STD Maintenance General TurboDiesel engine Lacks Power??

TurboDiesel engine Lacks Power??

TurboDiesel engine Lacks Power??

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

83_300sd
Unregistered

08-04-2010, 04:49 PM #1
Hi Everyone
I have an 83 Mercedes 300sd TurboDiesel
The engine Lacks Power Unless I put the pedal to the floor
Then It goes like a bat out of hell
Can anyone help me??
What would make the engine lack power??
I remember my friend had an old turbodiesel & he had to clean out one of the lines to get the power back
83_300sd
08-04-2010, 04:49 PM #1

Hi Everyone
I have an 83 Mercedes 300sd TurboDiesel
The engine Lacks Power Unless I put the pedal to the floor
Then It goes like a bat out of hell
Can anyone help me??
What would make the engine lack power??
I remember my friend had an old turbodiesel & he had to clean out one of the lines to get the power back

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

08-04-2010, 07:21 PM #2
Check and adjust your ALDA! And the line running from the intake manifold to it! It goes from the intake to a boost protection relay on the fire wall and then to the ALDA

The boost protection relay can be bypassed buy just running the line from the intake directly to the alda if you want to run more that 8psi boost

The ALDA Is the small square box on the IP if the line gets plugged it will not add enough fuel on boost! also you can loosen the 10mm nut adjust the screw cc or out! then tighten down the 10mm nut for a little more fuel off the line! helps off the line torque a lot!

but to much will make it smoke a bit more! not a big issue but a boost gauge and EGT gauge are highly recommended!
This post was last modified: 08-04-2010, 07:21 PM by willbhere4u.

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
08-04-2010, 07:21 PM #2

Check and adjust your ALDA! And the line running from the intake manifold to it! It goes from the intake to a boost protection relay on the fire wall and then to the ALDA

The boost protection relay can be bypassed buy just running the line from the intake directly to the alda if you want to run more that 8psi boost

The ALDA Is the small square box on the IP if the line gets plugged it will not add enough fuel on boost! also you can loosen the 10mm nut adjust the screw cc or out! then tighten down the 10mm nut for a little more fuel off the line! helps off the line torque a lot!

but to much will make it smoke a bit more! not a big issue but a boost gauge and EGT gauge are highly recommended!

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average