STD Tuning Engine Glow plug, and preglow system

Glow plug, and preglow system

Glow plug, and preglow system

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

George3soccer
Holset

09-09-2010, 10:02 AM #1
Hey guys not sure if this is the right section, but I do need some advice in this part of my project.

I am retrofitting the glow plug relay to a gas chassis vehicle. I am no expert with wiring diagrams, just wanted to pass this by with everyone here. And to see if I am on the right track, and what not.

The actual manual about the 602,603 glow plug can be found here check it out.

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/mercedes-benz-om602-3-glowplug

And here are the diagrams, and pictures I will be reffering to.

[Image: 6rpzcj.jpg]

[Image: fvlgur.jpg]

x4 (prong 30) - switched 12v source, does this have to be wired to the fuse box if not I will pull a large 12v source straight from the terminal block near the battery.

R9 (prongs G1, G2, G3, G4, G5, G6 glow plug socket to each glow plug.) - self explanatory

Here is where I get slightly confused on the little 5 prong socket.

w9 (prong 31) - ground easy enought i suppose.

prong LA - be the signal or power not sure which word I should use, to the instrument cluster bulb.

prong 15 - looks to be part of fuse and relay box, is this really necessary

prong 50 - starter lockout and backup light, is this really necessary aswell, not sure exactly how this would work, of course the 603 is a 5 speed now.

prong 31 - looks to be attached to W9 as in the ground . already mentioned above.

prong T - looks to be attached to x25 (plug conector preglow wiring harness, and then attaches to B11/7 being temperature sensor (preglow)) I still have the sensor which is on the side of the motor near the water pump, does this sound right.

Please someone just look at it, electrical wiring diagrams are not my finest work, just need to get things cleared up. Thank you.
George3soccer
09-09-2010, 10:02 AM #1

Hey guys not sure if this is the right section, but I do need some advice in this part of my project.

I am retrofitting the glow plug relay to a gas chassis vehicle. I am no expert with wiring diagrams, just wanted to pass this by with everyone here. And to see if I am on the right track, and what not.

The actual manual about the 602,603 glow plug can be found here check it out.

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/mercedes-benz-om602-3-glowplug

And here are the diagrams, and pictures I will be reffering to.

[Image: 6rpzcj.jpg]

[Image: fvlgur.jpg]

x4 (prong 30) - switched 12v source, does this have to be wired to the fuse box if not I will pull a large 12v source straight from the terminal block near the battery.

R9 (prongs G1, G2, G3, G4, G5, G6 glow plug socket to each glow plug.) - self explanatory

Here is where I get slightly confused on the little 5 prong socket.

w9 (prong 31) - ground easy enought i suppose.

prong LA - be the signal or power not sure which word I should use, to the instrument cluster bulb.

prong 15 - looks to be part of fuse and relay box, is this really necessary

prong 50 - starter lockout and backup light, is this really necessary aswell, not sure exactly how this would work, of course the 603 is a 5 speed now.

prong 31 - looks to be attached to W9 as in the ground . already mentioned above.

prong T - looks to be attached to x25 (plug conector preglow wiring harness, and then attaches to B11/7 being temperature sensor (preglow)) I still have the sensor which is on the side of the motor near the water pump, does this sound right.

Please someone just look at it, electrical wiring diagrams are not my finest work, just need to get things cleared up. Thank you.

George3soccer
Holset

09-10-2010, 11:35 AM #2
Any help? Anyone?
George3soccer
09-10-2010, 11:35 AM #2

Any help? Anyone?

ForcedInduction
Banned

09-10-2010, 12:24 PM #3
X4- Any power source that can have 80 amps drawn from it.

31- Ground for relay/electronics.
LA- Glow light
50- Start signal. Tells the relay to keep glowing while cranking and stop after. Without, it will continue glowing until it times out.
15- Supplies power to the electronics and starts the glow cycle.
T- Coolant temperature. Should use a normal MB sender like for the gauge.
This post was last modified: 09-10-2010, 12:25 PM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
09-10-2010, 12:24 PM #3

X4- Any power source that can have 80 amps drawn from it.

31- Ground for relay/electronics.
LA- Glow light
50- Start signal. Tells the relay to keep glowing while cranking and stop after. Without, it will continue glowing until it times out.
15- Supplies power to the electronics and starts the glow cycle.
T- Coolant temperature. Should use a normal MB sender like for the gauge.

George3soccer
Holset

09-10-2010, 01:15 PM #4
Thank you forced.

My only two questions is for the prong 50 and 15.

For 50 the starter signal is this the signal or power wire coming from the starter should be a purple wire. I will give that a try and see how that goes.

And for 15, could this be the switched 12v wire pretty much any 12v source in the engine bay.

Other then that I got everything worked out pretty good right now.
George3soccer
09-10-2010, 01:15 PM #4

Thank you forced.

My only two questions is for the prong 50 and 15.

For 50 the starter signal is this the signal or power wire coming from the starter should be a purple wire. I will give that a try and see how that goes.

And for 15, could this be the switched 12v wire pretty much any 12v source in the engine bay.

Other then that I got everything worked out pretty good right now.

ForcedInduction
Banned

09-10-2010, 02:13 PM #5
(09-10-2010, 01:15 PM)George3soccer For 50 the starter signal is this the signal or power wire coming from the starter should be a purple wire.
Yes. Its the same signal voltage sent to the starter solenoid.

Quote:And for 15, could this be the switched 12v wire pretty much any 12v source in the engine bay.
Yes.
ForcedInduction
09-10-2010, 02:13 PM #5

(09-10-2010, 01:15 PM)George3soccer For 50 the starter signal is this the signal or power wire coming from the starter should be a purple wire.
Yes. Its the same signal voltage sent to the starter solenoid.

Quote:And for 15, could this be the switched 12v wire pretty much any 12v source in the engine bay.
Yes.

George3soccer
Holset

09-11-2010, 06:51 PM #6
Thank you forced got everything wired up. Starts up sooooo quickly.
George3soccer
09-11-2010, 06:51 PM #6

Thank you forced got everything wired up. Starts up sooooo quickly.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average