STD Other Projects Recent '84 300SD Acquisition

Recent '84 300SD Acquisition

Recent '84 300SD Acquisition

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

boomerbeach
Naturally-aspirated

09-09-2010, 01:35 PM #1
Two months ago+, I acquired a '84 300SD here in "The O.C", SoCal. My long-time bud up north and '83 300SD owner suggested "Der Panzer" as his vehicle name and I countered with "The Led Zep". However, my vehicle has become such a "WIP" over the past month, that my current reference has become "Money $sucking Vortex"!
I am not in complete despair. I am told that if I can stomach getting thru a number of basic issues, then, I will have far less challenges and a great "daily driver". I believe in this and am trusting my "things to do list" seems now equalizing. Every check-off I make is now countered by only one equal, new thing, instead of two to three.
Issues? Electrical, relays, A/C compressor, A/C fan, rough idle, driver seat switch, an attempted break-in/vandalism this week with RR quarter window smashed and replacement last night. Amazingly, the alarm on this 26yr old beastie still works, likely, curtailing further theft! My list of minor issues remains lengthy, hopefully, I'm making headway.
This car seems a great SoCal "road warrior", very quiet, comfortable and a most solid feel. I did add a new Sony CD/radio days ago and it's like a concert hall on wheels! A worthwhile addition and good attitude equalizer.
boomerbeach
09-09-2010, 01:35 PM #1

Two months ago+, I acquired a '84 300SD here in "The O.C", SoCal. My long-time bud up north and '83 300SD owner suggested "Der Panzer" as his vehicle name and I countered with "The Led Zep". However, my vehicle has become such a "WIP" over the past month, that my current reference has become "Money $sucking Vortex"!
I am not in complete despair. I am told that if I can stomach getting thru a number of basic issues, then, I will have far less challenges and a great "daily driver". I believe in this and am trusting my "things to do list" seems now equalizing. Every check-off I make is now countered by only one equal, new thing, instead of two to three.
Issues? Electrical, relays, A/C compressor, A/C fan, rough idle, driver seat switch, an attempted break-in/vandalism this week with RR quarter window smashed and replacement last night. Amazingly, the alarm on this 26yr old beastie still works, likely, curtailing further theft! My list of minor issues remains lengthy, hopefully, I'm making headway.
This car seems a great SoCal "road warrior", very quiet, comfortable and a most solid feel. I did add a new Sony CD/radio days ago and it's like a concert hall on wheels! A worthwhile addition and good attitude equalizer.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

09-09-2010, 01:59 PM #2
Seem good to me dude! welcome. My car has a list that doesn't seem to change length either, I cross something off while adding something new... Guess thats what happens when you buy a + 25 year old car until you totally go through it....

What color is it? So I can tap you on the bumper with mine when I see yeah lol

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
09-09-2010, 01:59 PM #2

Seem good to me dude! welcome. My car has a list that doesn't seem to change length either, I cross something off while adding something new... Guess thats what happens when you buy a + 25 year old car until you totally go through it....

What color is it? So I can tap you on the bumper with mine when I see yeah lol

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

stan
Holset

09-09-2010, 11:24 PM #3

welcome! where in OC are you? i'm over in laguna hills.

stan
09-09-2010, 11:24 PM #3

welcome! where in OC are you? i'm over in laguna hills.

boomerbeach
Naturally-aspirated

09-10-2010, 12:49 AM #4
My '84 300SD is Palomino in color and I'm in the Tustin area, but you'd likely spot on the Coast between Hunt Beach and Dana Pt..
boomerbeach
09-10-2010, 12:49 AM #4

My '84 300SD is Palomino in color and I'm in the Tustin area, but you'd likely spot on the Coast between Hunt Beach and Dana Pt..

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average