STD Maintenance General thermo valve size?

thermo valve size?

thermo valve size?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

07-12-2010, 11:11 AM #1
Hi, I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. Does anyone know the thread size/pitch of the vacuum thermo valve on the thermostat housing?

I'm wanting to use that location for the temp sender for my electric fan. If someone has a spare laying around and could check that I'd appreciate it!

82 300SD aka The Flyin Pumpkin (Gone): 7.5mm super M-pump, T3 60 trim turbo, Coldish air intake, A/W intercooler, propane injection, SW Boost and EGT gauges, Monark 265 nozzles, ported/polished cylinder head.

84 Euro 300D 4 sp: White with black trunk and hood. Blue cloth interior. Manual everything. 300DT front swaybar. C320 17" wheels. Now with the Flyin Pumpkins engine! 
Biohazard
07-12-2010, 11:11 AM #1

Hi, I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. Does anyone know the thread size/pitch of the vacuum thermo valve on the thermostat housing?

I'm wanting to use that location for the temp sender for my electric fan. If someone has a spare laying around and could check that I'd appreciate it!

82 300SD aka The Flyin Pumpkin (Gone): 7.5mm super M-pump, T3 60 trim turbo, Coldish air intake, A/W intercooler, propane injection, SW Boost and EGT gauges, Monark 265 nozzles, ported/polished cylinder head.

84 Euro 300D 4 sp: White with black trunk and hood. Blue cloth interior. Manual everything. 300DT front swaybar. C320 17" wheels. Now with the Flyin Pumpkins engine! 

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-12-2010, 05:29 PM #2
I believe its metric threads with a crush washer. I tapped the thermovalve hole for 1/8NPT and left the 40*c switch in place for other uses.
This post was last modified: 07-12-2010, 05:32 PM by ForcedInduction.
Attached Files
Image(s)

ForcedInduction
07-12-2010, 05:29 PM #2

I believe its metric threads with a crush washer. I tapped the thermovalve hole for 1/8NPT and left the 40*c switch in place for other uses.

Attached Files
Image(s)

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

07-13-2010, 01:08 AM #3
Thanks FI, thats exactly where the sending unit is going! I'm pretty sure it's a 10mm size, but still don't know the pitch. I could just pull the sucker out, but I don't feel like opening up the cooling system multiple times. The top tank on the radiator is seeping and my Dad and I are taking a road trip in August. The spare radiator is going in, an eletric fan setup, and fresh coolant etc. I'd like to be able to just take care of it when the system is drained. Do you happen to remember what the thread pitch is? Summit Racing has a couple different metric threaded sending units, one is 10x1.5 the other is 12x1.5; pretty sure the 12mm one is going to be too big if you had to drill it out for the 1/8NPT fitting.

Biohazard
07-13-2010, 01:08 AM #3

Thanks FI, thats exactly where the sending unit is going! I'm pretty sure it's a 10mm size, but still don't know the pitch. I could just pull the sucker out, but I don't feel like opening up the cooling system multiple times. The top tank on the radiator is seeping and my Dad and I are taking a road trip in August. The spare radiator is going in, an eletric fan setup, and fresh coolant etc. I'd like to be able to just take care of it when the system is drained. Do you happen to remember what the thread pitch is? Summit Racing has a couple different metric threaded sending units, one is 10x1.5 the other is 12x1.5; pretty sure the 12mm one is going to be too big if you had to drill it out for the 1/8NPT fitting.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average