STD Tuning Engine Input needed on OM606 sump for a transplant into a Jaguar

Input needed on OM606 sump for a transplant into a Jaguar

Input needed on OM606 sump for a transplant into a Jaguar

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

gn3dr
Naturally-aspirated

08-05-2010, 04:17 AM #1
Hi
Just registered here after lurking for a few weeks. Some amazing stuff on here.
I am about to embark on a project of fitting an OM606 turbo into a 1979 Jaguar XJ12. I've bought a complete W210 E300 turbodiesel for use as the donor. (It is still to be collected and currently is a non starter - turns over but won't fire, but hopefully there is nothing major wrong with it)

I am planning on transplanting the complete OM606, gearbox and ECU's from the Mercedes. This is going to be a daily driver so not looking for mad crazy power.

Anyway when looking at possible problems, one that I think is going to crop up is that the OM606 sump being front bowl will possibly clash with the Jaguar crossmember. The Jaguar engine has it's sump bowl at the rear of the sump.

So it looks like modification of the sump is going to be required. I do a lot of aluminium Tig welding so that is not really a problem. What I was wondering though is if you guys know of any other sump in the Mercedes range that will bolt on to the OM6060 and that has a rear sump bowl?

Any help will be appreciated.

Also I know a lot of people here using OM606's use the 603 IP. If there is anyone that has any experience of transplanting the OM606 with the original electronics any input from you would be great as well.

Best regards
Ger
gn3dr
08-05-2010, 04:17 AM #1

Hi
Just registered here after lurking for a few weeks. Some amazing stuff on here.
I am about to embark on a project of fitting an OM606 turbo into a 1979 Jaguar XJ12. I've bought a complete W210 E300 turbodiesel for use as the donor. (It is still to be collected and currently is a non starter - turns over but won't fire, but hopefully there is nothing major wrong with it)

I am planning on transplanting the complete OM606, gearbox and ECU's from the Mercedes. This is going to be a daily driver so not looking for mad crazy power.

Anyway when looking at possible problems, one that I think is going to crop up is that the OM606 sump being front bowl will possibly clash with the Jaguar crossmember. The Jaguar engine has it's sump bowl at the rear of the sump.

So it looks like modification of the sump is going to be required. I do a lot of aluminium Tig welding so that is not really a problem. What I was wondering though is if you guys know of any other sump in the Mercedes range that will bolt on to the OM6060 and that has a rear sump bowl?

Any help will be appreciated.

Also I know a lot of people here using OM606's use the 603 IP. If there is anyone that has any experience of transplanting the OM606 with the original electronics any input from you would be great as well.

Best regards
Ger

tomnik
Holset

08-05-2010, 04:27 AM #2
Hi,

check the G (W46x) for a different sump. No idea how it looks like but it is different.
The bowl might not be the issue to modify but the oil pump pick up tube.

The reason for the mechanical IP off the 603 is the possibility to modify the governor settings without programming. Some people work on a controller for the 606 IP.

Tom
tomnik
08-05-2010, 04:27 AM #2

Hi,

check the G (W46x) for a different sump. No idea how it looks like but it is different.
The bowl might not be the issue to modify but the oil pump pick up tube.

The reason for the mechanical IP off the 603 is the possibility to modify the governor settings without programming. Some people work on a controller for the 606 IP.

Tom

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average