie or old guy in it, and I make sure to pass the 300D with at least 20 mph overtaking speed in the 240 with half the HP. I give a toot as I fly by. I never get tired of doing that, I can never understand why many 123 owners never drive these cars fast.

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
10-01-2010, 09:08 AM #6

Same deal here, if you see another older MB like yours, you do the hand wave or the horn toot. Yesterday I saw 5 123s! But unfortunately I was in a van. Angry

Garage, I bet you do the same thing I do with my 240, I see a 300D a long ways off puttering along with invariably a hippie or old guy in it, and I make sure to pass the 300D with at least 20 mph overtaking speed in the 240 with half the HP. I give a toot as I fly by. I never get tired of doing that, I can never understand why many 123 owners never drive these cars fast.

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

10-01-2010, 09:35 AM #7
Well I usually Give guys the finger as I'm passing and the "Your fuckin' gay dude" Dodgy look. But thats because everyone else that drives these cars is super lame, and its a shame.

Now on the other hand, if I saw Garage, Rudolf, Drop, J-Sauce, Eric, or anyone on STD I would say what up! and then proceed to go into race mode. Forced would still get the finger... Tongue ha!ha
This post was last modified: 10-01-2010, 09:36 AM by Captain America.

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
10-01-2010, 09:35 AM #7

Well I usually Give guys the finger as I'm passing and the "Your fuckin' gay dude" Dodgy look. But thats because everyone else that drives these cars is super lame, and its a shame.

Now on the other hand, if I saw Garage, Rudolf, Drop, J-Sauce, Eric, or anyone on STD I would say what up! and then proceed to go into race mode. Forced would still get the finger... Tongue ha!ha

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

10-01-2010, 09:40 AM #8
(10-01-2010, 09:35 AM)Captain America Well I usually Give guys the finger as I'm passing and the "Your fuckin' gay dude" Dodgy look. But thats because everyone else that drives these cars is super lame, and its a shame.

Big Grin Thanks for the laugh this morning...

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.
Rudolf_Diesel
10-01-2010, 09:40 AM #8

(10-01-2010, 09:35 AM)Captain America Well I usually Give guys the finger as I'm passing and the "Your fuckin' gay dude" Dodgy look. But thats because everyone else that drives these cars is super lame, and its a shame.

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

10-01-2010, 11:34 AM #9
(10-01-2010, 09:40 AM)Rudolf_Diesel

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
10-01-2010, 11:34 AM #9

garage
Bush Taxi

10-01-2010, 12:36 PM #10
(10-01-2010, 09:08 AM)dropnosky Same deal here, if you see another older MB like yours, you do the hand wave or the horn toot. Yesterday I saw 5 123s! But unfortunately I was in a van. Angry

HAHA its always a hippie or an old dude!!

Well i usually catch up to them as quick as i can, i pull up beside them, give a nice little thumbs up and floor it.
Unfortunetly they NEVER EVER decide to floor it also.

Yeah everytime i see one there always in the slowlane..i dont get it, these cars love freeway flying!

Oh gosh Capt that was pretty darn funny!

I usually give the "your fuckin gay dude" look to anyone that has a "I <3 my Honda" sticker or a bodykit on there japcrap, and the dudes with loud exhausts on there diesel trucks blowin smoke everywhere
Everyone else im usually driving too "fast" to bother.
This post was last modified: 10-01-2010, 12:41 PM by garage.

garage
10-01-2010, 12:36 PM #10

(10-01-2010, 09:08 AM)dropnosky Same deal here, if you see another older MB like yours, you do the hand wave or the horn toot. Yesterday I saw 5 123s! But unfortunately I was in a van. Angry

HAHA its always a hippie or an old dude!!

Well i usually catch up to them as quick as i can, i pull up beside them, give a nice little thumbs up and floor it.
Unfortunetly they NEVER EVER decide to floor it also.

Yeah everytime i see one there always in the slowlane..i dont get it, these cars love freeway flying!

I usually give the "your fuckin gay dude" look to anyone that has a "I <3 my Honda" sticker or a bodykit on there japcrap, and the dudes with loud exhausts on there diesel trucks blowin smoke everywhere

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

10-01-2010, 02:08 PM #11
(10-01-2010, 12:36 PM)garage

I, usually try to sneak up past the jap lovers, get in front of them and floor it. They love the nasty Grey smoke that emits from the bowels of the tank. It is such a nice feeling when someone tail gates or cuts me off and I can just fuck the whole front of their car up with the shit cloud that comes out of my exhaust.
(10-01-2010, 11:34 AM)DeliveryValve

Where the hell did you find that !?!

Nevermind... Got it.
This post was last modified: 10-01-2010, 02:18 PM by Captain America.

Captain America
10-01-2010, 02:08 PM #11

(10-01-2010, 12:36 PM)garage

I, usually try to sneak up past the jap lovers, get in front of them and floor it. They love the nasty Grey smoke that emits from the bowels of the tank. It is such a nice feeling when someone tail gates or cuts me off and I can just fuck the whole front of their car up with the shit cloud that comes out of my exhaust.
(10-01-2010, 11:34 AM)DeliveryValve

Where the hell did you find that !?!

Nevermind... Got it.

garage
Bush Taxi

10-01-2010, 03:09 PM #12
Yeah my car dosnt smoke that much, so i dont have that luxuryTongue
Once i yank the rack limiter and turn up the torque capsule im sure ill have plenty of soot!

garage
10-01-2010, 03:09 PM #12

Yeah my car dosnt smoke that much, so i dont have that luxuryTongue
Once i yank the rack limiter and turn up the torque capsule im sure ill have plenty of soot!

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

10-01-2010, 04:35 PM #13
I hate it too be honest. I wish it didn't smoke at all.

Captain America
10-01-2010, 04:35 PM #13

I hate it too be honest. I wish it didn't smoke at all.

JB3
Superturbo

10-01-2010, 09:23 PM #14
(10-01-2010, 04:35 PM)Captain America I hate it too be honest. I wish it didn't smoke at all.

You have the wrong car to wish that! Big Grin

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
10-01-2010, 09:23 PM #14

(10-01-2010, 04:35 PM)Captain America I hate it too be honest. I wish it didn't smoke at all.

You have the wrong car to wish that! Big Grin

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

10-01-2010, 09:40 PM #15
If the smoke was black like you see normally there would be no issue, but mine is a nasty grey aweful smoke....

Captain America
10-01-2010, 09:40 PM #15

If the smoke was black like you see normally there would be no issue, but mine is a nasty grey aweful smoke....

ForcedInduction
Banned

10-02-2010, 05:59 AM #16
I just floor it past them and let the turbo whistle and straight pipe say hello.
ForcedInduction
10-02-2010, 05:59 AM #16

I just floor it past them and let the turbo whistle and straight pipe say hello.

garage
Bush Taxi

10-02-2010, 01:29 PM #17
Spotted a Mercedes Sprinter van with Washington plates and a CDI badge on the rear, on the 15fwy today. I sped past them at about 85, and they gunned it caught up and gave me a thumbs up while laughing!!

garage
10-02-2010, 01:29 PM #17

Spotted a Mercedes Sprinter van with Washington plates and a CDI badge on the rear, on the 15fwy today. I sped past them at about 85, and they gunned it caught up and gave me a thumbs up while laughing!!

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

10-02-2010, 02:27 PM #18
Nice!

Captain America
10-02-2010, 02:27 PM #18

Nice!

Silberpfeil
Slowly Sideways

10-02-2010, 03:58 PM #19
The nod (usually a wave through the sunroof) works ALL the time for me here in upstate NY with one notable exception.

Of all things a guy in his 50s driving a 280ce was the only one that DID NOT GET IT.

A year ago I used to know about 12 w123s within 20 mins of me.

And you guys are right none of them ever speed--that is except the one I know well (what a surprise)Tongue

"Molly" Jan. '84 black/tan 300d 180k miles, two owner car
Silberpfeil
10-02-2010, 03:58 PM #19

The nod (usually a wave through the sunroof) works ALL the time for me here in upstate NY with one notable exception.

Of all things a guy in his 50s driving a 280ce was the only one that DID NOT GET IT.

A year ago I used to know about 12 w123s within 20 mins of me.

And you guys are right none of them ever speed--that is except the one I know well (what a surprise)Tongue

"Molly" Jan. '84 black/tan 300d 180k miles, two owner car

winmutt
bitbanger

10-08-2010, 02:38 PM #20
I wave occasionally. Especially to the ones that are falling apart rust buckets. Gotta make someones day.

Once at work I had a smoking hot chick practically fall over herself to catch up with me and say she really liked my car. I reaally wanted to give her a ride in it to if you know what I mean. Made my year.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM #20

I wave occasionally. Especially to the ones that are falling apart rust buckets. Gotta make someones day.

Once at work I had a smoking hot chick practically fall over herself to catch up with me and say she really liked my car. I reaally wanted to give her a ride in it to if you know what I mean. Made my year.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
OBK #42

garage
Bush Taxi

10-08-2010, 03:20 PM #21
(10-08-2010, 02:38 PM)winmutt I wave occasionally. Especially to the ones that are falling apart rust buckets. Gotta make someones day.

Damn i wish that would happen to me ha!!
I think my car scares most of dem hoes away..Dodgy

Need to get me a nice cleeeeaannn car like yours Winmutt.

garage
10-08-2010, 03:20 PM #21

(10-08-2010, 02:38 PM)winmutt I wave occasionally. Especially to the ones that are falling apart rust buckets. Gotta make someones day.

Damn i wish that would happen to me ha!!
I think my car scares most of dem hoes away..Dodgy

Need to get me a nice cleeeeaannn car like yours Winmutt.

winmutt
bitbanger

10-08-2010, 03:34 PM #22
This was the 85 with ratty paint job..... And she was smoking hot, there was a photographer who shot models in the building at the time. Her car was almost cooler. Old 80s CJ5 all rusted out. Girl got props.
This post was last modified: 10-08-2010, 03:35 PM by winmutt.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
OBK #42
winmutt
10-08-2010, 03:34 PM #22

This was the 85 with ratty paint job..... And she was smoking hot, there was a photographer who shot models in the building at the time. Her car was almost cooler. Old 80s CJ5 all rusted out. Girl got props.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
OBK #42

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

10-09-2010, 12:32 AM #23
There was a cute girl riding in my car once, She said she liked the way it smelled (diesel) she instantly moved up to an 8+ in the 1-10 scale of hottness

Captain America
10-09-2010, 12:32 AM #23

There was a cute girl riding in my car once, She said she liked the way it smelled (diesel) she instantly moved up to an 8+ in the 1-10 scale of hottness

larsalan
Superturbo

10-09-2010, 02:34 AM #24
I held back cause I thought it was cheesy but, my old lady insisted I search for a 123 because she thinks the 126s "look like every other car". She like many others think that the 123 and 116 are pretty. I have to agree, I would love a om617 116.
larsalan
10-09-2010, 02:34 AM #24

I held back cause I thought it was cheesy but, my old lady insisted I search for a 123 because she thinks the 126s "look like every other car". She like many others think that the 123 and 116 are pretty. I have to agree, I would love a om617 116.

garage
Bush Taxi

10-09-2010, 01:38 PM #25
(10-09-2010, 02:34 AM)larsalan I held back cause I thought it was cheesy but, my old lady insisted I search for a 123 because she thinks the 126s "look like every other car". She like many others think that the 123 and 116 are pretty. I have to agree, I would love a om617 116.

I belive all w116 diesels were om617.

garage
10-09-2010, 01:38 PM #25

(10-09-2010, 02:34 AM)larsalan I held back cause I thought it was cheesy but, my old lady insisted I search for a 123 because she thinks the 126s "look like every other car". She like many others think that the 123 and 116 are pretty. I have to agree, I would love a om617 116.

I belive all w116 diesels were om617.

larsalan
Superturbo

10-09-2010, 02:30 PM #26
oops I mean the 114 or 115. I am new to this i mean the older round headlight model not the one that looks like a 126
larsalan
10-09-2010, 02:30 PM #26

oops I mean the 114 or 115. I am new to this i mean the older round headlight model not the one that looks like a 126

metrovita
Unregistered

10-09-2010, 07:30 PM #27
That Nod goes to VW drivers too.....not to mention Miata's and many other cars with cult following.....everything except for Ricers and them Honda Civics/Acura Integras. Smile
metrovita
10-09-2010, 07:30 PM #27

That Nod goes to VW drivers too.....not to mention Miata's and many other cars with cult following.....everything except for Ricers and them Honda Civics/Acura Integras. Smile

garage
Bush Taxi

10-10-2010, 09:39 AM #28
It definetly does not go to all VW drivers for me, when i see i diesel i definetly check out there car, buut the other day, as i just got done putting $15 of diesel in at the shell station, some dude pulls up in a silver GTI. I start my car as this dude gets out of his, and he looks over at me and plugs his nose and waves his hand?? So i flip this guy the bird, revv up my oil burner and popped the clutch out of there.
But i do enjoy a nice VeeDub, i have a soft spot for Bajas..really all
Beetles.

The only other cars besides Mercedes that get a nod from me on the freeways is cars of similar body styles/years. Older Bimmers, and Volvos definetly.

garage
10-10-2010, 09:39 AM #28

It definetly does not go to all VW drivers for me, when i see i diesel i definetly check out there car, buut the other day, as i just got done putting $15 of diesel in at the shell station, some dude pulls up in a silver GTI. I start my car as this dude gets out of his, and he looks over at me and plugs his nose and waves his hand?? So i flip this guy the bird, revv up my oil burner and popped the clutch out of there.
But i do enjoy a nice VeeDub, i have a soft spot for Bajas..really all
Beetles.

The only other cars besides Mercedes that get a nod from me on the freeways is cars of similar body styles/years. Older Bimmers, and Volvos definetly.

Duckinator17
Diesel Lover

10-10-2010, 08:32 PM #29
Few months ago I pulled up next to a black VW Jetta TDI @ a red light. It turned green just as I got to the line so being my 16 year-old self, I floor it. I got the holeshot on him with about two car lengths, and a nice cloud of smoke behind me. I heard him shifting and his turbo spooling as he gunned it and came along even with me. Looks over and yells, "Turbo Diesel!" with the thumbs up. I thumbs up back and smile but had to slow down and pull into a drive way. It was pretty cool...

Other than that there aren't any other Mercedes diesel around here. There is one cream yellow W126 diesel, but I see it very seldomly. There are a few W124 and newer ones and a old red W116 230CE i believe.
I have the only Mercedes at my school, the only diesel, and the only turbo.

This car is awesome. Big Grin

'81 300SD- OM617.951, Turned-up Pump, Pushing 12PSI, 2.5" Turbo-Back Straight Pipe, Euro Head Lights, ALDA Removed, No EGR, Camo Dash + Seat Covers, DU Floor Mats, Cobra CB, LED Trunk lights, 12V outlets in the trunk, and other things...
Duckinator17
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM #29

Few months ago I pulled up next to a black VW Jetta TDI @ a red light. It turned green just as I got to the line so being my 16 year-old self, I floor it. I got the holeshot on him with about two car lengths, and a nice cloud of smoke behind me. I heard him shifting and his turbo spooling as he gunned it and came along even with me. Looks over and yells, "Turbo Diesel!" with the thumbs up. I thumbs up back and smile but had to slow down and pull into a drive way. It was pretty cool...

Other than that there aren't any other Mercedes diesel around here. There is one cream yellow W126 diesel, but I see it very seldomly. There are a few W124 and newer ones and a old red W116 230CE i believe.
I have the only Mercedes at my school, the only diesel, and the only turbo.

This car is awesome. Big Grin

'81 300SD- OM617.951, Turned-up Pump, Pushing 12PSI, 2.5" Turbo-Back Straight Pipe, Euro Head Lights, ALDA Removed, No EGR, Camo Dash + Seat Covers, DU Floor Mats, Cobra CB, LED Trunk lights, 12V outlets in the trunk, and other things...

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

10-10-2010, 11:13 PM #30
I get the occasional nod with the w123. When I first bought the Passat TDI wagon some few years ago, I would get the nod frequently. But now with more TDIs on the road it's becoming less. With the Toyotas.... never! Wink

DeliveryValve
10-10-2010, 11:13 PM #30

I get the occasional nod with the w123. When I first bought the Passat TDI wagon some few years ago, I would get the nod frequently. But now with more TDIs on the road it's becoming less. With the Toyotas.... never! Wink

JB3
Superturbo

10-11-2010, 08:44 AM #31
(10-10-2010, 11:13 PM)DeliveryValve I get the occasional nod with the w123. When I first bought the Passat TDI wagon some few years ago, I would get the nod frequently. But now with more TDIs on the road it's becoming less. With the Toyotas.... never! Wink

yeah, the newer TDI owners look down their nose at the old smokers in my experience, damn them! Big Grin The new ones are so close to gas cars in many ways that apart from using a different pump, new owners have almost left the fraternity of diesel owners and tinkerers, they have forgotten their past and VW diesel history!

I LOVE the old VW 1.6 diesel, theres not that many engines out there that can be timed with a popsicle stick! Big Grin If only it had more than 50hp Rolleyes

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
10-11-2010, 08:44 AM #31

(10-10-2010, 11:13 PM)DeliveryValve I get the occasional nod with the w123. When I first bought the Passat TDI wagon some few years ago, I would get the nod frequently. But now with more TDIs on the road it's becoming less. With the Toyotas.... never! Wink

yeah, the newer TDI owners look down their nose at the old smokers in my experience, damn them! Big Grin The new ones are so close to gas cars in many ways that apart from using a different pump, new owners have almost left the fraternity of diesel owners and tinkerers, they have forgotten their past and VW diesel history!

I LOVE the old VW 1.6 diesel, theres not that many engines out there that can be timed with a popsicle stick! Big Grin If only it had more than 50hp Rolleyes

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average