STD Tuning Engine Shut off Diesel on gasser chassis.

Shut off Diesel on gasser chassis.

Shut off Diesel on gasser chassis.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

George3soccer
Holset

09-28-2010, 02:15 PM #1
Ok guys dont even know how to approach this.

If you guys remember I have done a 603 swap into a w201. Everything is going very smoothly, taking lots of time (being a ME major takes allot of my time.) So I got the motor to run, idle's very low for now until I raise that, ditched the EDS system, Got the glow plugs to work, retrofitted most of it.

So finally my next task is what is a way to get this motor to kill itself once I turn off the car with the key. Is there any way I can link the ignition switch to the IP to get it to kill the motor.

Or is my only option available is plumb up a line to the kill lever to kill the motor manually from the cabin.

Let me know what you guys think..
George3soccer
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM #1

Ok guys dont even know how to approach this.

If you guys remember I have done a 603 swap into a w201. Everything is going very smoothly, taking lots of time (being a ME major takes allot of my time.) So I got the motor to run, idle's very low for now until I raise that, ditched the EDS system, Got the glow plugs to work, retrofitted most of it.

So finally my next task is what is a way to get this motor to kill itself once I turn off the car with the key. Is there any way I can link the ignition switch to the IP to get it to kill the motor.

Or is my only option available is plumb up a line to the kill lever to kill the motor manually from the cabin.

Let me know what you guys think..

tomnik
Holset

09-28-2010, 02:42 PM #2
can you use the ignition key assembly from a diesel where a vac switch applies vac to the IP?
Or you install an electric vac valve operated with the key that puts vac to the shut off of the IP.

Tom
tomnik
09-28-2010, 02:42 PM #2

can you use the ignition key assembly from a diesel where a vac switch applies vac to the IP?
Or you install an electric vac valve operated with the key that puts vac to the shut off of the IP.

Tom

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

09-28-2010, 02:48 PM #3
(09-28-2010, 02:42 PM)tomnik can you use the ignition key assembly from a diesel where a vac switch applies vac to the IP?

Tom

Sounds like a good idea on the electric vacuum switch...

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
09-28-2010, 02:48 PM #3

(09-28-2010, 02:42 PM)tomnik can you use the ignition key assembly from a diesel where a vac switch applies vac to the IP?

Tom

Sounds like a good idea on the electric vacuum switch...

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

George3soccer
Holset

09-28-2010, 03:58 PM #4
Thank you tomnik, do you know how much pressure is needed to shut the IP down.
This post was last modified: 09-28-2010, 03:59 PM by George3soccer.
George3soccer
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM #4

Thank you tomnik, do you know how much pressure is needed to shut the IP down.

E300TSC
Turbo-Supercharged

09-28-2010, 06:41 PM #5
This is very easy. Get yourself an EGR solenoid and wire it to the ignition. Connect the lines so that when the solenoid is energised, no vacuum gets to the shut off on the pump. There's no pressure involved, only vacuum.

This one should work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Standard-...ccessories

Or this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EGR-Vacuu...ccessories

You can also get one off a junker so you can get the weatherpack connector too.

If you decide to go with the GM valve, get with me and I'll tell you how to configure it for your application.
This post was last modified: 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM by E300TSC.

1998 MB E300 - 194,000 miles. Current/future mods: 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 Turbo feeding Eaton M90 supercharger through custom fabbed intake system. Aeroturbine muffler, scratch-built 4" stainless exhaust. EGR eliminated, ECM recalibrated, modified rack position feedback circuit. Porterfield RS brake pads, Bilstein sport shocks, VDO EGT, oil and boost gauges.

2000 Ford F250 - 150,000 miles. Current/future mods: DP Tuner 3 map chip, scratch-built high flow intake, high output IDM, open circuit fuel system, ball bearing turbo, South Bend full metal clutch, slotted and drilled rotors. Autometer Sport Comp EGT and boost gauges.
E300TSC
09-28-2010, 06:41 PM #5

This is very easy. Get yourself an EGR solenoid and wire it to the ignition. Connect the lines so that when the solenoid is energised, no vacuum gets to the shut off on the pump. There's no pressure involved, only vacuum.

This one should work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Standard-...ccessories

Or this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EGR-Vacuu...ccessories

You can also get one off a junker so you can get the weatherpack connector too.

If you decide to go with the GM valve, get with me and I'll tell you how to configure it for your application.

1998 MB E300 - 194,000 miles. Current/future mods: 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 Turbo feeding Eaton M90 supercharger through custom fabbed intake system. Aeroturbine muffler, scratch-built 4" stainless exhaust. EGR eliminated, ECM recalibrated, modified rack position feedback circuit. Porterfield RS brake pads, Bilstein sport shocks, VDO EGT, oil and boost gauges.

2000 Ford F250 - 150,000 miles. Current/future mods: DP Tuner 3 map chip, scratch-built high flow intake, high output IDM, open circuit fuel system, ball bearing turbo, South Bend full metal clutch, slotted and drilled rotors. Autometer Sport Comp EGT and boost gauges.

Jetmugg
GT2256V

09-28-2010, 09:01 PM #6
Just get the vacuum switch from a W201 diesel car. That would be very straightforward and "factory" MB. The vac switch is just a little module that attaches to the back of the "ignition" switch.

SteveM.
Jetmugg
09-28-2010, 09:01 PM #6

Just get the vacuum switch from a W201 diesel car. That would be very straightforward and "factory" MB. The vac switch is just a little module that attaches to the back of the "ignition" switch.

SteveM.

George3soccer
Holset

09-28-2010, 10:20 PM #7
Thank you guys for the help. I totally forgot about the egr selonoids.

I was looking at more high advance electric vacuum switches like these.

http://www.anver.com/document/vacuum%20c...-ncno!.htm

I emailed them forthe quote, but I was thinking to hard I totally forgot about the egr stuff. Will be playing a order for it in a few days.

If not I will still search for a w201 vacuum ignition switch.
George3soccer
09-28-2010, 10:20 PM #7

Thank you guys for the help. I totally forgot about the egr selonoids.

I was looking at more high advance electric vacuum switches like these.

http://www.anver.com/document/vacuum%20c...-ncno!.htm

I emailed them forthe quote, but I was thinking to hard I totally forgot about the egr stuff. Will be playing a order for it in a few days.

If not I will still search for a w201 vacuum ignition switch.

George3soccer
Holset

08-03-2012, 01:44 PM #8
hey guys i am resurrecting this post for a follow up.

I need some information about the factory w201 diesel vacuum valve switch, I have found one on autohausaz is this what I am looking for.

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product...um%20Valve

Vacuum valve at steering lock.

My next question is will the stock 190E 2.3 steering tumber work with this diesel valve. And next I presume one of the lines goes to the back of the IP, and where am i pulling this vacuum from?

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 1986 w201 190E 2.3-16v
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
08-03-2012, 01:44 PM #8

hey guys i am resurrecting this post for a follow up.

I need some information about the factory w201 diesel vacuum valve switch, I have found one on autohausaz is this what I am looking for.

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product...um%20Valve

Vacuum valve at steering lock.

My next question is will the stock 190E 2.3 steering tumber work with this diesel valve. And next I presume one of the lines goes to the back of the IP, and where am i pulling this vacuum from?

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

aaa
GT2256V

08-03-2012, 01:48 PM #9
The gasser ignition housing has a cast flat spot for the valve, but apparently they skip out on the drill-a-hole-for-it part. It is not bolt on.

Vacuum comes from the vacuum pump, usually from a nipple on the diesel brake booster line.
aaa
08-03-2012, 01:48 PM #9

The gasser ignition housing has a cast flat spot for the valve, but apparently they skip out on the drill-a-hole-for-it part. It is not bolt on.

Vacuum comes from the vacuum pump, usually from a nipple on the diesel brake booster line.

George3soccer
Holset

08-03-2012, 04:17 PM #10
ok so just to clarify things up this vacuum valve going on the back of the ignition switch. If I look at the picture of the switch it looks like there could have been holes drilled in for the valve. Looks like I only need the valve.
[Image: 0004600284.jpg]

[Image: 2025450104.jpg]

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
08-03-2012, 04:17 PM #10

ok so just to clarify things up this vacuum valve going on the back of the ignition switch. If I look at the picture of the switch it looks like there could have been holes drilled in for the valve. Looks like I only need the valve.
[Image: 0004600284.jpg]

[Image: 2025450104.jpg]

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

aaa
GT2256V

08-03-2012, 04:24 PM #11
The valve does not go on the switch, it goes on the remainder of the ignition assembly. You can see one of the two flat spots at the top of this pic of a 300SD ignition, the valve is attached to the back.

[Image: ignition21.JPG]
aaa
08-03-2012, 04:24 PM #11

The valve does not go on the switch, it goes on the remainder of the ignition assembly. You can see one of the two flat spots at the top of this pic of a 300SD ignition, the valve is attached to the back.

[Image: ignition21.JPG]

George3soccer
Holset

08-10-2012, 07:06 AM #12
Ok guys here's what's going on. I went out to the stealership an bought the vacuum valve. Found the the spot for it on the tumbler. It was predrilled and had its appropriate taps. Installed the valve went to the IP pulled a line from the Vacuum shut off actuator. And then pulled a line from the booster. It didn't shut the motor. But pulled the stop lever close to shutting it off. Do you think the culprit would be the shut off actuator on top of the pump.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
08-10-2012, 07:06 AM #12

Ok guys here's what's going on. I went out to the stealership an bought the vacuum valve. Found the the spot for it on the tumbler. It was predrilled and had its appropriate taps. Installed the valve went to the IP pulled a line from the Vacuum shut off actuator. And then pulled a line from the booster. It didn't shut the motor. But pulled the stop lever close to shutting it off. Do you think the culprit would be the shut off actuator on top of the pump.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

OM616
10mm MW

08-10-2012, 12:52 PM #13
(08-10-2012, 07:06 AM)George3soccer Ok guys here's what's going on. I went out to the stealership an bought the vacuum valve. Found the the spot for it on the tumbler. It was predrilled and had its appropriate taps. Installed the valve went to the IP pulled a line from the Vacuum shut off actuator. And then pulled a line from the booster. It didn't shut the motor. But pulled the stop lever close to shutting it off. Do you think the culprit would be the shut off actuator on top of the pump.

I have a 190e that I converted and have yet to build in a key shutoff ability. I may most likely get a switch assembly from a 190d, but if it is possible to just add the valve, that would be great as I have one.

I did remove the valve from my 123 switch and saw that there is a plastic cam in the lock assembly that works the switch, I wonder if the gas switch has the cam in it? Also I found that the switch flows as it sits on a bench, it stops the flow when the valve button is pushed.

Note on the valve and the vacuum hoses;
I also found that my 300d had low vacuum some time ago, the cause was the shutoff valve lines were attached to the wrong barbs. If the vac side is on one of the barbs, (don't remember which one) the vacuum would only get to 15 inches, but with it on the other barb 21 inches.
OM616
08-10-2012, 12:52 PM #13

(08-10-2012, 07:06 AM)George3soccer Ok guys here's what's going on. I went out to the stealership an bought the vacuum valve. Found the the spot for it on the tumbler. It was predrilled and had its appropriate taps. Installed the valve went to the IP pulled a line from the Vacuum shut off actuator. And then pulled a line from the booster. It didn't shut the motor. But pulled the stop lever close to shutting it off. Do you think the culprit would be the shut off actuator on top of the pump.

I have a 190e that I converted and have yet to build in a key shutoff ability. I may most likely get a switch assembly from a 190d, but if it is possible to just add the valve, that would be great as I have one.

I did remove the valve from my 123 switch and saw that there is a plastic cam in the lock assembly that works the switch, I wonder if the gas switch has the cam in it? Also I found that the switch flows as it sits on a bench, it stops the flow when the valve button is pushed.

I also found that my 300d had low vacuum some time ago, the cause was the shutoff valve lines were attached to the wrong barbs. If the vac side is on one of the barbs, (don't remember which one) the vacuum would only get to 15 inches, but with it on the other barb 21 inches.

2peej
Naturally-aspirated

08-10-2012, 09:00 PM #14
I hope you guys are able to sort this out soon as I am also at the same point with my 190E to D conversion. I am looking at the simplest solution to be able to shut the engine down with turning off the ignition. Leaning heavily towards the switch over vac. solonoid valve. How difficult is it removing the ignition switch? Thanks

(08-10-2012, 12:52 PM)OM616

2peej
08-10-2012, 09:00 PM #14

I hope you guys are able to sort this out soon as I am also at the same point with my 190E to D conversion. I am looking at the simplest solution to be able to shut the engine down with turning off the ignition. Leaning heavily towards the switch over vac. solonoid valve. How difficult is it removing the ignition switch? Thanks

(08-10-2012, 12:52 PM)OM616

bryant.cw
Naturally-aspirated

08-13-2012, 03:21 AM #15
Yes, your ignition contains the cam even if it doesn't have the switch installed in it yet. The switch only works one way, that is to say, you need to hook up the vacuum supply barb and shutoff actuator barb correctly. Hook them up backwards and you will have a big vacuum leak, hook them up correct and no problems. You can check by just seeing which one of the two barbs will hold vacuum with the ignition in the the 'on' position. This is the barb you want to connect the vacuum supply to.

With regards to the vacuum shutoff valve not working correctly, I have a feeling you have hooked up the shutoff switch backwards. Just pull on the little lever at the actuator, if it shuts off then you have low vacuum to the actuator, this can be caused by a leak, or low vacuum output from the pump. You can check to see if the shutoff actuator is leaking with a vacuum tester, or just hooking some hose up to and and sucking on the end of the hose, if it holds vacuum and shuts the motor off, you're good, if you have a leak or it won't shut off with vacuum applied, it's no good.

With regards to getting the ignition cylinder out. It can be a pain but really isn't that complicated. You will need to gain access to it by removing whatever panels are in your way. When it is clear, you will have to disconnect whatever is attached to it, like hoses or wires. Finally, put the key in it and turn it to the first accessory position (enough to unlock the steering wheel). You should be able to see (with a mirror maybe?) a small silver button on the back of the ignition switch. This needs to be pressed in with a tip of a screwdriver or the like, then the whole ignition will slide out.

Good luck!
bryant.cw
08-13-2012, 03:21 AM #15

Yes, your ignition contains the cam even if it doesn't have the switch installed in it yet. The switch only works one way, that is to say, you need to hook up the vacuum supply barb and shutoff actuator barb correctly. Hook them up backwards and you will have a big vacuum leak, hook them up correct and no problems. You can check by just seeing which one of the two barbs will hold vacuum with the ignition in the the 'on' position. This is the barb you want to connect the vacuum supply to.

With regards to the vacuum shutoff valve not working correctly, I have a feeling you have hooked up the shutoff switch backwards. Just pull on the little lever at the actuator, if it shuts off then you have low vacuum to the actuator, this can be caused by a leak, or low vacuum output from the pump. You can check to see if the shutoff actuator is leaking with a vacuum tester, or just hooking some hose up to and and sucking on the end of the hose, if it holds vacuum and shuts the motor off, you're good, if you have a leak or it won't shut off with vacuum applied, it's no good.

With regards to getting the ignition cylinder out. It can be a pain but really isn't that complicated. You will need to gain access to it by removing whatever panels are in your way. When it is clear, you will have to disconnect whatever is attached to it, like hoses or wires. Finally, put the key in it and turn it to the first accessory position (enough to unlock the steering wheel). You should be able to see (with a mirror maybe?) a small silver button on the back of the ignition switch. This needs to be pressed in with a tip of a screwdriver or the like, then the whole ignition will slide out.

Good luck!

aaa
GT2256V

08-13-2012, 09:00 AM #16
You might not even need to take the ignition out to get the valve in. Just remove the panel and feel for whether the holes are there.
aaa
08-13-2012, 09:00 AM #16

You might not even need to take the ignition out to get the valve in. Just remove the panel and feel for whether the holes are there.

George3soccer
Holset

08-22-2012, 06:03 PM #17
Ok so here is what I came up with. Got the valve in correctly. I am having a problem with the valve holdin vacuum in the ON position. Once I start the motor it kills the motor in just seconds.

Is there a special way to get the valve in to have it hit the cam.

I also replaced my shut off actuator because it was leaking air slowly.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
08-22-2012, 06:03 PM #17

Ok so here is what I came up with. Got the valve in correctly. I am having a problem with the valve holdin vacuum in the ON position. Once I start the motor it kills the motor in just seconds.

Is there a special way to get the valve in to have it hit the cam.

I also replaced my shut off actuator because it was leaking air slowly.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

aaa
GT2256V

08-22-2012, 08:52 PM #18
Make sure you don't have the hoses backwards.
aaa
08-22-2012, 08:52 PM #18

Make sure you don't have the hoses backwards.

George3soccer
Holset

08-23-2012, 06:36 AM #19
Tries swapping the lines still no cigar. My problem is that I'm not sure the cam is hitting the valve correctly. I removed the cluster, and put on each barb a short of rubbing to test and see if any of the barbs would be holding vacuum once in the ON key position. They both let air in. Seems like the valve is not engaging the cam once the key is turned.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
08-23-2012, 06:36 AM #19

Tries swapping the lines still no cigar. My problem is that I'm not sure the cam is hitting the valve correctly. I removed the cluster, and put on each barb a short of rubbing to test and see if any of the barbs would be holding vacuum once in the ON key position. They both let air in. Seems like the valve is not engaging the cam once the key is turned.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

2peej
Naturally-aspirated

08-23-2012, 09:04 PM #20
Can you put on some additional pics of your ignition sw and the valve etc. I am going to start this same task in a day or so. Can you test the switch while the dash is still tornapart or do you have to re-assemble everything? I have a switch coming from a 190d and was hoping to use just the shutoff valve and put it on my switch. However I don't like the horror stories I'm hearing from you on your experience so far. I am not looking forward to tearing the dash apart but I've tried the other shutoff ideas that have been suggested to no avail. Any tips to offer? Thanks

(08-23-2012, 06:36 AM)George3soccer Tries swapping the lines still no cigar. My problem is that I'm not sure the cam is hitting the valve correctly. I removed the cluster, and put on each barb a short of rubbing to test and see if any of the barbs would be holding vacuum once in the ON key position. They both let air in. Seems like the valve is not engaging the cam once the key is turned.
This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 09:05 PM by 2peej.
2peej
08-23-2012, 09:04 PM #20

Can you put on some additional pics of your ignition sw and the valve etc. I am going to start this same task in a day or so. Can you test the switch while the dash is still tornapart or do you have to re-assemble everything? I have a switch coming from a 190d and was hoping to use just the shutoff valve and put it on my switch. However I don't like the horror stories I'm hearing from you on your experience so far. I am not looking forward to tearing the dash apart but I've tried the other shutoff ideas that have been suggested to no avail. Any tips to offer? Thanks

(08-23-2012, 06:36 AM)George3soccer Tries swapping the lines still no cigar. My problem is that I'm not sure the cam is hitting the valve correctly. I removed the cluster, and put on each barb a short of rubbing to test and see if any of the barbs would be holding vacuum once in the ON key position. They both let air in. Seems like the valve is not engaging the cam once the key is turned.

2peej
Naturally-aspirated

08-24-2012, 09:58 AM #21
I got my 190D ignition switch today from a forum member. Hooked it up to the vacuum lines without installing it in the car, works perfectly. Hope to install Sat. Let me know if I can help.

(08-23-2012, 09:04 PM)2peej Can you put on some additional pics of your ignition sw and the valve etc. I am going to start this same task in a day or so. Can you test the switch while the dash is still tornapart or do you have to re-assemble everything? I have a switch coming from a 190d and was hoping to use just the shutoff valve and put it on my switch. However I don't like the horror stories I'm hearing from you on your experience so far. I am not looking forward to tearing the dash apart but I've tried the other shutoff ideas that have been suggested to no avail. Any tips to offer? Thanks

2peej
08-24-2012, 09:58 AM #21

I got my 190D ignition switch today from a forum member. Hooked it up to the vacuum lines without installing it in the car, works perfectly. Hope to install Sat. Let me know if I can help.

(08-23-2012, 09:04 PM)2peej Can you put on some additional pics of your ignition sw and the valve etc. I am going to start this same task in a day or so. Can you test the switch while the dash is still tornapart or do you have to re-assemble everything? I have a switch coming from a 190d and was hoping to use just the shutoff valve and put it on my switch. However I don't like the horror stories I'm hearing from you on your experience so far. I am not looking forward to tearing the dash apart but I've tried the other shutoff ideas that have been suggested to no avail. Any tips to offer? Thanks

George3soccer
Holset

08-24-2012, 03:24 PM #22
Hey 2peej, can you make a video of your 190d tumbler with the valve not attached to the tumbler. I just made a video and I can not see anything inside of the tumbler once turning the key on or off to have a cam move around inside.

I have a video that I will upload on YouTube in a few.

Seems like the w201 gasser tumbler has the hole for the diesel valve but not the actual cam that follows inside it.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
08-24-2012, 03:24 PM #22

Hey 2peej, can you make a video of your 190d tumbler with the valve not attached to the tumbler. I just made a video and I can not see anything inside of the tumbler once turning the key on or off to have a cam move around inside.

Seems like the w201 gasser tumbler has the hole for the diesel valve but not the actual cam that follows inside it.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

2peej
Naturally-aspirated

08-24-2012, 08:43 PM #23
I think you may be right, did you install the valve on the gas ignition sw? Were all the holes predrilled etc? I am thinking of taking the tumble key set out of the one I just recieved and putting my exiting ignition tumbler in so I don't have to have to ign. keys on my ring. Do you see any problem with that as I'm sure you have no doubt been all though that switch by now? I plan to get into the switches in the morning, I'll keep you posted. Shoot me the youtube link, not sure if I know how to upload to it, we'll see. I do plan on documenting and taking plenty of pics. Clair

(08-24-2012, 03:24 PM)George3soccer Hey 2peej, can you make a video of your 190d tumbler with the valve not attached to the tumbler. I just made a video and I can not see anything inside of the tumbler once turning the key on or off to have a cam move around inside.

2peej
08-24-2012, 08:43 PM #23

I think you may be right, did you install the valve on the gas ignition sw? Were all the holes predrilled etc? I am thinking of taking the tumble key set out of the one I just recieved and putting my exiting ignition tumbler in so I don't have to have to ign. keys on my ring. Do you see any problem with that as I'm sure you have no doubt been all though that switch by now? I plan to get into the switches in the morning, I'll keep you posted. Shoot me the youtube link, not sure if I know how to upload to it, we'll see. I do plan on documenting and taking plenty of pics. Clair

(08-24-2012, 03:24 PM)George3soccer Hey 2peej, can you make a video of your 190d tumbler with the valve not attached to the tumbler. I just made a video and I can not see anything inside of the tumbler once turning the key on or off to have a cam move around inside.

George3soccer
Holset

08-29-2012, 10:36 AM #24
Ok here is the verdict about this shut off on my w201.

The ignition tumbler is a w201 gasser tumbler, and it definitely had the cut out for the valve and the tapped holes for the valve to mount up on the tumbler. But one this no moving cam inside of the tumbler. Kind of pointless but oh well it doesn't need it since it was a gasser. here is my video i put together quickly. And under neath that you can see 2peej's w201 190D ignition tumbler with the built in cam.

http://youtu.be/RnbewFgiRhU

[Image: 7866505684_ffc7ab7f1b_c.jpg]
[Image: 7866487878_dfe29cc25c_c.jpg]
[Image: 7866473332_06bb994d2b_c.jpg]

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
08-29-2012, 10:36 AM #24

Ok here is the verdict about this shut off on my w201.

The ignition tumbler is a w201 gasser tumbler, and it definitely had the cut out for the valve and the tapped holes for the valve to mount up on the tumbler. But one this no moving cam inside of the tumbler. Kind of pointless but oh well it doesn't need it since it was a gasser. here is my video i put together quickly. And under neath that you can see 2peej's w201 190D ignition tumbler with the built in cam.

http://youtu.be/RnbewFgiRhU

[Image: 7866505684_ffc7ab7f1b_c.jpg]
[Image: 7866487878_dfe29cc25c_c.jpg]
[Image: 7866473332_06bb994d2b_c.jpg]

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

OM616
10mm MW

08-29-2012, 11:55 AM #25
I wonder if MB used the same cam for the 123?

I have not looked, is it possiable to take the lock apart to install a cam if a 123 one would work?

EDIT:

I had a sec and found the spare 123 lock assembly I have and was able to remove the cam, all I had to do was unscrew the three screws that hold the switch to the lock assembly and the cam slid right off.

Still don't know if it will fit on the 201 lock assembly, but it would be nice given that I have a cam and a valve from the 123.
This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 05:42 PM by OM616.
OM616
08-29-2012, 11:55 AM #25

I wonder if MB used the same cam for the 123?

I have not looked, is it possiable to take the lock apart to install a cam if a 123 one would work?

EDIT:

I had a sec and found the spare 123 lock assembly I have and was able to remove the cam, all I had to do was unscrew the three screws that hold the switch to the lock assembly and the cam slid right off.

Still don't know if it will fit on the 201 lock assembly, but it would be nice given that I have a cam and a valve from the 123.

George3soccer
Holset

08-29-2012, 05:42 PM #26
That is my next question can I open up the ignition and just purchase the cam at MB and install it in.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k
George3soccer
08-29-2012, 05:42 PM #26

That is my next question can I open up the ignition and just purchase the cam at MB and install it in.

Mb 1984 w201 om603 swap.
Mb 2004 w203 C230k

OM616
10mm MW

08-29-2012, 05:44 PM #27
(08-29-2012, 05:42 PM)George3soccer That is my next question can I open up the ignition and just purchase the cam at MB and install it in.

See above; I have not had the 201 lock assembly in my hands yet, but I bet it is the same as the 123.
OM616
08-29-2012, 05:44 PM #27

(08-29-2012, 05:42 PM)George3soccer That is my next question can I open up the ignition and just purchase the cam at MB and install it in.

See above; I have not had the 201 lock assembly in my hands yet, but I bet it is the same as the 123.

2peej
Naturally-aspirated

08-31-2012, 09:17 PM #28
I don't know anything about the other model ign. switches but I do know that the pic at the beginning of this post has a shorter black tumbler cover than my 2 switches. One is off the 88 gas the other is off of an older diesel 190 I'm not sure of the year, I'll find out.

(08-29-2012, 05:44 PM)OM616

2peej
08-31-2012, 09:17 PM #28

I don't know anything about the other model ign. switches but I do know that the pic at the beginning of this post has a shorter black tumbler cover than my 2 switches. One is off the 88 gas the other is off of an older diesel 190 I'm not sure of the year, I'll find out.

(08-29-2012, 05:44 PM)OM616

Matej
GT2256V

06-30-2015, 09:04 PM #29
Sorry to bring this from the dead, but I will be dealing with the same dilemma this summer. However, I am deleting the vacuum pump along with the entire vacuum system. (Manual brakes will be fun. Smile).

My plan is to use the shut-off valve from the electronic injection pumps. Would anyone happen to know which pin would go where if I want to hook it up so it shuts off when I turn off the ignition in a 190E chassis?
Worst case scenario, I will just add a push button somewhere to the center console for shutting off the engine. But it would still be great to know which pin does what on the shut-off valve.
Thank you.

[Image: 330338d1284217724-c250-diesel-shut-off-v...070235.jpg]
[Image: 330339d1284217724-c250-diesel-shut-off-v...070236.jpg]
This post was last modified: 06-30-2015, 09:05 PM by Matej.

Irony.cc
Matej
06-30-2015, 09:04 PM #29

Sorry to bring this from the dead, but I will be dealing with the same dilemma this summer. However, I am deleting the vacuum pump along with the entire vacuum system. (Manual brakes will be fun. Smile).

My plan is to use the shut-off valve from the electronic injection pumps. Would anyone happen to know which pin would go where if I want to hook it up so it shuts off when I turn off the ignition in a 190E chassis?
Worst case scenario, I will just add a push button somewhere to the center console for shutting off the engine. But it would still be great to know which pin does what on the shut-off valve.
Thank you.

[Image: 330338d1284217724-c250-diesel-shut-off-v...070235.jpg]
[Image: 330339d1284217724-c250-diesel-shut-off-v...070236.jpg]

Irony.cc

barrote
Superturbo

07-01-2015, 10:41 AM #30
i cant see your point with that picture, that thing is a fuel heater , is not a shut of valve!!! EDC pumps are switched off cuting the power to the solenoid(rack electroactuator), the rack comes to the most aft position where no pumping is happening.
but if u want to go electric, u can use the ignition "on" signal, a couple of relays and a linear actuator.

FD,