STD Maintenance General 87 300d turbo / blowback question

87 300d turbo / blowback question

87 300d turbo / blowback question

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

03-29-2010, 06:17 PM #1
I am looking at buying an 87 300d that the turbo went out on. Current owner changed the turbo out and now it has a significant amount (lots more than normal) of blowback when the turbo engages. Any ideas?

He said that he has only driven it a couple of miles (less than 10) since he swapped in the new turbo. I am thinking that when the other went out it could have just blown some oil into the manifold or something. He is thinking the wastegate on the new turbo could be frozen up. Not really sure, so any ideas are great.

Most likely buying it either way as it is a pretty solid car even if I have to do some toying with it. And I really want to get back in a MB Diesel.
ncturbo300d
03-29-2010, 06:17 PM #1

I am looking at buying an 87 300d that the turbo went out on. Current owner changed the turbo out and now it has a significant amount (lots more than normal) of blowback when the turbo engages. Any ideas?

He said that he has only driven it a couple of miles (less than 10) since he swapped in the new turbo. I am thinking that when the other went out it could have just blown some oil into the manifold or something. He is thinking the wastegate on the new turbo could be frozen up. Not really sure, so any ideas are great.

Most likely buying it either way as it is a pretty solid car even if I have to do some toying with it. And I really want to get back in a MB Diesel.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average