STD Tuning Engine does anyone have access to a dimantled 91 3.5L turbo diesel

does anyone have access to a dimantled 91 3.5L turbo diesel

does anyone have access to a dimantled 91 3.5L turbo diesel

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ORION_theArcher

09-09-2010, 01:43 PM #1
I need some help with the dimensions of the inside of the block. FABRICATING A BLOCK SAVER

I NEED THE MEASUREMENTS OF THE BOTTOM OF THE SLEEVES AND THE DISTANCE FROM SLEEVE TO BLOCK.

I don't want to leave it stock, I want a rocket.
ORION_theArcher
09-09-2010, 01:43 PM #1

I need some help with the dimensions of the inside of the block. FABRICATING A BLOCK SAVER

I NEED THE MEASUREMENTS OF THE BOTTOM OF THE SLEEVES AND THE DISTANCE FROM SLEEVE TO BLOCK.

I don't want to leave it stock, I want a rocket.

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

09-11-2010, 04:54 AM #2
From what I gather, its not the block is the issue. The Rods are the weak-spot that causes the damage to the block....

If you want a 'rocket' IMO you're looking at the wrong engine....

Personally I would go for a 3.0L 603 and tune that, or better still (and reasonably easy fitting) would be the OM.606 from a W210, but dump the electronic pump....
--This engine has proven incredibly robust, and being a quad-valve motor, is easier to make big power.
--Block is basically the same as the 603, so will fit to existing mounts....

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
09-11-2010, 04:54 AM #2

From what I gather, its not the block is the issue. The Rods are the weak-spot that causes the damage to the block....

If you want a 'rocket' IMO you're looking at the wrong engine....

Personally I would go for a 3.0L 603 and tune that, or better still (and reasonably easy fitting) would be the OM.606 from a W210, but dump the electronic pump....
--This engine has proven incredibly robust, and being a quad-valve motor, is easier to make big power.
--Block is basically the same as the 603, so will fit to existing mounts....

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]

ORION_theArcher

09-11-2010, 11:30 AM #3
I know there are better methods, I just don't have engine money, resources, or facilities to do such a task. I would love to drop something hot in it, but the time isn't right.
As far as the 3.5, I know it has issues and that will be solved one day too.
I have also heard of probs with the sleeves oblonging themselves until compressiom is lost or sleeves crack. Again caused by the rods. The block saver was just an idea, and its a reach to say the least. I guess I'm stabbing in the dark at anything that might help. I want to put a less restrictive intake and exhaust. I want to tuck this front mount ic behind the bumper, and see what that does. I know some of you have told me I have a CAI and that a FMIC won't help. I feel the combination of these will make a noticeable response.
I'm having a hard time looking ay exhaust anyways, I don't want the "bee in a can" sound. I just want it to sound like a wind tunnel (more than it already does) and if I didn't feel that it might be better to recycle boost pressure, I would put a louderBOV.

I appreciate all ur help, I'm not picking and choosing what I want to hear, I just want to make it all work.
ORION_theArcher
09-11-2010, 11:30 AM #3

I know there are better methods, I just don't have engine money, resources, or facilities to do such a task. I would love to drop something hot in it, but the time isn't right.
As far as the 3.5, I know it has issues and that will be solved one day too.
I have also heard of probs with the sleeves oblonging themselves until compressiom is lost or sleeves crack. Again caused by the rods. The block saver was just an idea, and its a reach to say the least. I guess I'm stabbing in the dark at anything that might help. I want to put a less restrictive intake and exhaust. I want to tuck this front mount ic behind the bumper, and see what that does. I know some of you have told me I have a CAI and that a FMIC won't help. I feel the combination of these will make a noticeable response.
I'm having a hard time looking ay exhaust anyways, I don't want the "bee in a can" sound. I just want it to sound like a wind tunnel (more than it already does) and if I didn't feel that it might be better to recycle boost pressure, I would put a louderBOV.

I appreciate all ur help, I'm not picking and choosing what I want to hear, I just want to make it all work.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average