STD Tuning Engine Myna diesel pumps and control

Myna diesel pumps and control

Myna diesel pumps and control

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HughF_UK
GT2256V

04-25-2008, 05:23 AM #1
Hey guys, go to pick up my 5 speed getrag manual gearbox and associated pile of bits (pedal box, propshaft, mount etc etc) tomorrow to put into my w201 Big Grin

Just need to find an om606 now and we might be getting somewhere with the project.

I've got a query about myna diesel pumps... does anyone know if they modify them to allow adjustment of the fuelling post install? We have a very strict smoke test here in the UK every year and I have no problem getting Bosch VE pumps through the test as I can adjust everything, but the turned up M series pump I had on my aftermarket turbo'd 617 did have a hard time passing.

I obviously don't want to run the same risk with getting a myna diesel pump for the 606, it would be a right pain to have to change the pump every year.

Cheers all,

Hugh...

I haven't forgotten about the pictures, I'll try and get them up this weekend, it's been a busy few weeks here.
HughF_UK
04-25-2008, 05:23 AM #1

Hey guys, go to pick up my 5 speed getrag manual gearbox and associated pile of bits (pedal box, propshaft, mount etc etc) tomorrow to put into my w201 Big Grin

Just need to find an om606 now and we might be getting somewhere with the project.

I've got a query about myna diesel pumps... does anyone know if they modify them to allow adjustment of the fuelling post install? We have a very strict smoke test here in the UK every year and I have no problem getting Bosch VE pumps through the test as I can adjust everything, but the turned up M series pump I had on my aftermarket turbo'd 617 did have a hard time passing.

I obviously don't want to run the same risk with getting a myna diesel pump for the 606, it would be a right pain to have to change the pump every year.

Cheers all,

Hugh...

I haven't forgotten about the pictures, I'll try and get them up this weekend, it's been a busy few weeks here.

ForcedInduction
Banned

04-25-2008, 06:33 AM #2
Myna installs external full load adjustments, you don't even need to open the pump.

Another easy trick for any modified mechanical diesel to pass the smoke test is to limit the throttle travel. Either by changing the stop screw setting or changing the linkage rod lengths.
ForcedInduction
04-25-2008, 06:33 AM #2

Myna installs external full load adjustments, you don't even need to open the pump.

Another easy trick for any modified mechanical diesel to pass the smoke test is to limit the throttle travel. Either by changing the stop screw setting or changing the linkage rod lengths.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average