STD Maintenance General 220 CDI injector seals

220 CDI injector seals

220 CDI injector seals

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Benzsc1
Unregistered

03-15-2010, 06:52 AM #1
I am sure this has already bween discussed but has anyone got a suggested method for fixing the common problem of injector seals (Copper rings) leaking?
I replaced the seals about two years ago there was so much sticky Cr*p between the injectors and the head it took half a day just to clean that all of it was like tar!
Got back from a medium journey where I was pushing on quite a bit and noticed that I have a bad case of lost compression on Cylinder three cause the seal has gone again. Maybe I did'nt do somethiong right the first time round all torque setting etc were applied anyone got a better suggestion?

Si Wink
Benzsc1
03-15-2010, 06:52 AM #1

I am sure this has already bween discussed but has anyone got a suggested method for fixing the common problem of injector seals (Copper rings) leaking?
I replaced the seals about two years ago there was so much sticky Cr*p between the injectors and the head it took half a day just to clean that all of it was like tar!
Got back from a medium journey where I was pushing on quite a bit and noticed that I have a bad case of lost compression on Cylinder three cause the seal has gone again. Maybe I did'nt do somethiong right the first time round all torque setting etc were applied anyone got a better suggestion?

Si Wink

Benzsc1
Unregistered

03-22-2010, 05:41 AM #2
Hi Chaps hope someone can help here I started the job Saturday morning only to snap the bolt that hold the injector bracket in place does anyone have any tips on how to get around this I was planning to slot a threaded collar in to the hole and use a shorter bolt to hold the injector down?

Si
Benzsc1
03-22-2010, 05:41 AM #2

Hi Chaps hope someone can help here I started the job Saturday morning only to snap the bolt that hold the injector bracket in place does anyone have any tips on how to get around this I was planning to slot a threaded collar in to the hole and use a shorter bolt to hold the injector down?

Si

ForcedInduction
Banned

03-22-2010, 08:24 AM #3
Sorry, not many CDI owners in the USA.

Use a bit of blue loctite on the bolts to prevent them from backing off.
ForcedInduction
03-22-2010, 08:24 AM #3

Sorry, not many CDI owners in the USA.

Use a bit of blue loctite on the bolts to prevent them from backing off.

Benzsc1
Unregistered

03-22-2010, 09:06 AM #4
No Worries mate thanks for reply problem is not with bolts backing out one has snapped so I guess I am just goping to have to Helicoil it but want to perform this with the head in situ.

What sort of stuff do you guys run over there??
Benzsc1
03-22-2010, 09:06 AM #4

No Worries mate thanks for reply problem is not with bolts backing out one has snapped so I guess I am just goping to have to Helicoil it but want to perform this with the head in situ.

Riverstick
GT2256V

12-26-2010, 09:13 AM #5
(03-22-2010, 09:06 AM)Benzsc1 No Worries mate thanks for reply problem is not with bolts backing out one has snapped so I guess I am just goping to have to Helicoil it but want to perform this with the head in situ.

This is a common problem with the CDI's You need to change the stretch bolts when you remove them as otherwise they have a tendancy to shear when they are tightened/loosened in the future. Be very carefyl drilling them out as well as the water galleries are close to the thread hole......not much room for margin of error

" It is far easier to get forgiveness rather than permission"
Riverstick
12-26-2010, 09:13 AM #5

(03-22-2010, 09:06 AM)Benzsc1 No Worries mate thanks for reply problem is not with bolts backing out one has snapped so I guess I am just goping to have to Helicoil it but want to perform this with the head in situ.

This is a common problem with the CDI's You need to change the stretch bolts when you remove them as otherwise they have a tendancy to shear when they are tightened/loosened in the future. Be very carefyl drilling them out as well as the water galleries are close to the thread hole......not much room for margin of error

" It is far easier to get forgiveness rather than permission"

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average