STD Tuning Engine Just got a OM.606!--Wow, the turbo is TINY!

Just got a OM.606!--Wow, the turbo is TINY!

Just got a OM.606!--Wow, the turbo is TINY!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

08-06-2010, 05:03 PM #1
The Turbine housing cant be more than three inches diameter....

How on earth does this thing Breathe through That!Big Grin

Ive seen 1.9 Citroen XUD-9 with bigger turbos than That!

--Wonder what would happen if I bunged it on a 617!

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
08-06-2010, 05:03 PM #1

The Turbine housing cant be more than three inches diameter....

How on earth does this thing Breathe through That!Big Grin

Ive seen 1.9 Citroen XUD-9 with bigger turbos than That!

--Wonder what would happen if I bunged it on a 617!

aaa
GT2256V

08-06-2010, 07:09 PM #2
Faster spooling. Wonder if the tradeoff is good.
aaa
08-06-2010, 07:09 PM #2

Faster spooling. Wonder if the tradeoff is good.

HughF_UK
GT2256V

08-07-2010, 02:27 AM #3
Nicely done Alastair... How rotten is the 210 it's attached to? Is it still drivable, I can't remember if you told me before.

I got an IP coming next week so should have mine up and running sometime next week.

Let me know if you want elements from Tom and a manifold from kkd, perhaps we can combine shipping?
HughF_UK
08-07-2010, 02:27 AM #3

Nicely done Alastair... How rotten is the 210 it's attached to? Is it still drivable, I can't remember if you told me before.

I got an IP coming next week so should have mine up and running sometime next week.

Let me know if you want elements from Tom and a manifold from kkd, perhaps we can combine shipping?

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

08-07-2010, 04:41 AM #4
Hi Hugh,
The story goes, that this car was stored in a barn for a while. A rat got in and ate the wiring for the windscreen-wipers....

It was taken to a garage and as there are other issues (corrosion of front wings) and a badly cracked screen (just inside 'Zone A') it would cost way too much--the owner decided-- to fix and MOT.

It was left at the garage for a year or so, then a friend bought it complete for its alloy wheels, as the garage just wanted it gone.

He sold on its interior and I have whats left. A wheel-less and interior-less, rather rusty 210 with a great engine--Not sure what the trans is like, but reckon its prolly OK.

Its got full service history to 130K and has done 140K total....
Engine is very quiet and clean,--even inside-- starts really well and has next to no 'blow-by'

I'm gonna take engine and trans out complete, strip the car of all 'black-boxes' and other electronics on Monday....

The car as-is cost me 300 quid, Pretty good I thought, these engines alone seem to go for 5-600 I gather!
--Anything you need from a W210?

--I'll have to hold off getting the parts for super-turbo, as last Monday, I lost my job.....Angry

--Thanks for the offer though.....

Alastair E
08-07-2010, 04:41 AM #4

Hi Hugh,
The story goes, that this car was stored in a barn for a while. A rat got in and ate the wiring for the windscreen-wipers....

It was taken to a garage and as there are other issues (corrosion of front wings) and a badly cracked screen (just inside 'Zone A') it would cost way too much--the owner decided-- to fix and MOT.

It was left at the garage for a year or so, then a friend bought it complete for its alloy wheels, as the garage just wanted it gone.

He sold on its interior and I have whats left. A wheel-less and interior-less, rather rusty 210 with a great engine--Not sure what the trans is like, but reckon its prolly OK.

Its got full service history to 130K and has done 140K total....
Engine is very quiet and clean,--even inside-- starts really well and has next to no 'blow-by'

I'm gonna take engine and trans out complete, strip the car of all 'black-boxes' and other electronics on Monday....

The car as-is cost me 300 quid, Pretty good I thought, these engines alone seem to go for 5-600 I gather!
--Anything you need from a W210?

--I'll have to hold off getting the parts for super-turbo, as last Monday, I lost my job.....Angry

--Thanks for the offer though.....

HughF_UK
GT2256V

08-09-2010, 06:02 AM #5
Sorry to hear about your work Alastair, but it sounds like you got a good deal getting the whole car for what I paid for my slightly burnt engine!

If I need any bits, I'll let you know, thanks for the offer.

Hugh
HughF_UK
08-09-2010, 06:02 AM #5

Sorry to hear about your work Alastair, but it sounds like you got a good deal getting the whole car for what I paid for my slightly burnt engine!

If I need any bits, I'll let you know, thanks for the offer.

Hugh

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average