STD Tuning Engine how to clean,flush,rebuild 617 injection pump

how to clean,flush,rebuild 617 injection pump

how to clean,flush,rebuild 617 injection pump

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

turbo85
garret/air research T3 turbocharged

06-16-2010, 04:25 PM #1
I have 2 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D Turbo Diesel w123 chassis and the original 617 engines. I need to know where to get parts/supplies, and how to rebuild, flush/clean, and improve the mechanical injection pump.
I bought these two cars from a junkyard because they were in great shape but the pumps are trashed; however, I don’t know how to work on these parts neither do I know where to get the things I need to rebuild them with affordably. any mechanical [/b]advice,pictorials,diagrams,what tools are required, where I can get the parts, a list of what parts I need to buy would be extremely helpful for my diy project. All advice/help would be appreciated from one MB diesel Enthusiast to another.

Thanks sincerely
turbo85
turbo85
06-16-2010, 04:25 PM #1

I have 2 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D Turbo Diesel w123 chassis and the original 617 engines. I need to know where to get parts/supplies, and how to rebuild, flush/clean, and improve the mechanical injection pump.
I bought these two cars from a junkyard because they were in great shape but the pumps are trashed; however, I don’t know how to work on these parts neither do I know where to get the things I need to rebuild them with affordably. any mechanical [/b]advice,pictorials,diagrams,what tools are required, where I can get the parts, a list of what parts I need to buy would be extremely helpful for my diy project. All advice/help would be appreciated from one MB diesel Enthusiast to another.

Thanks sincerely
turbo85

ForcedInduction
Banned

06-16-2010, 05:06 PM #2
(06-16-2010, 04:25 PM)turbo85 I need to know where to get parts/supplies, and how to rebuild, flush/clean, and improve the mechanical injection pump.

Take it to an injection shop. Its not possible to rebuild an injection pump at home.
ForcedInduction
06-16-2010, 05:06 PM #2

(06-16-2010, 04:25 PM)turbo85 I need to know where to get parts/supplies, and how to rebuild, flush/clean, and improve the mechanical injection pump.

Take it to an injection shop. Its not possible to rebuild an injection pump at home.

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

06-19-2010, 08:37 AM #3
Aye, Best way forward is the Injection-Shop for a rebuild....

Although is quite possible to obtain most of the parts you'll use in a re-build, it will be quite impossible to re-set all the adjustments--Or even get 'em close without fitting the IP to a proper Test-Bench, where its run and set up at different speeds and fuel settings/conditions, again for which you'llneed the correct I.S.O. 'Test-Plan' for that particular pump and Know how to de-cypher it.....

Realistically, if the pump you have is Working with no apparent faults, best advice is Leave It Alone!
--Re-building an IP Properly is an Expensive prospect and in a lot of cases, Pointless if its working!

The Bosch Inline pumps are Incredibly long-lived devices if fed with good clean fuel and the lube-oil changed at the proper times....

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]
Alastair E
06-19-2010, 08:37 AM #3

Aye, Best way forward is the Injection-Shop for a rebuild....

Although is quite possible to obtain most of the parts you'll use in a re-build, it will be quite impossible to re-set all the adjustments--Or even get 'em close without fitting the IP to a proper Test-Bench, where its run and set up at different speeds and fuel settings/conditions, again for which you'llneed the correct I.S.O. 'Test-Plan' for that particular pump and Know how to de-cypher it.....

Realistically, if the pump you have is Working with no apparent faults, best advice is Leave It Alone!
--Re-building an IP Properly is an Expensive prospect and in a lot of cases, Pointless if its working!

The Bosch Inline pumps are Incredibly long-lived devices if fed with good clean fuel and the lube-oil changed at the proper times....

[Image: 300TDnoplate.jpg]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average