STD Tuning Engine Do I need a pump that already has an ALDA or should I just get a N/A pump?

Do I need a pump that already has an ALDA or should I just get a N/A pump?

Do I need a pump that already has an ALDA or should I just get a N/A pump?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HughF_UK
GT2256V

08-02-2010, 06:59 AM #1
I see that a lot of folk are now building custom ALDA's to limit the off boost fuelling. Here in the UK, all 603 pumps are from N/A engines so have no ALDA. If I want a pump with ALDA then it has to come from germany.

So I was wondering, do I even need to get a turbo capable pump, or would I be better off with a N/A pump and fitting an external alda onto the stop lever?

Cheers everyone for your help,

Hugh
HughF_UK
08-02-2010, 06:59 AM #1

I see that a lot of folk are now building custom ALDA's to limit the off boost fuelling. Here in the UK, all 603 pumps are from N/A engines so have no ALDA. If I want a pump with ALDA then it has to come from germany.

So I was wondering, do I even need to get a turbo capable pump, or would I be better off with a N/A pump and fitting an external alda onto the stop lever?

Cheers everyone for your help,

Hugh

ForcedInduction
Banned

08-02-2010, 08:36 AM #2
Using the stop lever does the same thing. Both limit maximum fuel until airflow to burn all the fuel becomes available.

The only difference is that the ALDA also changes the throttle:fuel ratio as it operates, which can have an effect on automatic transmission shifting.
ForcedInduction
08-02-2010, 08:36 AM #2

Using the stop lever does the same thing. Both limit maximum fuel until airflow to burn all the fuel becomes available.

The only difference is that the ALDA also changes the throttle:fuel ratio as it operates, which can have an effect on automatic transmission shifting.

HughF_UK
GT2256V

08-02-2010, 09:43 AM #3
Okay forced, this is good news as a place just up the road from me has a 603 pump and were prepared to let me have it for a good price. As I don't use an automatic transmission, I doubt the adjustment in throttle:fuel ratio is required.

I'll look into the stop lever modifications some more.

Hugh
HughF_UK
08-02-2010, 09:43 AM #3

Okay forced, this is good news as a place just up the road from me has a 603 pump and were prepared to let me have it for a good price. As I don't use an automatic transmission, I doubt the adjustment in throttle:fuel ratio is required.

I'll look into the stop lever modifications some more.

Hugh

HughF_UK
GT2256V

08-05-2010, 04:53 AM #4
£135 lighter and a 603 N/A pump is on it's way from the flat lands of Cambridgeshire, UK...

I should be able to get my motor running next week Smile Just need to figure out the stop lever/boost can/fuel control business.
HughF_UK
08-05-2010, 04:53 AM #4

£135 lighter and a 603 N/A pump is on it's way from the flat lands of Cambridgeshire, UK...

I should be able to get my motor running next week Smile Just need to figure out the stop lever/boost can/fuel control business.

HughF_UK
GT2256V

08-10-2010, 07:20 AM #5
It's arrived! If this bloody rain will stop (yeah, english summer here again) I should have her running tonight Smile
HughF_UK
08-10-2010, 07:20 AM #5

It's arrived! If this bloody rain will stop (yeah, english summer here again) I should have her running tonight Smile

HughF_UK
GT2256V

08-10-2010, 03:59 PM #6
Good news everyone (said in a professor farnsworth from futurama style), It runs!

After fluffing up the timing first time round, and a little issue with some air leaks on my outboard motor priming bulb I was using, she fired up. I need to make a glowplug harness (anyone know where to buy the plugs that fit the glowplugs?) and sort out some coolant but for now, she's running sweetly.

I have a video, i'll stick it on youtube.
HughF_UK
08-10-2010, 03:59 PM #6

Good news everyone (said in a professor farnsworth from futurama style), It runs!

After fluffing up the timing first time round, and a little issue with some air leaks on my outboard motor priming bulb I was using, she fired up. I need to make a glowplug harness (anyone know where to buy the plugs that fit the glowplugs?) and sort out some coolant but for now, she's running sweetly.

I have a video, i'll stick it on youtube.

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

08-10-2010, 04:54 PM #7
Great news, always nice to see an engine run, particularly when its been bought 'blind' as it were....

Looks like we've both been playing with OM.606 today--

Took the engine and trans outta the W210 today, wasn't as much fuss as I
thought it would be...
At first glance it looks like a nightmare to remove, but it turned out to be dead easy!
Yup, I got Soaked too, Pissed down until the moment it parted company with the chassis....

Forklifts are great when you need to get at those difficult trans cross-member bolts--and I wasnt gonna lie in a muddy puddle!...
--Poor old W210 was on its side for an hour!

Message to self,--When removing W210 engine--Must remove Radiator first,--It aint like a W123!Big Grin

Funny thing is, it doesnt look half as big now its sitting on W/S floor, but the 722.6 trans is bloody Huge--I'm used to the small 722.2/3!
This post was last modified: 08-10-2010, 04:56 PM by Alastair E.

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
08-10-2010, 04:54 PM #7

Great news, always nice to see an engine run, particularly when its been bought 'blind' as it were....

Looks like we've both been playing with OM.606 today--

Took the engine and trans outta the W210 today, wasn't as much fuss as I
thought it would be...
At first glance it looks like a nightmare to remove, but it turned out to be dead easy!
Yup, I got Soaked too, Pissed down until the moment it parted company with the chassis....

Forklifts are great when you need to get at those difficult trans cross-member bolts--and I wasnt gonna lie in a muddy puddle!...
--Poor old W210 was on its side for an hour!

Message to self,--When removing W210 engine--Must remove Radiator first,--It aint like a W123!Big Grin

Funny thing is, it doesnt look half as big now its sitting on W/S floor, but the 722.6 trans is bloody Huge--I'm used to the small 722.2/3!

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average