STD Tuning Engine Replacement or Custom ALDA

Replacement or Custom ALDA

Replacement or Custom ALDA

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

jonbobshinigin
Holset

07-26-2010, 11:52 AM #1
My Alda has been off for a while now because it obviously was not working well. I removed it and there was a huge difference. But also a little more smoke at idle, and lots of smoke when past 1/2 acceleration. Where can I get a new one, a custom one, or can this one be repaired? I read the write-up a while back about a guy who rebuilt his but is seemed indefinite.

1987 300TDT - 260,000 Miles
>>275HP OM603 Project Profile here<<

jonbobshinigin
07-26-2010, 11:52 AM #1

My Alda has been off for a while now because it obviously was not working well. I removed it and there was a huge difference. But also a little more smoke at idle, and lots of smoke when past 1/2 acceleration. Where can I get a new one, a custom one, or can this one be repaired? I read the write-up a while back about a guy who rebuilt his but is seemed indefinite.

1987 300TDT - 260,000 Miles
>>275HP OM603 Project Profile here<<

muuris
OM605

07-26-2010, 12:00 PM #2
Build one yourself. Basically remove stock and install one that limits shutdown-lever travel upwards. Boost raises a cylinder/actuator which now lets the lever go further up, and all the way up on full boost. If one doesn't want to modify the linkage inside the pump, the limiting device has to be made so that it won't restrict the lever going downwards. Otherwise the engine can't be shut down.

I built this kind of thing in my current pump over a year ago (not seen in the picture: there are now two additional springs to modify the cracking and full fueling pressures the way I want them to be)

[Image: pumppu.jpg]

For the next pump I'll do it without modifying the internals, replace the actuator with a cylinder, put a separate spring with easy preload adjustment etc.
This post was last modified: 07-26-2010, 12:05 PM by muuris.
muuris
07-26-2010, 12:00 PM #2

Build one yourself. Basically remove stock and install one that limits shutdown-lever travel upwards. Boost raises a cylinder/actuator which now lets the lever go further up, and all the way up on full boost. If one doesn't want to modify the linkage inside the pump, the limiting device has to be made so that it won't restrict the lever going downwards. Otherwise the engine can't be shut down.

I built this kind of thing in my current pump over a year ago (not seen in the picture: there are now two additional springs to modify the cracking and full fueling pressures the way I want them to be)

For the next pump I'll do it without modifying the internals, replace the actuator with a cylinder, put a separate spring with easy preload adjustment etc.

garage
Bush Taxi

07-30-2010, 10:48 PM #3
(07-26-2010, 12:00 PM)muuris Build one yourself. Basically remove stock and install one that limits shutdown-lever travel upwards. Boost raises a cylinder/actuator which now lets the lever go further up, and all the way up on full boost. If one doesn't want to modify the linkage inside the pump, the limiting device has to be made so that it won't restrict the lever going downwards. Otherwise the engine can't be shut down.

muuris, do you have any pics or more info on the custom alda you built?

1987 300D: EGR Delete, ARV Delete, Cold Air Intake...
garage
07-30-2010, 10:48 PM #3

(07-26-2010, 12:00 PM)muuris Build one yourself. Basically remove stock and install one that limits shutdown-lever travel upwards. Boost raises a cylinder/actuator which now lets the lever go further up, and all the way up on full boost. If one doesn't want to modify the linkage inside the pump, the limiting device has to be made so that it won't restrict the lever going downwards. Otherwise the engine can't be shut down.

muuris, do you have any pics or more info on the custom alda you built?

1987 300D: EGR Delete, ARV Delete, Cold Air Intake...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average