STD Tuning Suspension 1987 300TDT Spring/Suspension Upgrade

1987 300TDT Spring/Suspension Upgrade

1987 300TDT Spring/Suspension Upgrade

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

jonbobshinigin
Holset

09-02-2010, 01:32 PM #1
Ok...this is something I would like to do at some point so this thread will be for documenting my findings. Dave M. / gsxr has a lot of information on this so I am sure he will have something to add at some point.

Currently the Wagon is stock aside from the front struts being Bistein HD (Heavy Duty). The wagon is mostly utilitarian so I am not wanting to drop it much, maybe an inch at most. Currently is has a LOT of body roll, especially in the rear. I am unsure if this is because of worn subframe mounts, bad springs, or perhaps bad SLS shocks. I also have a low pitched resonating when running on anything other than a flat road. I think I am going to replace the SLS mounts/bushings and see what that does and go from there.

My goals would be to have a "Mercedes" feel, but a bit firmer with less body roll. In my head I want the Sportline feel, but I have not driven one so who knows. Apparently the limo front sway bar and the 500e rear are popular options. As for Springs, I think any new spring will make a big difference so I only would want slightly stiffer without much ride height difference.

1987 300TDT - 260,000 Miles
>>275HP OM603 Project Profile here<<

jonbobshinigin
09-02-2010, 01:32 PM #1

Ok...this is something I would like to do at some point so this thread will be for documenting my findings. Dave M. / gsxr has a lot of information on this so I am sure he will have something to add at some point.

Currently the Wagon is stock aside from the front struts being Bistein HD (Heavy Duty). The wagon is mostly utilitarian so I am not wanting to drop it much, maybe an inch at most. Currently is has a LOT of body roll, especially in the rear. I am unsure if this is because of worn subframe mounts, bad springs, or perhaps bad SLS shocks. I also have a low pitched resonating when running on anything other than a flat road. I think I am going to replace the SLS mounts/bushings and see what that does and go from there.

My goals would be to have a "Mercedes" feel, but a bit firmer with less body roll. In my head I want the Sportline feel, but I have not driven one so who knows. Apparently the limo front sway bar and the 500e rear are popular options. As for Springs, I think any new spring will make a big difference so I only would want slightly stiffer without much ride height difference.

1987 300TDT - 260,000 Miles
>>275HP OM603 Project Profile here<<

winmutt
bitbanger

09-02-2010, 03:10 PM #2
I believe H&R offers springs for the TD. I will be doing my front end in the next upcoming weeks.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
09-02-2010, 03:10 PM #2

I believe H&R offers springs for the TD. I will be doing my front end in the next upcoming weeks.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average