STD Tuning Engine CheapFass

CheapFass

CheapFass

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ForcedInduction
Banned

08-20-2010, 07:59 AM #1
I was thinking about how to build one, but the more I thought about it the more I realized we all have one as stock equipment!

Here is a FASS system, the same design is used across all the "air removal" systems.

All the components are here:
Pump
Fuel filter/water separator
Air discharge port
Pressure regulator

All the stock filter bases have an air discharge port directly to the return system. Its not a very large hole but its there and its effective. I don't see any harm enlarging it an additional 1/16" either.

The later filter base has a longer bolt that picks up fuel deeper in the filter.
The Baldwin and CAT filter upgrades add a water separator.
This post was last modified: 08-20-2010, 08:00 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
08-20-2010, 07:59 AM #1

I was thinking about how to build one, but the more I thought about it the more I realized we all have one as stock equipment!

Here is a FASS system, the same design is used across all the "air removal" systems.

All the components are here:
Pump
Fuel filter/water separator
Air discharge port
Pressure regulator

All the stock filter bases have an air discharge port directly to the return system. Its not a very large hole but its there and its effective. I don't see any harm enlarging it an additional 1/16" either.

The later filter base has a longer bolt that picks up fuel deeper in the filter.
The Baldwin and CAT filter upgrades add a water separator.

98taco3
K26-2

08-20-2010, 09:59 AM #2
Good find! I have an airdog on my cummins and couldnt be happier. Definitely made a huge difference as the engine is now supplied a constant fuel supply unlike the stock lift pump. I have been wondering how much of a difference one would make on the mercedes.
98taco3
08-20-2010, 09:59 AM #2

Good find! I have an airdog on my cummins and couldnt be happier. Definitely made a huge difference as the engine is now supplied a constant fuel supply unlike the stock lift pump. I have been wondering how much of a difference one would make on the mercedes.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average