STD Tuning Engine Machining options

Machining options

Machining options

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

11-27-2008, 01:09 AM #1
There seems to be a lot of talk about "cut" delivery valves, custom pump elements, and other operations that require precision machining.

I'm a student worker at a machine shop, our machines are a bit worn but can still hold a decent tolerance(+-.0005") with a bit of patience and fresh tooling.

I'd be willing to do some one-offs in my spare time at work (when I'm not making stuff for my car) at a greatly discounted rate; I'm also up for a challenge or two but I'm not looking to start a business out of it.

What's some exotic stuff that I could make?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
11-27-2008, 01:09 AM #1

There seems to be a lot of talk about "cut" delivery valves, custom pump elements, and other operations that require precision machining.

I'm a student worker at a machine shop, our machines are a bit worn but can still hold a decent tolerance(+-.0005") with a bit of patience and fresh tooling.

I'd be willing to do some one-offs in my spare time at work (when I'm not making stuff for my car) at a greatly discounted rate; I'm also up for a challenge or two but I'm not looking to start a business out of it.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

tomnik
Holset

11-27-2008, 05:57 AM #2
Simpler=Better There seems to be a lot of talk about "cut" delivery valves, custom pump elements, and other operations that require precision machining.

It is not precision machining ist is special machining. Companies doing IP internals have specific equipment. I tiried to get some "normal" precision machining shops doing the parts, but impossible. (For the price they will ask you can come to Germany and pick it up at Bosch, how many parts do they have to make to get the first good part out?).
Next you need drawings or samples to be copied...
(just my experience and opinion)

Tom
tomnik
11-27-2008, 05:57 AM #2

Simpler=Better There seems to be a lot of talk about "cut" delivery valves, custom pump elements, and other operations that require precision machining.

It is not precision machining ist is special machining. Companies doing IP internals have specific equipment. I tiried to get some "normal" precision machining shops doing the parts, but impossible. (For the price they will ask you can come to Germany and pick it up at Bosch, how many parts do they have to make to get the first good part out?).
Next you need drawings or samples to be copied...
(just my experience and opinion)

Tom

bgkast
VGT-Intercooled

12-03-2008, 03:20 PM #3
You should CNC some exhaust manifold flanges to make into custom headers.
bgkast
12-03-2008, 03:20 PM #3

You should CNC some exhaust manifold flanges to make into custom headers.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average