STD Tuning Engine Bosio nozzles, Monarch 240 source

Bosio nozzles, Monarch 240 source

Bosio nozzles, Monarch 240 source

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Silberpfeil
Slowly Sideways

08-11-2010, 02:26 PM #1
Has anyone here played around with Bosio nozzles as on dieselgiant.com. Was wondering if people liked them better than the Monarch (sp?) 265s???

Is there a source still for Monarch 240s???

It seems to be the consensus that these flow WVO better than the 265s.

Anyone have any idea which of these three (3) nozzles flows WVO better??

Thanks in advance,
John

"Molly" Jan. '84 black/tan 300d 180k miles, two owner car
Silberpfeil
08-11-2010, 02:26 PM #1

Has anyone here played around with Bosio nozzles as on dieselgiant.com. Was wondering if people liked them better than the Monarch (sp?) 265s???

Is there a source still for Monarch 240s???

It seems to be the consensus that these flow WVO better than the 265s.

Anyone have any idea which of these three (3) nozzles flows WVO better??

Thanks in advance,
John

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

08-11-2010, 02:36 PM #2
If they bare the Same Part Number and are allegedly an 'equivalent', then the flow should be exactly the same as the Bosch equivalent!

After all, a DNOSD240 is a DNOSD240--No Matter WHO made it!
--Some are MADE better than others in Quality, but all should conform to same spec!
--Personally, I would Never mess with these spurious make nozzles. BOSCH or DELPHI only I will use.

Ive found the DNOSD265 to be one of the best for veggy. (And, Ive been 'veggin' for 14 Years!)

The Injectors are NOT the limiting factor for delivery. Its the way they are set up which determines the RATE of delivery, and usually the Uninitiated, Greenie Hippy types set 'em higher in pressure--Which is Counterproductive!
--Coupled to the retarded timing this imposes--again Counterproductive!

For success, running veggy, set opening pressure 10-15 bar LOWER than normal, and Timing Advancement of 3-4 degrees....

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
08-11-2010, 02:36 PM #2

If they bare the Same Part Number and are allegedly an 'equivalent', then the flow should be exactly the same as the Bosch equivalent!

After all, a DNOSD240 is a DNOSD240--No Matter WHO made it!
--Some are MADE better than others in Quality, but all should conform to same spec!
--Personally, I would Never mess with these spurious make nozzles. BOSCH or DELPHI only I will use.

Ive found the DNOSD265 to be one of the best for veggy. (And, Ive been 'veggin' for 14 Years!)

The Injectors are NOT the limiting factor for delivery. Its the way they are set up which determines the RATE of delivery, and usually the Uninitiated, Greenie Hippy types set 'em higher in pressure--Which is Counterproductive!
--Coupled to the retarded timing this imposes--again Counterproductive!

For success, running veggy, set opening pressure 10-15 bar LOWER than normal, and Timing Advancement of 3-4 degrees....

Silberpfeil
Slowly Sideways

08-12-2010, 01:13 PM #3
Alastair E thanks for the info. I did think I remember reading that the 265s did not have a center pintle (hole) and people did not like them as much as the 240s. Anybody else able to offer some input please???

Silberpfeil
08-12-2010, 01:13 PM #3

Alastair E thanks for the info. I did think I remember reading that the 265s did not have a center pintle (hole) and people did not like them as much as the 240s. Anybody else able to offer some input please???

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

08-12-2010, 01:51 PM #4
Thats correct....

The '240/ has a central hole, that has been known to block, especially on the earliest versions which replaced the DNOSD220....

The '265, (and most other types) are 'side-cut' or Faceted Pintle-nozzles, this does not block as the needle movement coupled to fuel-flow helps keep it clear.
--The shape, depth and angle of the facet will dictate the characteristics of that nozzle.

I found in comparison to std. 240's the 265 gave me slightly more torque at lower revs, while top end remained much the same as the 240.

We are talking Genuine Nozzles here, Not some bozo maker!

But, The Most Important issue for veggy is the Point-Of-Injection Timing. For a 617, go for around 28-30 degrees on drip-test, works well--easier starting, less emissions and good power....

From what I gather on a lot of forums the 265 has a good reputation and almost regarded as an 'upgrade' to the 240/

Alastair E
08-12-2010, 01:51 PM #4

Thats correct....

The '240/ has a central hole, that has been known to block, especially on the earliest versions which replaced the DNOSD220....

The '265, (and most other types) are 'side-cut' or Faceted Pintle-nozzles, this does not block as the needle movement coupled to fuel-flow helps keep it clear.
--The shape, depth and angle of the facet will dictate the characteristics of that nozzle.

I found in comparison to std. 240's the 265 gave me slightly more torque at lower revs, while top end remained much the same as the 240.

We are talking Genuine Nozzles here, Not some bozo maker!

But, The Most Important issue for veggy is the Point-Of-Injection Timing. For a 617, go for around 28-30 degrees on drip-test, works well--easier starting, less emissions and good power....

From what I gather on a lot of forums the 265 has a good reputation and almost regarded as an 'upgrade' to the 240/

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average