STD Tuning Engine well it happened, blew an oil cooler line, but...

well it happened, blew an oil cooler line, but...

well it happened, blew an oil cooler line, but...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

houtxfdcapt
Unregistered

04-27-2010, 08:26 PM #1
IT WAS NEW!!!! just put them on about a month ago. wasnt fun either! On my way back from Disaster City in College Station I looked down and had no oil pressure. I looked in my rear view and the truck behind me had there windshield wipers on. Shifted to neutral and turned it off.

sooo. looking under the hood one of the lines released itself from the crimp. oil friggin everywhere.

was there a brand I was supposed to stay away from?
houtxfdcapt
04-27-2010, 08:26 PM #1

IT WAS NEW!!!! just put them on about a month ago. wasnt fun either! On my way back from Disaster City in College Station I looked down and had no oil pressure. I looked in my rear view and the truck behind me had there windshield wipers on. Shifted to neutral and turned it off.

sooo. looking under the hood one of the lines released itself from the crimp. oil friggin everywhere.

was there a brand I was supposed to stay away from?

aaa
GT2256V

04-27-2010, 09:02 PM #2
If you mention from where and what that brand was then now we'll know.
aaa
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM #2

If you mention from where and what that brand was then now we'll know.

George3soccer
Holset

04-27-2010, 09:06 PM #3
Was it put on correctly. Or was it a fully assembled line, just bolt up.
George3soccer
04-27-2010, 09:06 PM #3

Was it put on correctly. Or was it a fully assembled line, just bolt up.

winmutt
bitbanger

04-28-2010, 08:34 AM #4
Ya I think we'd all like to hear more on this. If improperly mounted the belts can eat right into them. I narrowly avoided disaster when a pinhole developed in one of mine.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
04-28-2010, 08:34 AM #4

Ya I think we'd all like to hear more on this. If improperly mounted the belts can eat right into them. I narrowly avoided disaster when a pinhole developed in one of mine.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

ForcedInduction
Banned

04-28-2010, 01:49 PM #5
Sounds like the hoses weren't properly crimped by the manufacturer. At the least you should get a warranty replacement of the hoses, if not sue them for damage to your engine.
ForcedInduction
04-28-2010, 01:49 PM #5

Sounds like the hoses weren't properly crimped by the manufacturer. At the least you should get a warranty replacement of the hoses, if not sue them for damage to your engine.

houtxfdcapt
Unregistered

04-29-2010, 06:34 AM #6
(04-27-2010, 09:06 PM)George3soccer Was it put on correctly. Or was it a fully assembled line, just bolt up.
yes brand new in an unopened package, fully assembled all one piece

(04-28-2010, 08:34 AM)winmutt Ya I think we'd all like to hear more on this. If improperly mounted the belts can eat right into them. I narrowly avoided disaster when a pinhole developed in one of mine.
yes sir, the car even got brand new motor mounts. I made sure the lines went back into all the factory "holding" brackets

(04-28-2010, 01:49 PM)ForcedInduction Sounds like the hoses weren't properly crimped by the manufacturer. At the least you should get a warranty replacement of the hoses, if not sue them for damage to your engine.

Forced, this is what I think happened. I will get a pic of it later and post it up.

Of the two hoses, one had a textured covering on the hose and the other had smooth rubber. It was the smooth rubber one that pulled out of the crimp.

the lines were ordered in to a small shop in Conroe Texas where I have bought pretty much everything for this car. I never have had any problems until now, with there parts. Most everything that I picked up from them had a german manufacturer name on it...

I am going to drop in to this shop this afternoon and talk about all this with the guys that own the shop.
houtxfdcapt
04-29-2010, 06:34 AM #6

(04-27-2010, 09:06 PM)George3soccer Was it put on correctly. Or was it a fully assembled line, just bolt up.
yes brand new in an unopened package, fully assembled all one piece

(04-28-2010, 08:34 AM)winmutt Ya I think we'd all like to hear more on this. If improperly mounted the belts can eat right into them. I narrowly avoided disaster when a pinhole developed in one of mine.
yes sir, the car even got brand new motor mounts. I made sure the lines went back into all the factory "holding" brackets

(04-28-2010, 01:49 PM)ForcedInduction Sounds like the hoses weren't properly crimped by the manufacturer. At the least you should get a warranty replacement of the hoses, if not sue them for damage to your engine.

Forced, this is what I think happened. I will get a pic of it later and post it up.

Of the two hoses, one had a textured covering on the hose and the other had smooth rubber. It was the smooth rubber one that pulled out of the crimp.

the lines were ordered in to a small shop in Conroe Texas where I have bought pretty much everything for this car. I never have had any problems until now, with there parts. Most everything that I picked up from them had a german manufacturer name on it...

I am going to drop in to this shop this afternoon and talk about all this with the guys that own the shop.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average