STD Maintenance General precombustion chamber sealing shims

precombustion chamber sealing shims

precombustion chamber sealing shims

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

98taco3
K26-2

09-27-2010, 05:11 PM #1
I had a valve job done on my cylinder head since it was off the engine because of the blown headgasket and they had to pull the pre combustion chambers out. They also had to shave the head .008" since the heat had warped the head a bit. Im having issues finding oversized sealing washers for the chambers. Any ideas? Also, think .008" is enough of a difference to worry about, would there be enough clearance with stock sealing washers between the top of the piston and the pre chamber? The machine shop seems to think it would be alright but i think it may be enough to cause a contact problem.
This post was last modified: 09-27-2010, 05:13 PM by 98taco3.
98taco3
09-27-2010, 05:11 PM #1

I had a valve job done on my cylinder head since it was off the engine because of the blown headgasket and they had to pull the pre combustion chambers out. They also had to shave the head .008" since the heat had warped the head a bit. Im having issues finding oversized sealing washers for the chambers. Any ideas? Also, think .008" is enough of a difference to worry about, would there be enough clearance with stock sealing washers between the top of the piston and the pre chamber? The machine shop seems to think it would be alright but i think it may be enough to cause a contact problem.

ForcedInduction
Banned

09-27-2010, 06:34 PM #2
0.008" = 0.2mm.
The prechamber seal ring is 2.0mm, 1st oversize seal ring is 2.3mm. So, yes, you need a thicker ring to keep the prechamber tip off the pistons.

Any MB dealer should be able to get them for about $1.5/ea.
ForcedInduction
09-27-2010, 06:34 PM #2

0.008" = 0.2mm.
The prechamber seal ring is 2.0mm, 1st oversize seal ring is 2.3mm. So, yes, you need a thicker ring to keep the prechamber tip off the pistons.

Any MB dealer should be able to get them for about $1.5/ea.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average