STD Other Non MBZ Diesel Detuned version of the new 6.7L power stroke

Detuned version of the new 6.7L power stroke

Detuned version of the new 6.7L power stroke

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

phillip stahl
Unregistered

09-07-2010, 08:48 PM #1
If I may ask, why in this world would ford be so narrow minded and only have 300 hp on the cab and chassie trucks? I currently own a 2011 f450 with a machanic body weighing 19200 pounds and the truck is so under powered its rediculous.sad thing is 90% of their sales people dont even know this so that they could tell the customer before they sell it to them.any idea what it would cost to replace the turbo,intake and exhaust?
phillip stahl
09-07-2010, 08:48 PM #1

If I may ask, why in this world would ford be so narrow minded and only have 300 hp on the cab and chassie trucks? I currently own a 2011 f450 with a machanic body weighing 19200 pounds and the truck is so under powered its rediculous.sad thing is 90% of their sales people dont even know this so that they could tell the customer before they sell it to them.any idea what it would cost to replace the turbo,intake and exhaust?

E300TSC
Turbo-Supercharged

09-07-2010, 09:00 PM #2
Engines have to be de-tuned in heavier trucks in order to get a reasonable life out of them because they spend much more of their time putting out close to their maximum capacity.

1998 MB E300 - 194,000 miles. Current/future mods: 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 Turbo feeding Eaton M90 supercharger through custom fabbed intake system. Aeroturbine muffler, scratch-built 4" stainless exhaust. EGR eliminated, ECM recalibrated, modified rack position feedback circuit. Porterfield RS brake pads, Bilstein sport shocks, VDO EGT, oil and boost gauges.

2000 Ford F250 - 150,000 miles. Current/future mods: DP Tuner 3 map chip, scratch-built high flow intake, high output IDM, open circuit fuel system, ball bearing turbo, South Bend full metal clutch, slotted and drilled rotors. Autometer Sport Comp EGT and boost gauges.
E300TSC
09-07-2010, 09:00 PM #2

Engines have to be de-tuned in heavier trucks in order to get a reasonable life out of them because they spend much more of their time putting out close to their maximum capacity.

1998 MB E300 - 194,000 miles. Current/future mods: 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 Turbo feeding Eaton M90 supercharger through custom fabbed intake system. Aeroturbine muffler, scratch-built 4" stainless exhaust. EGR eliminated, ECM recalibrated, modified rack position feedback circuit. Porterfield RS brake pads, Bilstein sport shocks, VDO EGT, oil and boost gauges.

2000 Ford F250 - 150,000 miles. Current/future mods: DP Tuner 3 map chip, scratch-built high flow intake, high output IDM, open circuit fuel system, ball bearing turbo, South Bend full metal clutch, slotted and drilled rotors. Autometer Sport Comp EGT and boost gauges.

ForcedInduction
Banned

09-08-2010, 09:47 AM #3
Yep. Paid drivers don't "baby" vehicles like pickup owners. Its one thing to pump up power and show off every so often, but commercial trucks are driven WOT most of their lives.

I think there are tax incentives to it as well.
ForcedInduction
09-08-2010, 09:47 AM #3

Yep. Paid drivers don't "baby" vehicles like pickup owners. Its one thing to pump up power and show off every so often, but commercial trucks are driven WOT most of their lives.

I think there are tax incentives to it as well.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average