STD Tuning Engine engine conversion, part sources

engine conversion, part sources

engine conversion, part sources

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

desmotre
Unregistered

05-04-2010, 06:04 PM #1
Greetings, I am new to this forum. I have a '82 MB 308 Camper, 2.3 ltr. gas engine. I rebuilt this engine a few times but the engine is too small for this van (pre-Sprinter but relatively the same size). These vans came with two other engines - 240 D and a 300D. I have a 300D engine - 617910 that has 109,000 miles on it that i would like to use; however, I am missing some parts for the engine - fuel lines, throttle linkage, oil cooler and lines; air filter unit from a '75- '76 300D etc. I am located in the Yukon so accessing local parts is difficult. I am looking for used part sources that will ship to Canada. Also, if anyone has experience adding a turbo to this engine I would be interested in hearing about how it was done and what parts were used. Also, if there is anyone who has converted a gas engine vehicle to a diesel engine did you use the same fuel tank/modifications???

Thanks,

Mike
desmotre
05-04-2010, 06:04 PM #1

Greetings, I am new to this forum. I have a '82 MB 308 Camper, 2.3 ltr. gas engine. I rebuilt this engine a few times but the engine is too small for this van (pre-Sprinter but relatively the same size). These vans came with two other engines - 240 D and a 300D. I have a 300D engine - 617910 that has 109,000 miles on it that i would like to use; however, I am missing some parts for the engine - fuel lines, throttle linkage, oil cooler and lines; air filter unit from a '75- '76 300D etc. I am located in the Yukon so accessing local parts is difficult. I am looking for used part sources that will ship to Canada. Also, if anyone has experience adding a turbo to this engine I would be interested in hearing about how it was done and what parts were used. Also, if there is anyone who has converted a gas engine vehicle to a diesel engine did you use the same fuel tank/modifications???

Thanks,

Mike

kmaser
Turbocharged G-Wagen

05-04-2010, 06:27 PM #2
Mike,

I have a 1978 Mercedes 300TD with a naturally aspirated OM617 that I just picked up for parts as the engine is seized. I should be able to sell you what you need for quite cheap and I am in Alberta and that would make things easier. I am keeping the starter, Alternator, transmission and injection pump. Anything else is up for grabs so let me know
kmaser
05-04-2010, 06:27 PM #2

Mike,

I have a 1978 Mercedes 300TD with a naturally aspirated OM617 that I just picked up for parts as the engine is seized. I should be able to sell you what you need for quite cheap and I am in Alberta and that would make things easier. I am keeping the starter, Alternator, transmission and injection pump. Anything else is up for grabs so let me know

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average